PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary ibookin' and übergeek!

Doctor Q
Jan 10, 2004, 12:20 AM
January 10, 2004 is the one-year anniversary of our favorite MacRumors couple.

:) :) Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek! :) :)

ibookin'
Jan 10, 2004, 12:26 AM
You shouldn't have. Your really shouldn't have.

Just kidding. Thanks for posting this thread. Glad to see someone remembered (besides Jane and myself, of course).

janey
Jan 10, 2004, 12:42 AM
didnt even know you knew about it :D

scem0
Jan 10, 2004, 01:02 AM
congrats!

Y'all gunna do anything to celebrate?

scem0

eyelikeart
Jan 10, 2004, 02:17 AM
wow...happy anniversay then... ;)

manitoubalck
Jan 10, 2004, 03:10 AM
notch one up on thechalk board:D

Well doen hope, all is well.

applemacdude
Jan 10, 2004, 10:58 AM
Congratulations...Most couples seem as if the cant even pass the 2 months barrier, im glad to hear that yours is doing so good...:)

I think their celebration is gonna be special...;)

themadchemist
Jan 10, 2004, 12:09 PM
yes, indeed, happy anniversary!

wdlove
Jan 10, 2004, 12:13 PM
Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek, may you have many more. I wish you all the best. My prayer is that you parents have become more accepting of your relationship. I'm sure that they only want what is best. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like me. As a professor of ministry said, "it's best to hold off on the intimate physical realtionship, the anticipation of waiting till marriage is what will bring true love for a long happy marriage." The pastor that I work for just told me this on Wednesday.

You really have a great memory Doctor Q.

themadchemist
Jan 10, 2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek, may you have many more. I wish you all the best. My prayer is that you parents have become more accepting of your relationship. I'm sure that they only want what is best. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like me. As a professor of ministry said, "it's best to hold off on the intimate physical realtionship, the anticipation of waiting till marriage is what will bring true love for a long happy marriage." The pastor that I work for just told me this on Wednesday.

You really have a great memory Doctor Q.

you also have a very good memory of the status of their relationship, wdlove.

wdlove
Jan 10, 2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by themadchemist
you also have a very good memory of the status of their relationship, wdlove.

I trully pray that they will come back to read my post. It would even be better if they would except the advice of a knowledgeable professor. The Pastor said she plans to use it in her counseling, thought is was great advice.

themadchemist
Jan 10, 2004, 07:55 PM
I trully pray that they will come back to read my post. It would even be better if they would except the advice of a knowledgeable professor. The Pastor said she plans to use it in her counseling, thought is was great advice.

It is very good advice, I agree, especially for those as young as übergeek and ibookin'.

iJon
Jan 10, 2004, 11:31 PM
so have you guys kissed or are you two still working on that, oh wait that was the 6 month marker :D. so what happens at a year?

ibookin'
Jan 11, 2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by iJon
so have you guys kissed or are you two still working on that, oh wait that was the 6 month marker :D. so what happens at a year?

Yes we have. :D

Anyway, thank you all for the kind sentiments. I especially appreciate the advice of wdlove. While I can't say what will happen in the not-so-far-but-kind-of future, both übergeek and I agree that, because of our age, it is definitely best to hold off on the "intimate physical realtionship".

applemacdude: Absolutely. We went out to dinner. Had soufflé too. :D

latergator116
Jan 11, 2004, 01:29 AM
Congratulations! Your relationship is now longer than all of J.Lo's marrigaes combined. Although, thats not saying much.:rolleyes:

neoelectronaut
Jan 11, 2004, 01:36 AM
Being a relative newbie here at the boards, can someone give me the whole backstory here?

:confused:

sethypoo
Jan 11, 2004, 01:38 AM
One yaer: now you know that you've outlasted 90% of all celebrity relationships! Congratulations!

Happy one year.

scem0
Jan 11, 2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by neoelectronaut
Being a relative newbie here at the boards, can someone give me the whole backstory here?

übergeek (im on a mac finally, I can make ü's again! :D) and iBookin hooked up a year ago.

Umm yeah, that's quite a back story, isnt it? :)

scem0

janey
Jan 13, 2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by neoelectronaut

hmm...alright here's the story. ibookin' (josh) and I (jane) got together after like 6 years of knowing each other, the day we came back from Macworld SF 2003 (which was 10 January 2003). So ever since then...ya know...we've been in a relationship with each other. A little over a year now, which is really cool because a lot of relationships don't last that long. I guess we'll be able to say that we truly love each other or something when we're still together after at least three to four years. If I remember correctly, that's when relationships and marriages start faltering and love for each other lessens, and that stuff. Apparently quite a few marriages end up in divorce (and people break up) at around that time if the two peeps are still together at that point.
My parents just recently (like...on the 10th lol) figured out that we were in a relationship and they don't mind, because all they care about are my grades (decent, 5 As and one B, although they did yell at me for that B). They're actually pretty relieved, because they expected me to be in a relationship with a total jerk that they don't know. They know Josh and trust him, so I don't think they mind.
One thing they don't quite approve of is a relationship at our age, but hell what do you expect from two teens lol. (i'm almost 15 and josh just turned 16)

I am really really glad I'm not in school right now, because people tease me about it really often. Like they call me "Jane Cain" and stuff like that.

For those of you who don't know what we look like (or are too lazy to look it up in the MR photo directory)-a recent pic of us: http://homepage.mac.com/jane_lee/images/citywalk.jpg (josh looks horrid, but oh well lol)
Here's a better one, but its not so recent.
http://homepage.mac.com/jane_lee/images/Picture%201.jpg

As to the "did we kiss" question, yeah we did that a LONG LONG time ago :). I guess you could say we're at third base right now (and for those of you who don't know, trust me you don't wanna know). Our relationship's still going strong. Yeah. I think i'm gonna stop ranting. I'm typing this on a PC in one of the computer labs. Stupid piece of ****e is running win2k, but badly. iirc, these computers are at least 5 years old. Gross. I miss having my iBook with me, but there's no wifi here and it's broken.

the souffle was excellent. so was the grilled salmon. so was josh. mmm

Thanks guys :D i'm still in shock at the fact that people actually *remember* stuff like this.
Thanks to wdlove as well, for his excellent posts. And everyone else too.

wdlove
Jan 13, 2004, 01:49 PM
Excellent post übergeek. Happy to hear about your parents. Still remember your thread last summer. I thought that you time, they would approve. All good things work out in time. I just hope that you will take my posts to heart, they are practical advice. All I really want is for you to be happy, a nice long enjoyable life together.

janey
Jan 13, 2004, 01:52 PM
Excellent post übergeek. Happy to hear about your parents. Still remember your thread last summer. I thought that you time, they would approve. All good things work out in time. I just hope that you will take my posts to heart, they are practical advice. All I really want is for you to be happy, a nice long enjoyable life together.

i'm hoping it'll last long too.

even if my parents disapproved they can't say anything anyway...cuz they came to the US to get married because my mom's parents didnt approve of my dad :p they know if i truly want to get married or something i'll do the same they did...

Doctor Q
Jan 13, 2004, 06:50 PM
I can't count the number of plays, movies, and books I can think of where a major part of the story is that the parents didn't approve of the boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancé/spouse. Romeo & Juliet, West Side Story, Flower Drum Song, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?, Meet the Parents, and on and on.

In the movies, the kids almost always know best and the parents are always wrong. In real life, parents and kids are both taking their best guess, and nobody knows except in hindsight when its really a perfect match.

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of what makes a good couple is having shared experiences, and that the longer you are together, the more shared experiences that produces. Therefore, there is an acceleration effect.

latergator116
Jan 13, 2004, 07:19 PM
because all they care about are my grades (decent, 5 As and one B, although they did yell at me for that B).

Wow! Nice grades. I think I have lowered my standards a bit. I got two B's two C's and a D, but I got an A in gym! Actually....no, that was an A-.

Doctor Q
Jan 13, 2004, 08:03 PM
I've had As, Bs, and Cs over the years. My favorite report card was one semester in elementary school, when I got 15 As and a C. The C was in handwriting, and I haven't improved in this area since then.

latergator116
Jan 13, 2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, there are some people that have bad hand writing....myself inlcuded. The only D I got though was in Latin, so I have an excuse for getting a bad grade.

janey
Jan 15, 2004, 02:17 PM
hmm handwriting...
here's a sample of mine, twas meant for MacCoaster (in the macrumors irc channel) but...eh...
the "WINDOWS SUCKS" part was a joke. Windows aint that bad ;)
http://homepage.mac.com/jane_lee/images/ForMaccoaster.jpg
i tried alternating writing letters with different hands, but it looked messy. so i wrote most of it with my right, wrote the "haha" with my left. grr. :D

Doctor Q
Jan 15, 2004, 04:54 PM
According to this handwriting analysis page (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~d7238349/home.html) that I picked at random, your scrawled note shows the following about your personality. I didn't include the "ha ha" since that would skew the results from your right hand!

Emotional Indicators: Being an emotional person, you often express your feeling openly though, at times, you may express them impulsively. You tend to occupy only extreme positions in likes and dislikes and in their opinions. You have the ability to put yourselves in others shoes and can be sympathetic. Unfortunately, being slightly impulsive may result in the tendency to act with less intellectual consideration. To add on, you are a person who can be passionate at times but may also lets emotion go relatively easily. You may hold on to memories (painful or pleasurable) but can also forgives and forgets after some time.

Mental Ability: Being an emotional person, you often express your feeling openly though, at times, you may express them impulsively. You tend to occupy only extreme positions in likes and dislikes and in their opinions. You have the ability to put yourselves in others shoes and can be sympathetic. Unfortunately, being slightly impulsive may result in the tendency to act with less intellectual consideration. You rely very much on your intuition when reasoning.

Your Goals: You tend to be practical when setting your goals. You do not take unnecessary risks but may be willing to work towards goals which are not strictly immediate. You have a strong power of endurance and enthusiasm that would help you to achieve your goal. However, there are times when you demonstrates a certain vagueness about your aims and purposes.

Your Self-Image: You view yourselves as average. You may feel good about self but may see limitations. You are afraid of changes with a tendency towards subservience and obedience. You may give up goals which may be within your ability due to low self-perception of your own abilities. You may be sensitive and cares about what others' think. You needs approval from others and may be hurts deeply when criticized.

Social Skills: Being an emotional person, you often express your feeling openly though, at times, you may express them impulsively. You tend to occupy only extreme positions in likes and dislikes and in their opinions. You have the ability to put yourselves in others shoes and can be sympathetic. Unfortunately, being slightly impulsive may result in the tendency to act with less intellectual consideration. There are also times when you feel isolated and cut off from others. You tend to be gregarious and are happiest with a wide circle of friends. You like variety and would make friends without discrimination or distinction.

Modes of Communication: You are not strongly driven to share your innermost thoughts with others. You have a communicative and receptive attitude to new ideas or concepts. You have an undistorted communication of truth.

Attitude: You are optimistic and enthusiastic about your future. You tend to be impatient at times and ignore certain details. You are not afraid of making choices and simply by-passes them in your desire to press onwards. You are more concern with immediate concerns, logical ability and self-esteem.

My opinion is that they don't quite have you pegged, übergeek, but it's hard to argue with such a highly scientific result! :) I see it says "You would make friends without discrimination or distinction." Does that apply to the MacRumors gang?

MrMacMan
Jan 15, 2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I've had As, Bs, and Cs over the years. My favorite report card was one semester in elementary school, when I got 15 As and a C. The C was in handwriting, and I haven't improved in this area since then.

I bet the computer helps that handwriting, like me ?

;)

Doctor Q -- Nice analysis there. ;)

übergeek --
Congrads.
Congrads.

ibookin' --
I have no advice... ah well.

Good luck you too.

King Cobra
Jan 15, 2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
ibookin' --
I have no advice... ah well.

Oh, dear Greg. MrMacman, you have just earned my first ever: "Dumbest insult of the day" award. :D

janey
Jan 16, 2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Oh, dear Greg. MrMacman, you have just earned my first ever: "Dumbest insult of the day" award. :D
rofl rofl rofl.
:D :D
wow, some of the stuff in that analysis is sorta correct...egads :P :P

Doctor Q
Jan 16, 2004, 11:00 AM
I think a handwriting analysis, astrological forecast, psychic prediction, or fortune cookie fortune will often strike you as surprisingly accurate for two reasons:

1. Much of the prediction is generic, and would apply to anyone. "You don't always make the best decisions." "You keep certain things secret." etc.

2. They sometimes hit, and they sometimes miss, but you take more notice when they hit.

On the other hand, handwriting probably does show something about your personality, meaning that certain types of people might tend to have certain handwriting characteristics. But, like an inkblot (Rorschach) test, it can be totally wrong when applied to a single individual.

By the way, the text above only looks like your web browser rendered it. It's actually a JPG and I wrote all that text by hand! ;)

Doctor Q
Jan 11, 2005, 01:06 AM
The Macworld Expo keynote is tomorrow, but I would be remiss in my reporting duties if I did not point out another event happening first: Today (January 10, 2005) is the two-year "anniversary" of MacRumors members ibookin' and übergeek.

:) :) Happy Second Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek! :) :)

jackieonasses
Jan 11, 2005, 02:53 AM
The Macworld Expo keynote is tomorrow, but I would be remiss in my reporting duties if I did not point out another event happening first: Today (January 10, 2005) is the two-year "anniversary" of MacRumors members ibookin' and übergeek.

:) :) Happy Second Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek! :) :) you are one funny man. I can not believe you remembered.

I hope they are together still!

kyle

virividox
Jan 11, 2005, 03:30 AM
congratulations :) on the two year mark !!!

pivo6
Jan 11, 2005, 06:14 AM
Congratulations Josh and Jane.

Dr. Q How do you remember this stuff?

wdlove
Jan 11, 2005, 07:51 PM

Good memory Doctor Q ;)

Happy 2nd anniversary ibookin, Josh and übergeek, Jane, may you have many many more. You are our future.

:cool:

applemacdude
Jan 11, 2005, 11:03 PM
Happt Aniv hope you have many more...

(psss josh wutha gonna get her)

hehe

maya
Jan 11, 2005, 11:21 PM
Happy Anniversary you two. :)

sethypoo
Jan 12, 2005, 02:08 AM

Yes, happy aniversary!

Of note, January 12th, 2005 is my two year anniversary with Tara, my lovely girlfriend and fellow Mac Head. Sadly, she's shy of the forums, and has made maybe two posts, I think. Anyway, just thought I'd brag. It's funny that our anniversary is so close to ibookin's and ubergeek's.

MrMacMan
Jan 12, 2005, 02:12 AM
kill it

Giaguara
Jan 12, 2005, 12:46 PM
Happy anniversary :)

And many many years happy together for you

janey
Jan 13, 2005, 12:04 AM
wow :D thanks, all :D

i cant believe people _still_ remember ;)

We're still going strong, methinks. No chance to go to MWSF this year, and I'm really disappointed because I wanted to have dinner with Josh at Chez Panisse, in Berkeley...would've been perfect.

Oh well, I think we can make do with dinner at a nice restaurant here in Los Angeles :)