PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. - Fun ways to play

P-Worm
Jan 9, 2004, 06:15 PM
First off, let me tell you a story...

My very first video game system was a Sega Master System. I'm sure only a handful of you have heard of it. It was like an NES, but it didn't have Mario Brothers. I played the heck out of that thing. Then came the console wars. I sided with Genisis and it's fast and fun Sonic games. Don't get me wrong, I loved Super Mario World, I just liked Sonic more. The next generation came and I got a Playstation and became and avid N64 basher. Then I got a Playstation 2 and I was happy with my GTA and such. I hated the Gamecube and the XBOX. I was a Sony man. Then one day, a friend brought over a Gamecube with Super Smash Bros. Melee.

And all Hell broke loose.

A few months later, I have a Gamecube and Super Smash Brothers Melee. I couldn't be happier. The multiplayer is fast and furious and can be customized to almost anything.

So here's the point of the thread:

What is your favorite way to play Super Smash Brothers: Melee with you friends? My favorite is to have a Jigglypuff zing match where every one is the puff and the only allowed way to kill is with her Down+B Rest move. Funny then ensues.

Man, I love this game.

http://home.comcast.net/~pworm420/OWN3D.jpg

P-Worm

5300cs
Jan 9, 2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by P-Worm
My very first video game system was a Sega Master System. I'm sure only a handful of you have heard of it.... Did you have the 3D glasses so you could play Zaxxon 3D ? :cool:

P-Worm
Jan 9, 2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry, no go on that one.

P-Worm

wdlove
Jan 9, 2004, 08:13 PM
Man, I love this game.

http://home.comcast.net/~pworm420/OWN3D.jpg

P-Worm

I'm glad to hear that you have a game that is making you happy. ;) Those are really nice graphics with a great use of color.

MrMacMan
Jan 12, 2004, 11:38 PM
I like to Play with all of my friend in a Giant Melee with ONLY Bowser!
Why? Because he is huge!

:D

Also we like to have a lightning match with Cp. Falcon.

Really funny stuff...

Waluigi
Jan 13, 2004, 12:15 AM
I'm always Captain Falcon, and my friend is always adult link, and we always do a one on one match in hyrule temple with 5-stock of lives. The battles are intense, usually lasting over 45 minutes. This game is possibly my favorite game on the cube. I can only imagine what Nintendo has in store for the next version (online? new charachters? new moves? new graphics of gamecube 2?)

--Waluigi

P-Worm
Jan 13, 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I like to Play with all of my friend in a Giant Melee with ONLY Bowser!
Why? Because he is huge!

:D

Also we like to have a lightning match with Cp. Falcon.

Really funny stuff...

Have you tried it with only super mushrooms appearing and items on a high level? Then you pick a small level like Final Destination so one person can't fit on. It's like a deadly game of musical chairs...

P-Worm

g30ffr3y
Jan 14, 2004, 12:03 PM
gamecube is fantastic... i love mario melee also... but spend most of my time playing mario golf or the new mario party has a two on two hockey mini game that RULES!!!

in melee though i like to play as captain falcon or samus... playing in the pokemon stadium, any of the metroid boards and the fzero board are the best...

four yoshis [aka. the cheating dinosaur] all eating and pooping each other out is by far the wackiest way my friends and i play...

iAmAzN
Jan 14, 2004, 05:40 PM
oo on Nintendo 64, supersmash bros, me and 2 or 3 of my friends would usually play and sometimes we'd just do Pokeballs... it would be so funny sometimes because i would get all the pokeballs and put it all over the map! Of course other times I WAS surrounded by o say 4 blastoise! real fun! havent tried melee yet... is it good?

hvfsl
Jan 14, 2004, 06:33 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee was the main reason I got the GC in the first place. I have so much fun when I have friends around.

But I am now too good at it, so I have to do me vs 3 others or it is not a challenge. Most of the time I play as Picachu, but if the competition is getting hard, I switch to Falco or Fox.

I have stopped playing it a bit recently though and started playing Mario Kart instead because of its console link up feature.

neut
Jan 14, 2004, 06:53 PM
My very first video game system was a Sega Master System. I'm sure only a handful of you have heard of it.

P-Worm

Kid Icarus ruled!!! Wish I still had one around (it was my friends, but i did have a genisis with the Sega CD!).

peace.

MrMacMan
Jan 14, 2004, 11:50 PM
Have you tried it with only super mushrooms appearing and items on a high level? Then you pick a small level like Final Destination so one person can't fit on. It's like a deadly game of musical chairs...

P-Worm

I will try it.

:p

P-Worm
Jan 15, 2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by hvfsl
I have stopped playing it a bit recently though and started playing Mario Kart instead because of its console link up feature.

I got Mario Kart also, (it came with the cube) but I have never tried the link up thing? I guess you bought that broadband adapter?

P-Worm