PDA

View Full Version : duke headed for the top


jefhatfield
May 23, 2002, 01:09 PM
has anybody noticed that dukestreet is headed to the lead position in number of posts?

in the first half of 2001, it was spikey, kela, and john123

in the second half of 2001, it was me

in the first half of 2002, it has been eyelikeart all the way

but by the end of july sometime or perhaps a little later, the great dukestreet will run with the lead...at least that is my prediction

where i was like a fast go cart, eye had a combustion engine, but with 11.36 posts a day over eye's average of 5.49 posts per day, duke is like a rocket engine headed for mars

in the past, i thought it would be alphatech to catch eye, but now i think dukestreet will do it

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 01:12 PM
duke's definitely been on a tear the last month or so...impressive, to say the least.:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:17 PM
he'll catch him in no time.

and i can tell eye's shaking in his boots. given some of his posts lately... so incoherent. he's just trying to keep pace! ha

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 01:32 PM
I've had a lot of fun at this website...

I've also been saying for a while now that someone will leave me in their dust...

and it's looking like duke just may do it...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 01:33 PM
Oh the pressure! Now your going to see eye stay up all night and get in 200 posts a day to keep his lead. Silliness all around. I don't think it will happen, I'm going to have to work more soon so I'll be slowing down. And the post/day thing isn't very accurate in the short term, especially with eye being around for so long. He's been posting 60 or so a day at times.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I've had a lot of fun at this website...

I've also been saying for a while now that someone will leave me in their dust...

and it's looking like duke just may do it...he he he ;)

the first part of that post sounds like a retirement.....

"it's been a lot of fun... but it's time to pass the baton onto the next group of posters...."

ha

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
And the post/day thing isn't very accurate in the short term, especially with eye being around for so long. He's been posting 60 or so a day at times.

and you've been posting 60+ a day regularly.... :p :D :) ;)

had to add the smiles for a bit of eyelikeart flava!

if this keeps up, the campaign to save eyelikeart's top spot might start up!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


and you've been posting 60+ a day regularly.... :p :D :) ;)


And you've been no slouch either. You've been posting like a madman lately, you unemployed silly student person. You're post/day are around 9.5 and you'll soon be at the M mark and passing mac15 and beej to make it to the top 10.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


And you've been no slouch either. You've been posting like a madman lately, you unemployed silly student person. You're post/day are around 9.5 and you'll soon be at the M mark and passing mac15 and beej to make it to the top 10.

see that's the thing. i would say i AM a slouch... as you pointed out in your second sentence... hehe.

once i get a job i'll post less yeah. i didn't know who was in the top 10. aren't there more than 10-15 1000s? oh wait, there was 10 before.. then mac15 joined? i forget.

oh well, doesn't matter to me.

i bet i'm the least well known near 1000 poster... i try not to make waves. or maybe i try to but fail. haha

Backtothemac
May 23, 2002, 01:49 PM
Well, I was very silent for a while, but I have been a motor mouth here over the last month. I think someone will catch eye one day. Hey, look at the home run records. But they have both been on a tear, and with great posts by the way.

Anyway, I have gone from like number 70 in posts to top 20 in less than a month, so look out guys, here I come. Until my wife sells the computers in a desperate attempt to regain control of her household ;)

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 01:52 PM
Speaking of top 10 posters, where's mischief been lately?

I recently passed him for the 5 spot...:D

Hemingray
May 23, 2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Speaking of top 10 posters, where's mischief been lately?

I recently passed him for the 5 spot...:D

One pie too many, I'm afraid... :D

Anyone care to place bets? I'll put 20 credits down on dukestreet reaching #1 within 6 months. ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray


One pie too many, I'm afraid... :D

Anyone care to place bets? I'll put 20 credits down on dukestreet reaching #1 within 6 months. ;)

much less than 6 months i bet.

i say... 2 months tops.

what are "credits" per se? haha :p

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray

Anyone care to place bets? I'll put 20 credits down on dukestreet reaching #1 within 6 months. ;)

You guys have nothing better to do?

I don't think I'll ever catch eye, he's 500 post more than me, it just doesn't seem posible unless he goes on vacation for a month. Besides, its all silly and means absolutely nothing.

So how many credits to I get if I 'fix' the bet?

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You guys have nothing better to do?

I don't think I'll ever catch eye, he's 500 post more than me, it just doesn't seem posible unless he goes on vacation for a month. Besides, its all silly and means absolutely nothing.

So how many credits to I get if I 'fix' the bet?

you know me by not, of course i have better things to do. but so do most of the people here (including you sometimes i'm sure)....

500 posts more than you? hmm... let's think about that. how far ahead of you was he a month ago? 1000? or more? 500 is nothing for you to make up.

fixing the bet gets you banned. or so i heard. from.... eye... yeah, that's it. ha

and if it means absolutely nothing, why do you EVER congratulate on post marks and stuff? it certainly says at least a bit... if only how much time someone has to spare.... :p

still, what's a credit?

that's it, i'm outta here!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
and if it means absolutely nothing, why do you EVER congratulate on post marks and stuff? it certainly says at least a bit... if only how much time someone has to spare.... :p


Weird, I just thought it was polite, never really thought of that. Don't have much of an answer, actually. Why does anyone congratulate on reaching a post.

500 is worthy, you get a 'tar, but other than that?

Hemingray
May 23, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
still, what's a credit?

Think Star Wars... :::waves hand over you::: Credits... WILL... be fine. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray


Think Star Wars... :::waves hand over you::: Credits... WILL... be fine. :D
Ha, going to go see it tonight again for the second time. Can't wait! Its at a local theater that has a digital projection system, so digital movie, digital projector, I have no idea how it will compare, but it should be great.

macfreek57
May 23, 2002, 02:49 PM
i wish i could post more often...
i think if i had a cable connection (and some more ram:D ) i'd post more often
i find it tiring surfing the macrumors pages like this
i usually have 5-12 different pages open at the same time with only 128 MB of ram ( yes...d@mn ! but that's how i work)

by the way..
how do you get posts per day?

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by macfreek57

by the way..
how do you get posts per day?

Click on profile at the bottom of one of your posts and it takes you to your usercp, or you can hit that button at the top of the page.

You're at 1.12 post/day

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray


Think Star Wars... :::waves hand over you::: Credits... WILL... be fine. :D

haha. outstanding!

i'm hitting it up tonight. i've heard both good and bad... here's hoping

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ha, going to go see it tonight again for the second time. Can't wait! Its at a local theater that has a digital projection system, so digital movie, digital projector, I have no idea how it will compare, but it should be great.

supposedly (according to ebert) the digital projection is much better... since the movie was done digitally this pretty much makes sense. why lose a generation by transferring it?...

but let us know what you notice.

too bad it costs so dang much for theaters to convert to digital projection.... if it were cheaper, it'd all be digital very soon... oh well

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 03:55 PM
I'm begining to think that jelloshots wants to see me writhe in pain... :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


too bad it costs so dang much for theaters to convert to digital projection.... if it were cheaper, it'd all be digital very soon... oh well

Give it time, eventually it will all be digital. The movie companies want it that way, think how much money they'll save by allowing the theaters to download the movies instead of having to deliver reels all over the world? Good time to invest in movie technology companies.....

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I'm begining to think that jelloshots wants to see me writhe in pain... :eek:

oh come on now. i hate to see you not putting in tons of smileys...... why do you think that???

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Give it time, eventually it will all be digital. The movie companies want it that way, think how much money they'll save by allowing the theaters to download the movies instead of having to deliver reels all over the world? Good time to invest in movie technology companies.....

yeah i know. just has to come down in price.

how many digital theaters are there in the country now? i know about a year ago there were only a handful...

teabgs
May 23, 2002, 04:29 PM
But it's sooooo evil! Film looks so much nicer then digital! It's so warm and welcoming whereas digital looks too sharp and sterile.

Unless they (me soon) shoot with film and THEN transfer to digital I for one will be upset.:mad:


Also....where do you see what "rank" poster you are?

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
But it's sooooo evil! Film looks so much nicer then digital! It's so warm and welcoming whereas digital looks too sharp and sterile.

Unless they (me soon) shoot with film and THEN transfer to digital I for one will be upset.:mad:


Also....where do you see what "rank" poster you are?

well. lucas has a way of making the digital look like film a lot.... i haven't seen the newest, but i'll see tonight.

and yeah, i think film looks a lot nicer too. wish i could afford it.


got me. i don't know much about the rankings here... i think duke brought it up. he'll probably know all... ha

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 05:30 PM
I saw it on a DLP and it was amazing.

Clarity and sharpness were fantastic! I never want to see a movie on film again.

You can find post ranking by clicking the members button at the top of the forum page, and then clicking on "Top 10 Posters" on the next page.

Here's the URL directly to it:
http://www.macrumors.com/forums/memberlist.php3?what=topposters&perpage=10

britboy
May 23, 2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Ha, going to go see it tonight again for the second time. Can't wait! Its at a local theater that has a digital projection system, so digital movie, digital projector, I have no idea how it will compare, but it should be great.

He he, i've just come back from watching it a second time too! I'll probably go again next week, somewhere in belgium where they've got it in english. Anakin just doesn't sound right in german...

Beej
May 23, 2002, 08:09 PM
If Duke wasn't allowed to double-, triple- or even quadruple-post like he so often does, he'd still be in the mid 1000s! You guys should see the private forum... Duke's been going crazy on the triple-posting!

// Begin stupid side note
Anyone else reckon 'triple' should be spelled with two p's? That's how I always type it for a start, but then I correct myself. Come to think about it, it should be spelled 'trippple'. Heh. And 'double' should be 'doubble'.

Oh man, I'm in a weird mood today! :D
// End stupid side note

--

Anyone notice mac15 has been kicked from the top 10? When did that happen? Who was it?

krossfyter
May 23, 2002, 08:23 PM
go duke! kick it duke! rock it like youve never rocked it before? frekin throw some crazy fly funk on this forum!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Beej
If Duke wasn't allowed to double-, triple- or even quadruple-post like he so often does, he'd still be in the mid 1000s! You guys should see the private forum... Duke's been going crazy on the triple-posting!

Now that's not nice, beej, and I thought we were friends. Every one of those posts was titled as a point to the issue in the thread and needed to be address like that. It was a total of 7 that were posted as info and not in response to questions. Don't slander my name!:mad: None of them were less than 4-5 lines of text, no one liners.

jefhatfield
May 23, 2002, 09:29 PM
i am in the top five, but only because i have extreme longevity here

i post, they say, only 2.4 posts per day...that's only becuase i was a lurker for soo long...;)

i will probably never catch eye or dukestreet since i have two part time jobs...my own businesses...so if i slack, then i make me look bad...no passing the buck in my two person/three person businesses

oh well:p

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
go duke! kick it duke! rock it like youve never rocked it before? frekin throw some crazy fly funk on this forum!!!

Got a plan to, but its got nothing to do with me! Its going to be great! Just you wait and see!

Ooh, I rhymed, goodness me! Macs and Dr. Seuss.....

jefhatfield
May 23, 2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Beej
If Duke wasn't allowed to double-, triple- or even quadruple-post like he so often does, he'd still be in the mid 1000s! You guys should see the private forum... Duke's been going crazy on the triple-posting!

// Begin stupid side note
Anyone else reckon 'triple' should be spelled with two p's? That's how I always type it for a start, but then I correct myself. Come to think about it, it should be spelled 'trippple'. Heh. And 'double' should be 'doubble'.

Oh man, I'm in a weird mood today! :D
// End stupid side note

--

Anyone notice mac15 has been kicked from the top 10? When did that happen? Who was it?

what??? am i missing something here with you demi gods...what is it...really...it is virtual sex on these threads..romance...flaming non-demi-gods...oh, please tell me

:) :( :o :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield


what??? am i missing something here with you demi gods...what is it...really...it is virtual sex on these threads..romance...flaming non-demi-gods...oh, please tell me

Well, if you'd pay up your membership dues, you'd know all about it, now wouldn't you.....;) :p

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield


what??? am i missing something here with you demi gods...what is it...really...it is virtual sex on these threads..romance...flaming non-demi-gods...oh, please tell me

:) :( :o :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

again...don't flame me for adding my pety response here jello...

but u could see all of the stuff we do behind closed doors if u pay up...he he he...

just watch it for the drunken midgets....oh wait....that's going to be here for Geek Fest....nevermind... ;)

(dont mind the plug I made for Geek Fest I hope)

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
again...don't flame me for adding my pety response here jello...

but u could see all of the stuff we do behind closed doors if u pay up...he he he...

just watch it for the drunken midgets....oh wait....that's going to be here for Geek Fest....nevermind... ;)

(dont mind the plug I made for Geek Fest I hope)

alright... take a deep breath eye...... ok... exhale.

i'm always yanking your chain, especially since you're such a good sport... as for midgets....

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


alright... take a deep breath eye...... ok... exhale.

i'm always yanking your chain, especially since you're such a good sport... as for midgets....
OMG!!!!!!!!! I swear I literally fell out of my chair. I hope that I did not wake up MrsBacktothemac. OMG that is just flat out too funny. Hey, when the lights are out and it is 12:24 at night. Wel, something that looks like that will wake you up real quick. :cool:

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
i'm always yanking your chain, especially since you're such a good sport... as for midgets....

OH MY GOD!!!! :eek: :D

HA HA HA!!!!!

where the hell did u ever find that?!! :p

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

OMG!!!!!!!!! I swear I literally fell out of my chair. I hope that I did not wake up MrsBacktothemac. OMG that is just flat out too funny. Hey, when the lights are out and it is 12:24 at night. Wel, something that looks like that will wake you up real quick. :cool:

haha. sweet

i wanted to hit that up back when krossfyter put up the cat. but i was on my parents' imac, not my own comp.... so, there it is!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


OH MY GOD!!!! :eek: :D

HA HA HA!!!!!

where the hell did u ever find that?!! :p

that's my cousin and his friend. (cousin the one with the mullet)

ha. a friend of mine sent it to me once.

he's a freak though, so it doesn't surprise me....

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


alright... take a deep breath eye...... ok... exhale.

i'm always yanking your chain, especially since you're such a good sport... as for midgets....

Ha! That is truly a krosfyter worthy image. What I want to know is how high the basket is? They can't be shooting 10'......

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Ha! That is truly a krosfyter worthy image. What I want to know is how high the basket is? They can't be shooting 10'......

yeah. my cousin has a special 6 foot hoop....

and a trampouline...

haha.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 02:04 AM
So did you go see SWEP2? What did you think? We got the theater and found out that the 10:30 movie wasn't a digital projector, bastards. So we went and saw the regular film version. I'll have to back again to see the digital show.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
So did you go see SWEP2? What did you think? We got the theater and found out that the 10:30 movie wasn't a digital projector, bastards. So we went and saw the regular film version. I'll have to back again to see the digital show.....

it was star wars. so it was good. entertaining.

it had parts and dialogue that was very poorly written and some of the acting was bad.

the visuals were incredible. and some of the 3D camera movements were really interesting.

but i mean, when you've got this kind of budget, and all these people who are reading and going over the script, some of those dumb, pointless lines just have to stand out...

anakin's saber gets cut in that weird factory type place where queenie is in that pot where the lava's going... anakin says

"not again. obi wan's gonna kill me".

it was out of the blue. with a line that cheesy, better just leaving it out... that's just one of several.

still, much better than spiderman.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 02:15 AM
The dialog definitely needed help - C3P0 'This is a drag', or 'I'm beside myself..', cheesy, corny. Oh, well. Maybe GL will get some more help for the last movie. The 3D was spectacular, Yoda, the Clone aliens, nice. And the final battle scene with the robots vs. the clones totally kicked @ss. I'll go see it one more time I think and try and get in to that digital show.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
The dialog definitely needed help - C3P0 'This is a drag', or 'I'm beside myself..', cheesy, corny. Oh, well. Maybe GL will get some more help for the last movie. The 3D was spectacular, Yoda, the Clone aliens, nice. And the final battle scene with the robots vs. the clones totally kicked @ss. I'll go see it one more time I think and try and get in to that digital show.

see, i'd have hoped he'd have some better writing for the first one. then when that one sucked, i'd have thought it'd have been done away with in the second... but what the??? i actually though anakin was a better actor than the queen. though, the writing for him wasn't good, so it made him look bad.

yoda was awesome. incredible facial animation.

the war was great. and the sheer size of the cities and the armies... amazing. i was in awe. but then again, not blown away the way i've been with other things.. i guess it's just not as new.... still though, some of those 3D created landscapes.... yikes!

it gives your fiji pic a run for its money.

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Ha! That is truly a krosfyter worthy image. What I want to know is how high the basket is? They can't be shooting 10'......


it very well is. hella job jello! i take my hat off to ya on that one.



"hardline, hardline after hardline"

Beej
May 24, 2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Now that's not nice, beej, and I thought we were friends. Every one of those posts was titled as a point to the issue in the thread and needed to be address like that. It was a total of 7 that were posted as info and not in response to questions. Don't slander my name!:mad: None of them were less than 4-5 lines of text, no one liners. He he :) Sorry dude. Not trying to slander your name, just sayin'...

Plus, I knew you'd be funny when you kicked into defensive mode :p

OK, to everyone who thinks any less of the big D after my above post, don't. He has had good reason for every time he has posted two or more times in a row.

He is a kind and caring man. A compassionate, understanding, family guy. He donates to charity, helps out with community service whenever he can, and always pays for software.

Not only is he on track to becoming the highest poster here at Mac Rumors, he is well on the way to Knighthood, and will undoubtedly be the first man ever declared a Saint while still alive.

When Saint Dukestreet dies, he might even knock the big guy of his chair in Heaven.

Ensign Paris
May 24, 2002, 03:33 AM
I really should post more, but I post in alot of Forums already, so I can't keep them all up, this is the best one by a long way!

GO MACRUMORS!

Ensign

Macmaniac
May 24, 2002, 07:35 AM
Wow Post wars! I can;t wait to see who wins.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Beej
He he :) Sorry dude. Not trying to slander your name, just sayin'...

Plus, I knew you'd be funny when you kicked into defensive mode :p

OK, to everyone who thinks any less of the big D after my above post, don't. He has had good reason for every time he has posted two or more times in a row.

He is a kind and caring man. A compassionate, understanding, family guy. He donates to charity, helps out with community service whenever he can, and always pays for software.

Not only is he on track to becoming the highest poster here at Mac Rumors, he is well on the way to Knighthood, and will undoubtedly be the first man ever declared a Saint while still alive.

When Saint Dukestreet dies, he might even knock the big guy of his chair in Heaven.

haha. i enjoyed that... especially the last line..... kinda subtle. that's not usually beej's style, now is it? ha!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter

hella job jello!

can you translate that for me?

i put it in on altavista translate but i couldn't find a language that seemed to recognize it. thanks

Beej
May 24, 2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


haha. i enjoyed that... especially the last line..... kinda subtle. that's not usually beej's style, now is it? ha! Who me? Not subtle? Never! :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Beej
Who me? Not subtle? Never! :D

yeah, that's what i'm saying!

glad to have support on the issue though. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Wow Post wars! I can;t wait to see who wins.

Oh, please. We're all going to be overrun by jello any day now. He's been kicking it into high gear, he's got the #3 spot for post/day at 9.87! He hasn't been noticed because he's not in the top 10, but he'll be there this weekend, is my guess.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Oh, please. We're all going to be overrun by jello any day now. He's been kicking it into high gear, he's got the #3 spot for post/day at 9.87! He hasn't been noticed because he's not in the top 10, but he'll be there this weekend, is my guess.

who's jello?

my girlfriend's coming tonight and i actually do have to clean up today in preparation. so i don't think i'll do it this weekend.

also, you and eye do all this with a freaking job!!! i have none. once i get one... you two will regain full command. no worries there.

age before beauty they say



ps. not sure who "they" are or what that phrase means...

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Oh, please. We're all going to be overrun by jello any day now. He's been kicking it into high gear, he's got the #3 spot for post/day at 9.87! He hasn't been noticed because he's not in the top 10, but he'll be there this weekend, is my guess.

I hear that....I think jello is somehow trying to have a post revolt over everyone...

he's evil I tell u....very evil....ha ha ha!!! :D

don't ask me...I'm just in a good mood today...

maybe if I can catch my breath at work some today I can get back in on the fun again!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I hear that....I think jello is somehow trying to have a post revolt over everyone...

he's evil I tell u....very evil....ha ha ha!!! :D

don't ask me...I'm just in a good mood today...

maybe if I can catch my breath at work some today I can get back in on the fun again!

haha. rarely do posts make me physically for my mouth into a smile shape... but this did.. ha

it's great that you think i'm starting an uprising. if that's the case, whose side do you think i'm on? or am i just out for myself?

i too am in a good mood. i mean, i'm bored, have nothing to motivate me to work, but i'mm in a good mood! maybe it's my girlfriend coming over tonight.... whoo!

ps. i will have you note. I did not start this thread. jefhatfield did!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
ps. i will have you note. I did not start this thread. jefhatfield did!

So, what difference has that ever made?

And you're just out to cause chaos, quite simple actually - start calling you Maxwell's Daemon.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
So, what difference has that ever made?

And you're just out to cause chaos, quite simple actually - start calling you Maxwell's Daemon.....

well i wanted eye to remember that i wasn't the one who started this whole deal....

and again, i'm lost with your references. call me dumb if you want.... i deserve it.

i did a quick search and read as much as i'd allow myself to...

so i'm some pseudo-demon guarding a gate measuring the speed and temperature at which molecules enter the jar? or something? ha

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


so i'm some pseudo-demon guarding a gate measuring the speed and temperature at which molecules enter the jar? or something? ha

Its all everything reaching a final state of entropy....

Sorry I'm being too obtuse for you this morning, guess I'll tone down the references for you.

How's 'you stink', that simple enough?

Ha, now I'm getting silly.....

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 10:55 AM
HAHAHAHA!


You'se guys are a bunch of geeks!
:eek:

That's right. I said it. WHO WANTS SOME?

Dig it!

;)

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Its all everything reaching a final state of entropy....

Sorry I'm being too obtuse for you this morning, guess I'll tone down the references for you.


now you're just patronizing me.... blah.

Originally posted by dukestreet
How's 'you stink', that simple enough?

Ha, now I'm getting silly.....

oh man. you sound like a little kid...

and no, we wouldn't want you to be silly. never. how would that affect your...... whatever.

now you just need to give us a full blown....

BOOYAH!!

and that'll be quite fun :p

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
HAHAHAHA!
You'se guys are a bunch of geeks!
:eek:


you sound like my freaking grandma. "you'se"...

Originally posted by teabgs

That's right. I said it. WHO WANTS SOME?


hmm........

Originally posted by teabgs
Dig it!

;)

thanks krossfyter.

;)

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 11:02 AM
Hey guys. I don't know who will catch them, but the person isn't a member now, then they won't be catching them. I can just see us in 15 years. I will be 47, and my little girl will be 18. Can you just imagine her coming over with her friends, and as she walks through the door, I slam my fist down in a fit of rage and yell,

"Damn you mcrain, it is double taxation."

The shear horror on her poor little face as her daddy passes 100,000 posts.
:p

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:02 AM
you know...there's gotta be something up with the planetary alignment or something, cause everyone's in a weird mood today :confused:

I need a shower...

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Hey guys. I don't know who will catch them, but the person isn't a member now, then they won't be catching them. I can just see us in 15 years. I will be 47, and my little girl will be 18. Can you just imagine her coming over with her friends, and as she walks through the door, I slam my fist down in a fit of rage and yell,

"Damn you mcrain, it is double taxation."

The shear horror on her poor little face as her daddy passes 100,000 posts.
:p

hot damn that made me laugh... haha.

ahhh that thought is too precious. imagine, even better, you at like 80, with the great grandkids coming in and you yelling the same thing... haha.... from your favorite chair, with the current g14 laptop... (yeah yeah, new naming by then i'm sure... ha)

ahhh.. why did that make me laugh so hard....

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

oh man. you sound like a little kid...


Ok, so I brought it down a little too far. Any reference here shouldn't be too hard to figure out, if you're just too lazy to go to google and get the info, well that's not my fault. I'm always using google to get some references, not always on MacRumors, but for work. Another cool site that I like and use for work is www.fas.org

Having to do a bunch of gov't stuff every now and then its an excellent resource on everything military and has some great pics too.

britboy
May 24, 2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Hey guys. I don't know who will catch them, but the person isn't a member now, then they won't be catching them. I can just see us in 15 years. I will be 47, and my little girl will be 18. Can you just imagine her coming over with her friends, and as she walks through the door, I slam my fist down in a fit of rage and yell,

"Damn you mcrain, it is double taxation."

The shear horror on her poor little face as her daddy passes 100,000 posts.
:p


Now you're just trying to confuse people, with references to other threads.

It's kind of a shame that both eye and duke are demi-gods. It would be nice to see the processor designations at that level of posts.

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


ahhh.. why did that make me laugh so hard....

Cause you're a geek! AHA! :p :D


See, this is what I'm talkin about man...

dig it! Krossfyter stYleZ! ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Ok, so I brought it down a little too far. Any reference here shouldn't be too hard to figure out, if you're just too lazy to go to google and get the info, well that's not my fault. I'm always using google to get some references, not always on MacRumors, but for work. Another cool site that I like and use for work is www.fas.org

Having to do a bunch of gov't stuff every now and then its an excellent resource on everything military and has some great pics too.

i'm saying you didn't really bring it down that far. but then you said "ha, now i'm just being silly"... THAT sounded like a little kid... or an old person not wanting to be kidlike... ha.

it's cool, i DID look up that daemon thing though! kinda...

so do you look up random stuff and then just toss it in for ****s and giggles to impress people? (i am kidding. realize that now, enjoy the joke or don't, but do not think i actually think you actually do that)

actually..........

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by teabgs


Cause you're a geek! AHA! :p :D


See, this is what I'm talkin about man...

dig it! Krossfyter stYleZ! ;)

hey more cross thread!!

yeah, i know i am. and i'm down. don't hate me cause i'm geeky...

at least you gave kross credit this time... ha


"i'm a nerd (geek), you're a queen, so how about a date?" haha. i wish that line had ever worked for me with girls...... oh well

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:15 AM
ah man, this is just a silly thread now...

All this geek talk is makin me hungry.

and I'm proud of my geekness too! :D

and in reference to kevin Smith...

SWIG A NOOCH!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
ah man, this is just a silly thread now...

All this geek talk is makin me hungry.

and I'm proud of my geekness too! :D

and in reference to kevin Smith...

SWIG A NOOCH!

i hungy too.... and i thought you had to shower? what the %@#$?

kevin smith doesn't impress me.

if i were smart.... i'd stop this right now. shower and eat. golf. and clean my room... and by then it'd be dinner time and then girlfriend picking up (at the train station-closest is like an hour from here...haha) time.... word



but i'm not smart. ask duke

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:26 AM
hahah! yeah...im not smart today either.


I had to goto the dentist @ 8 today so I've been up a while....I should still be sleeping. :( perfectly clean and healthy teeth though!

You like that Floss Gordon? ;)


Anyway, in a minute I'm gonna go shower and then eat. :)

SWIG A NOOCH!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
ah man, this is just a silly thread now...


digit! (http://www.dukestreet.com/digit.mov)

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


digit! (http://www.dukestreet.com/digit.mov)

yo! I can Dig It!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
hahah! yeah...im not smart today either.

I had to goto the dentist @ 8 today so I've been up a while....I should still be sleeping. :( perfectly clean and healthy teeth though!

You like that Floss Gordon? ;)

Anyway, in a minute I'm gonna go shower and then eat. :)

SWIG A NOOCH!

i for some reason just can't sleep when i'm at my house... not sure if it's the bed or what. i just can't sleep late.... it sucks.

but now i'm up, may as well stay up.....

hmm..... ineed to get going too or my dad won't want to golf with me.... booo!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


digit! (http://www.dukestreet.com/digit.mov)

now that's definitely being silly....

on another note... what browser are you using duke? i'm using chimera and it has problems with qt movies so i only heard that for the first time now when i went into ie to load it...

as we speak chimera is freaking out while i type this... i can't even see what i'm typing cause it keeps scrolling randomly.... ahhhhh

must restart it... or better. just be done for a while????

britboy
May 24, 2002, 11:44 AM
Does it scroll every time you hit the space bar in the text box? After i've had it loaded for a while i find that tends to happen.

I don't have any problems with qt files though. What version are you using?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by britboy
Does it scroll every time you hit the space bar in the text box? After i've had it loaded for a while i find that tends to happen.

I don't have any problems with qt files though. What version are you using?

not sure. it scrolls during just normal typing. it might be every space bar actually... now that i think about it... but i restarted it and it's fine..

i'm using the latest i believe. .2.7....

word

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


now that's definitely being silly....

on another note... what browser are you using duke? i'm using chimera and it has problems with qt movies so i only heard that for the first time now when i went into ie to load it...


I use ie, I just like to be able to see everything, not worry about compatibility issues. Never really had any desire to play around with the other browsers.

jefhatfield
May 25, 2002, 12:53 AM
when i started this thread duke was 500 back, now he is 400 back...he will definitely hit the top in june sometime at this pace:D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
when i started this thread duke was 500 back, now he is 400 back...he will definitely hit the top in june sometime at this pace:D

dat's what i'm talking bout!

and he was all "ohhhh but i'm 500 back. it's never gonna happen"... blah blah blah

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


dat's what i'm talking bout!

and he was all "ohhhh but i'm 500 back. it's never gonna happen"... blah blah blah

Yep, someone will catch Eye. It will probably be Duke, although there are a few other people who have been on a tear as of late. It is just nice to see a little friendly teasing going on between all of us over something as interesting as post count ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac


Yep, someone will catch Eye. It will probably be Duke, although there are a few other people who have been on a tear as of late. It is just nice to see a little friendly teasing going on between all of us over something as interesting as post count ;)

don't you mean UNINTERESTING?

booyah!

teasing is the most fun. since i've decided it's fun and seen that some people enjoy it....... i've posted more

back when everyone was like "yes sir no sir yes ma'am no ma'am i'm a geek let me fix your mac macs rule i love macs yeehaw"

i was like.... shaaaa! whatevs.


now though............ yeehaw

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:40 AM
Hey! This discussion is neither intelligent, nor rele...oh, wait...nevermind...:o

I remember the good old days (two months ago) when duke and I were neck-and-neck...*sigh*...

What kind of 'roids are you on, man?!?!?:D :p

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Hey! This discussion is neither intelligent, nor rele...oh, wait...nevermind...:o

I remember the good old days (two months ago) when duke and I were neck-and-neck...*sigh*...

What kind of 'roids are you on, man?!?!?:D :p

oh snap who's got roids???

neck and neck is for the weak.

this is a cute little 3 ring circus we have going here tonight....... awww... so %#$#$ing cute!

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2002, 08:36 AM
Its all irrelevant, I'm going away this morning so I won't be posting much today or tomorrow. A couple more of these weekends and jello and his 150 post a day habit will blow us all out of the water....

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Its all irrelevant, I'm going away this morning so I won't be posting much today or tomorrow. A couple more of these weekends and jello and his 150 post a day habit will blow us all out of the water....

blah. i'll find something better to do... ;)

hey check this duke and gang.... my girlfriend got a job offer! so now i can officially leech off her.. well, not exactly. but it's setting the groundwork! hehe.

have a good weekend...

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2002, 08:52 AM
She going to be working in the city? You two going to shack up or you going to stay at school...

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
She going to be working in the city? You two going to shack up or you going to stay at school...

the job's in the city.

she'd start in a few weeks (she's going to spain/portugal for grad present)... she needs to find an apt. but for now she can commute from nj (her home) if need be. it's a paralegal position...

no, i'm not one for living together ahead of time (nor is my family! hehe). i'll stay at school and then hopefully find a job in the nyc area after... so we can stay close/together.. .and then... wedding bells.. and then... fiji!

britboy
May 25, 2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule



hey check this duke and gang.... my girlfriend got a job offer! so now i can officially leech off her.. well, not exactly. but it's setting the groundwork! hehe.

Oh great, does this mean you'll be posting even more in the future? :rolleyes:

teabgs
May 25, 2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by britboy


Oh great, does this mean you'll be posting even more in the future? :rolleyes:

HAHAHA! well put! :D

Let's just hope he gets a job soon....

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by britboy


Oh great, does this mean you'll be posting even more in the future? :rolleyes:

ouch... i can take a hint.

britboy
May 25, 2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


ouch... i can take a hint.

I'm just kidding. Sorry, you seem to have been given a slightly hard time in the past 24 hours. Don't take it to heart please.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by britboy


I'm just kidding. Sorry, you seem to have been given a slightly hard time in the past 24 hours. Don't take it to heart please.

given our past discussions. i'd have figured you were kidding...

but yeah, as you said... it's cool though.

i'm an ass. i probably be posting much anymore regardless of the job situation though.. hmm

britboy
May 25, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


given our past discussions. i'd have figured you were kidding...


Well, that's just it. This forum is here to get to know each other, and build a recognition of each others' styles.

At least, that's my understanding of it. Others don't see it quite that way.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by britboy

Well, that's just it. This forum is here to get to know each other, and build a recognition of each others' styles.

At least, that's my understanding of it. Others don't see it quite that way.

yup... pm me if you have anything more to say... :rolleyes:

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 06:20 PM
Im still on my way to 1000....

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 06:20 PM
Any day now...

Mr. Anderson
May 26, 2002, 02:33 PM
Cheap shot there Aztec! I think this thread is dead and I hope a moderator closes it.....

MacAztec
May 26, 2002, 02:37 PM
Its dead....

You know duke, you are only 400 posts away from eye??!!?

eyelikeart
May 26, 2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
Its dead....

You know duke, you are only 400 posts away from eye??!!?

ha ha ha...

maybe we should hold a celebration?

mischief could supply the pies...:D

Mr. Anderson
May 26, 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
Its dead....

You know duke, you are only 400 posts away from eye??!!?

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing!

Wish I had the power to kill threads.........

eyelikeart
May 26, 2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Wish I had the power to kill threads.........

in the words of AlphaTech...

muahahahahaha!!!!!! :D :eek:

britboy
May 26, 2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


in the words of AlphaTech...

muahahahahaha!!!!!! :D :eek:

What with arn being away for the weekend, and blakespot not being around much anyway, you must be enjoying being the joint-most powerful being on macrumors!!! :D :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
May 26, 2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing!



Say it again!

War! Hunh! Good god!

MacAztec
May 27, 2002, 12:38 AM
All hail to the infamous eye!

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
All hail to the infamous eye!

so now I've become infamous??

jefhatfield
May 27, 2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


so now I've become infamous??

first anonymous poster, then anonymous coward (i suspect tha same person), then spikey, then gocyrus, now you...you are much too nice for that title...he he

even our proclaimed flamer alphatech is a *****cat compared to the old flamers;)

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 09:44 AM
This Thread Must Die!

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:05 AM
and dukestreet called upon the Gods...

and the Gods responded...

and it was good... :D