PDA

View Full Version : Napster MP3 player gets a 3 out of 5 with Tech TV.

MacBytes
Jan 8, 2004, 11:22 PM
Category: Reviews
Link: Napster MP3 player gets a 3 out of 5 with Tech TV. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040109002206)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Flowbee
Jan 9, 2004, 12:28 AM
I will still never understand why they named it the "Napster YP-910 GS." Somebody was definately out to lunch the day that was approved.:confused:

SilvorX
Jan 9, 2004, 12:53 AM
I remember reading that a Roxio executive owns an iPod and loves it while saying the Napster MP3 player is a piece of crud

Flowbee
Jan 9, 2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SilvorX
I remember reading that a Roxio executive owns an iPod and loves it while saying the Napster MP3 player is a piece of crud

I think that was supposed to be a 'humorous' article. A parody. Fiction.

csimmons
Jan 9, 2004, 03:49 AM
"A price of $350 (20GB iPod is $400), simple interface, and a boatload of features makes the Napster Player Yepp YP-910 GS a good choice. But unless you're a Napster maniac or you have tons of WMA files, you're better off getting the iPod and using iTunes or even the iRiver iHP-120.":D

mrsebastian
Jan 9, 2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SilvorX

even if that's not true, it does make you think. what if you're an exec at an ipod competitors company and little johnny comes to you and says, "dad i wanna ipod for christmas!" what do you do then :D

mainstreetmark
Jan 9, 2004, 12:50 PM
Everyone fails to mention that when they say "Napster", it's the name and the name alone. There isn't any technology or other innovations carried over from the real napster. It is, in fact, a completely and totally independent project, with the exception that I think Fanning is on the board of directors or something. They might just as well have made a music download service named "Buick Skylark".

And yes, the YS-910 GS is one bonehead name. I still have to look it up, and it'll never just roll off the tongue (except in vomit form).