Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyThunder

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hello,

I'm currently learning Obj-C and Cocoa from various books. Most of these books are pre-xcode 3.1 and refer to documentation on the local machine /Documentation folder.

Because i'm using XCode 3.1 - this documentation isn't there anymore. I realise that the docs are built in to xcode now - but can't find any of the reference it points to.

For instance, where is the Foundation Objective-C reference? My book claims there is a complete reference which can be browsed through to see other objects available. In fact, are there any complete quick references to all the objects available??

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
For me if I open the documentation window under Bookmarks on the left there is a bookmark for "Foundation Reference". For you reference it's installed at file:///Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.CoreReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/ObjC_classic/index.html on my machine...

JonnyThunder

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
omg... can't believe I didn't see that. I assumed all the documents would be under Doc Set...

Thanks for the post. Thats exactly what im after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.