Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
This could very well be one of the few things Bush will be remembered positively for after his term is up. Keep the space program going!

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I like how the BBC calls him Mr. Bush not Pres. Bush.

:p

I'd love to see a manned mission to mars and a permanent base on the moon.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by zoetropeuk
I propose we send Bush to Mars. I'm sure we could find enough people to donate to the cause.
rollinglaugh.gif
Where do I send money to?

woowoo.gif

edit: and the best bit, no one will even care if it lands safely :D It was a monkey that first went to the moon wasn't it (or maybe space, I'm not very "up" on this subject), so it only makes sense it should be the same for Mars...;)

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
this from a man...

whose idea for a hydrogen economy is to mine coal, burn it to create electricity, and then crack H2O to create the hydrogen.

This also from a man whose administration is putting a creationist spin on Grand Canyon geology.

I agree. This is just a cynical ploy to look like a visionary to get votes. JFK did it as part of the cold war struggle, but, at least he did it with grand style.

Same goes for immigration reform. Yet another Karl Rovian spin to get hispanic votes.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by jayscheuerle
President Bush is an idiot who has no idea how difficult this undertaking is (most people don't) and is only doing this as an election year stunt. If the stunt works to garnish him votes, then perhaps he isn't an idiot, but merely someone who prefers to come across as one.

wasn't putting a man on the moon along the same lines as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.