Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quest3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I have a black Macbook with mini-DVI to HDMI connection. It works perfeclty with the Mac when I connect it to my LCD TV. I also have Windows Vista installed on my Macbook, when I connect my mini-DVI-HDMI connedtion it doesn't detect the LCD TV on Windows Vista. It appears to me that Windows Vista doesn't recognize the mini-DVI port. Apple should release a fix for this problem.

Does someone else has this problem or know how to fix this?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Try updating the Windows Vista graphics driver for your MacBook. Go to the Intel web site and download the latest Vista drivers for the Intel GMA X3100 graphic chip.

It's not the mini DVI port which is the problem, it's more likely the lack of driver support for your HD LCD TV.

Regards.

Quest3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Try updating the Windows Vista graphics driver for your MacBook. Go to the Intel web site and download the latest Vista drivers for the Intel GMA X3100 graphic chip.

It's not the mini DVI port which is the problem, it's more likely the lack of driver support for your HD LCD TV.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I went to Intel website, but I could not find the GMA X3100 drivers. Can someone please help me find them?

TABplease

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2011
I realize this is an extremely old post, but I have the SAME exact problem. I was wondering if anyone found a fix.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.