Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
I crashed Jaguar, really bad, also. But I did not get the flying text over my screen. Instead the screen was dimmed an a message telling me a problem had occured and my computer need to be restarted was displayed (in serveral langugaues). Much nicer than the old kernal panic :)

Oh well, now you know :cool:

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
kernel panic

this is good, I was in CompUsa the other day and they had a new imac with panic text all over the screen, they seemed to be taking their own sweet time, so I just restarted myself. The sales gu came over and asked me not to do that as they had called their apple tech to fix it. Appearantly, they had no idea what was going on. MAn, if those people got paid better, I would snap up that job in a second. They need somebody oer there.:D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: kernel panic

Originally posted by drastik
Appearantly, they had no idea what was going on. MAn, if those people got paid better, I would snap up that job in a second. They need somebody oer there.:D

sad isn't it...

there are so many people out there with good paying jobs that do not know jack...and then there's the guys like many of u who know so much...and aren't seeing anything from it...

opportunities...;)

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Do you mean something like this? It's been brought up here before.

he he, freaked out by a kernel panic... how did CompUSA get the privilege of selling macs? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.