Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I have a quick question for the owners of this iPhone/iPod accessory that I'm hoping you can answer -- do you HAVE to use the mount that comes with this in order for it to work? Is the car charger/dock connector/3.5 mm cable a separate piece that can just work with any car mount?

I already have a ProClip mount and would like to have the car charger/audio out all in one piece and coming from the bottom of the iPhone (and then I can just give the mount to my brother).

Is this possible?

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
There's a version of the LiquidAux without the cradle. It's jsut the power adapter, cables and remote.

So just get that.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just got the Kensington Car Charger, which is the LiquidAUX without the actual remote and such. The gooseneck isn't strong enough and it moves quite a bit more than anyone would want it to. I may be returning it to Amazon. I cannot imagine the gooseneck will be any stronger on the liquidAUX product to be honest.

That said, you can get the aux pieces without the cradle as iVoid said.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Ah, I see. Thanks guys.

Is it line-out? I know some other car charger/audio out combo units are also line-out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.