PDA

View Full Version : g4 imac and tibook

jefhatfield
May 23, 2002, 03:49 PM
the may 2002 issue of macworld likes the tibook and g4 imac best

do you agree?

i personally like all the computers since i am an advanced beginner level for using macs and the biggest thing i would ever do is download online video clips and make christmas cards with photoshop...no video editing or anything for me

even thogh the article thought the 14.1" inch ibook to be mediocre at best with 3 1/2 mouses, i like it better for my uses as a home user, and now at 700 mhz, i can compute on the run with 14" inches of screen real estate! sure, 15.2" inches would be better but five hundred dollars more

unless something changes before early next year, that is the one i am shooting for and by then, i bet the price will be down to $1499 usd

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 03:52 PM
I love my TiPB, wouldn't want anything else, I need all the power I can get, so I would have to agree there. The LCD iMac is definitely an awesome design with good specs, too. What were they using in comparison? Was it an all mac review?

Backtothemac
May 23, 2002, 04:03 PM
I personally think the iBook and the Cube are the two best systems that Apple has ever made. The iBook has it all, and next year when it gets a G4, then the party will be on. I also am ashamed to say this, but the Flower Power iMac is my other favorite.

I hope that my opinions change after MWNY :D

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 06:19 PM
my TiBook is the best!! :D

I've loved it ever since before I even got it...

as for the new iMac...I'd get one in a second if money didn't matter to me...I've had the privilege of using my boss'...and it's killer!!! especially since it has the super drive...he he he :D

cleo
May 23, 2002, 06:53 PM
I think that the new iMac is about the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. It totally has the 'cool' factor going on, and is powerful enough to do what most people need. However, it has the added twist of being not-quite-consumer-level-yet-not-quite-pro, which means that people get an idea of what a pro machine could do (like run Photoshop snappily) but can't do it cool enough (like dual monitors). Thus, there are people like me, first-time Mac owners who are more than satisfied with the performance of the iMac but who are also already dreaming of upgrading one day... :D

King Cobra
May 23, 2002, 07:05 PM
iMac: (In my opinion)
The best cheapest G4 around
Big time power consumption saver
Compact all-in-one desktop
East to carry (by the neck)

TiBook: (In my opinion)
Most slick-looking portable
Fastest portable (in terms of flops)
One simple unit
Large LCD monitor

Quite frankly, I like both models almost equally. But since I am going to need a faster portable I would trend towards the Powerbook.

Fear the King.

britboy
May 23, 2002, 07:07 PM
The Tibook has to be a hands-down winner. There isn't a single computer or laptop out there that i've seen that comes close in terms of looks, and packing a punch into such a small space. If i get the chance, i'm grabbing a cube. They look pretty nice too.

Now if only i could exchange my current tibook for the new 800.... :D

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I personally think the iBook and the Cube are the two best systems that Apple has ever made. The iBook has it all, and next year when it gets a G4, then the party will be on. I also am ashamed to say this, but the Flower Power iMac is my other favorite.

I hope that my opinions change after MWNY :D

when the ibook gets the g4, the tibook will not look like such a marvel, dollar for dollar

but when tibook came out with its screen, thinness, and g4, the ibook looked totally inadequate (for double the price of the ibook, tibook was four times the computer!..so the tibook was also a bargain for what one got at the time)

...i do however like the new 700 mhz 14.1 inch ibook but add a g4 and the competition, in terms of value for dollar, is all over...he he he

that is until the tibook gets a g5 and 2 gigs or ram

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

when the ibook gets the g4, the tibook will not look like such a marvel, dollar for dollar

but when tibook came out with its screen, thinness, and g4, the ibook looked totally inadequate (for double the price of the ibook, tibook was four times the computer!..so the tibook was also a bargain for what one got at the time)

...i do however like the new 700 mhz 14.1 inch ibook but add a g4 and the competition, in terms of value for dollar, is all over...he he he

that is until the tibook gets a g5 and 2 gigs or ram

I agree. The TiBook is a marvel. When it moves to a G5, then it will be the bomb. Now the iBook, the thing about it, is the size, the style. Same for the TiBook though. Oh, hell, all of them. I think that all of them are equally impressive in different ways.

iGav
May 24, 2002, 02:29 PM
TiBook for me all the way...... before I had a desktop G3, and was happy enough with it, but then I had a Pismo as a company machine where I used to work and fell in love with the portability aspect, and to me the TiBook just took it to another level...... it's great being able to work wherever you want to........ although I'm at a desk at the moment, if it wasn't raining I'd be in the garden or if I could be bothered I could be working on the rounded pebbles of Brighton beach........ I frequently go to my favourite bar and work from there in the day as it's quite quiet or I can work when I travel...... it's just such a cool and powerful machine, and the stuff it can do when on the move is truely astounding!!

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 02:38 PM
and what happens when one of those famous fights breaks out on brighton beach?:D

iGav
May 24, 2002, 02:48 PM
I hide behind my 15.2"........... :p

Brighton Beach is so cool in the summer, although it gets ultra busy... with everyone going down from London, but there are some amazing bars, RIGHT on the beach........ gets even better when it's stormy!!