PDA

View Full Version : macs with built in cup holders

phreakout13
Jan 10, 2004, 02:53 AM
hi
When CD roms stopped using disk caddys, someone my father knew thought the disk tray was a cup holder. Seriously. Wow. Bye.

kettle
Jan 10, 2004, 03:23 AM
I once heard that someone got a tortoise and a turtle mixed up.
wow
bye
:D

scem0
Jan 10, 2004, 03:30 AM
There was a prank call circulating around on the net with a dude trying to get his computer repaired, saying that he had thought the CD drive was a coffee holder, etc.

Kind of funny.

scem0

themadchemist
Jan 10, 2004, 07:45 PM
There was an episode of Frasier involving this, as well.

rhpenguin
Jan 10, 2004, 07:47 PM
I do phone support for Compaq and you would not believe how many people really do believe it is a cupholder. There is a lot of morons out there using computers.

themadchemist
Jan 10, 2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by rhpenguin
I do phone support for Compaq and you would not believe how many people really do believe it is a cupholder. There is a lot of morons out there using computers.

that's depressing

Macpoops
Jan 10, 2004, 07:56 PM
Lets not forget the man who called tech support saying that after inserting all 8 install disks the computer was still saying insert next disk. The guy forced 8 floppies in the floppy drive of his computer. 8! at what point in time do you say maybe i shouldn't be forcing these in here it's getting rather difficult

pockyrevolution
Jan 10, 2004, 08:21 PM
Holy $4i+ !!

Ah well, I guess its typical for people like him...I mean after all he is a PC user.

It's amazing how stupid people are sometime. Aren't you glad you on a Mac?

Nermal
Jan 10, 2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by themadchemist
that's depressing

What is, people thinking it's a cup holder, or working for Compaq?

mnkeybsness
Jan 10, 2004, 08:57 PM
there was a little app for windows at one point which was more or less an ad for coca cola which popped open the cd tray and told the user to place their can there.

scem0
Jan 10, 2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nermal
What is, people thinking it's a cup holder, or working for Compaq?

probably both :p;).

Well, I bet quite of the few that call the customer service are just trying to do a way overdone prank.

Silly PC users :rolleyes: ;).

scem0

Powerbook G5
Jan 10, 2004, 09:05 PM
Now if only the slot drive on my PowerBook could mistakingly become an ATM, I'll be set.

Nermal
Jan 10, 2004, 10:00 PM
Hmm... that gives me an idea... <evil grin> ;)

"Welcome to Mac OS X. Please insert your card."

"Thank you. Please enter your PIN."

Counterfit
Jan 11, 2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Now if only the slot drive on my PowerBook could mistakingly become an ATM, I'll be set. You and me both :D

rhpenguin
Jan 11, 2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by scem0
probably both :p;).

Well, I bet quite of the few that call the customer service are just trying to do a way overdone prank.

Silly PC users :rolleyes: ;).

scem0

First time i heard a call where someeone thought it was a cupholder i nearly ***** myself. I seriously thought no one could be that stupid and that it was a prank, but she didnt even know what the tower was... Throughout the call she refered to it as her footrest.

If i can smuggle the call out of work ill post it. But for real, people who buy Compaqs are retarded.

Powerbook G5
Jan 11, 2004, 12:00 PM
My girlfriend called her old computer a foot rest and her old laptop a butt warmer, but that was mostly after she bought her 15" FP iMac and fell in love with the Macintosh difference.

mactastic
Jan 11, 2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Macpoops
Lets not forget the man who called tech support saying that after inserting all 8 install disks the computer was still saying insert next disk. The guy forced 8 floppies in the floppy drive of his computer. 8! at what point in time do you say maybe i shouldn't be forcing these in here it's getting rather difficult

Hmm, maybe that's the reason Apple abandoned the floppy drive years ago, to get ahead of the curve on this type of thing. Or maybe it's 'cuz floppies are virtually useless these days....
:D

Macmaniac
Jan 11, 2004, 06:35 PM
This beautiful G5 is the finest cup holder in the world, starting at only $1699!