Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Sacramento, Ca.
First time connect works fine. Once the program has been disconnected my macbook pro is no longer able to reconnect with it (server unavailable) until I reboot the computer. Anyone else have this problem? I'm running Tiger 10.4.11.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
First time connect works fine. Once the program has been disconnected my macbook pro is no longer able to reconnect with it (server unavailable) until I reboot the computer. Anyone else have this problem? I'm running Tiger 10.4.11.

I had the exact same problem and contacted support. They got back to me pretty quickly and said it had to do with the way Tiger handles AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) and that a restart may occasionally be required until they come up with a fix for this.

tubeoflondon

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
Datacase error

Hi guys,
i am having same problem but i am using Windows xp and every time when i try to put ftp than it says couldn't fin server :(
any help would be appreciated

Thanks.:cool:

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Hi guys,
i am having same problem but i am using Windows xp and every time when i try to put ftp than it says couldn't fin server :(
any help would be appreciated

Thanks.:cool:

Where are you putting the ftp?

Right click start, select Explore, then enter the ftp off of the iPhone into the address bar.

Hope that helps.
Gary

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I just bought MobileFinder last night. It seemed buggy at first, but it has settled down since then and working flawlessly at the moment as far as transfering and storing files. Haven't tried any of the view documents functions yet.

dbboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Sacramento, Ca.
Just got "Files". Connect, disconnect and reconnect to OSX/Vista no problem at all.
Datacase needs some work unfortunately...........

tubeoflondon

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
Datacase

Where are you putting the ftp?

Right click start, select Explore, then enter the ftp off of the iPhone into the address bar.

Hope that helps.
Gary

Hi gary,
first of all thanks for your responde, everytime when i put the ftp than
it says "windows cannot access this folder.Make sure you typed the file correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details:a connection with the server could not be established."

hope it makes sense for you?
Thanks

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Hi gary,
first of all thanks for your responde, everytime when i put the ftp than
it says "windows cannot access this folder.Make sure you typed the file correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details:a connection with the server could not be established."

hope it makes sense for you?
Thanks

Sorry you are having problems. I went ahead and tested it again, just following my instructions above and the same window popped up that you got and couldn't gain access. I then did a hard reset of my iPhone and tried again, same window. I plugged the iPhone into the computer and then looked at the address that I had typed and lo and behold the answer was right there.

Somewhere along the line an additional ftp (ftp://ftp xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx) had been inserted by explorer...so double check what your typing.
Once I removed the second ftp letters and retyped it again...everything connected both with and without the USB.

Another thing you may check is your firewall...it may be blocking the port that you are inserting off of the iPhone. The port is the last 4 numbers of the address you are typing in the address bar.

Hope this gets you going...let us know.

tubeoflondon

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
Sorry you are having problems. I went ahead and tested it again, just following my instructions above and the same window popped up that you got and couldn't gain access. I then did a hard reset of my iPhone and tried again, same window. I plugged the iPhone into the computer and then looked at the address that I had typed and lo and behold the answer was right there.

Somewhere along the line an additional ftp (ftp://ftp xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx) had been inserted by explorer...so double check what your typing.
Once I removed the second ftp letters and retyped it again...everything connected both with and without the USB.

Another thing you may check is your firewall...it may be blocking the port that you are inserting off of the iPhone. The port is the last 4 numbers of the address you are typing in the address bar.

Hope this gets you going...let us know.

No i tried as you said first i ve checked explorer and it shows just one ftp and i ve canceled firewall than it came again same warning :(
i dont understan really whats going on mate :(
tell me what can we do pls?

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
No i tried as you said first i ve checked explorer and it shows just one ftp and i ve canceled firewall than it came again same warning :(
i dont understan really whats going on mate :(
tell me what can we do pls?

Hmmm...I'm running out of options without knowing what and how your system is operating. How are you connected to your Router?

If you are using LAN and have not also activated your wireless then that is the problem. I use LAN all the time because I am a gamer but I also had to activate my wireless for this App, so now I run both at the same time. It requires a WiFi connection, not LAN.

If that does not do it, then I recommend sending an email to the developer explaining your situation. I am not sure where else to go as mine is working without problem.

Keep trying and never give up, it is probably something really simple.
Gary

tubeoflondon

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
Hmmm...I'm running out of options without knowing what and how your system is operating. How are you connected to your Router?

If you are using LAN and have not also activated your wireless then that is the problem. I use LAN all the time because I am a gamer but I also had to activate my wireless for this App, so now I run both at the same time. It requires a WiFi connection, not LAN.

If that does not do it, then I recommend sending an email to the developer explaining your situation. I am not sure where else to go as mine is working without problem.

Keep trying and never give up, it is probably something really simple.
Gary

Thanks anyway gary, i ve just sent email to developer and as soon as i got my response, i ll let you know guys,cheers buddy :)

hiroyuki

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I resolved the issue.

The other day I bought DataCase and figured the volumes are not displayed on Finder ( or Path Finder ) after quitting DataCase on my Tiger. Therefore, I made a workflow to resolve the issue because I do not like the situation and cannot wait for the developers to fix it.

If you also cannot wait, go to the following URL and get the workflow I have just made.

http://www.loungecreek.com/mount_file_server/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.