Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spectre01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
First time buy an iphone. I love GTA series, in fact I converted GTA: Vice City's in-game radio station into one single mp3 file (those 80's music is classic). After I transfer them to my iphone 3G, when I play the mp3 (60 mins long), sometime sound skips for a couple seconds. The weird part is that because it is a "radio station", the sound skipping only happens when the "radio host" is talking, but when there's song playing, no sound skips.

Is this a firmware problem? Or is it something wrong with the mp3 file? How can I fix it?

ashley1407

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
I heard that the iPhone can skip when playing long single files. Try splitting it into smaller files and see if you get the same problem.

spectre01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
That sucks. Even my cheap $20 mp3 can play long single files. I'm gonna report this to Mac. Some of my downloaded podcast (usually 1hour long) start to skip as well. Mac really needs to improve their firmware:mad:

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
That sucks. Even my cheap $20 mp3 can play long single files. I'm gonna report this to Mac. Some of my downloaded podcast (usually 1hour long) start to skip as well. Mac really needs to improve their firmware:mad:

The company is called Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.