PDA

View Full Version : Michael Dell dumbfounded at Apple and HP partnership.

MacBytes
Jan 10, 2004, 09:16 AM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Michael Dell dumbfounded at Apple and HP partnership. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040110101629)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

mac15
Jan 10, 2004, 09:30 AM
If I only I were a fly on the wall once Michael found out about this :)

g30ffr3y
Jan 10, 2004, 09:46 AM
i can't wait for the day when the window breaks and people like michael dell go down with the sinking ship...

apple is the bright light at the end of the tunnel and teaming up with HP is going to help people realize this...

Squire
Jan 10, 2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by mac15
If I only I were a fly on the wall once Michael found out about this :)

Yeah. I wonder if he has a temper? It's such bad news for them and, in my opinion, such a great move for both Apple and HP. I think there are a lot of hard-core PC users who just don't want anything with an Apple on it for fear of it not being compatible.

Squire

phillymjs
Jan 10, 2004, 11:07 AM
From the article:
Asked about HP and Apple's iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell said he had nothing to say.

What, no smarmy remark about closing down Apple and giving the money back to the shareholders? Who are you and what have you done with the REAL Michael Dell?!?

ShadowHunter
Jan 10, 2004, 11:58 AM
BOO-YA, go Apple!

machinehien
Jan 10, 2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah. I wonder if he has a temper?

He's not as mercurial as Jobs or Gates. He does a good poker face.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 10, 2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by phillymjs
From the article:
Asked about HP and Apple's iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell said he had nothing to say.

Not exactly dumbfouded like the title of this thread. Its a great move by Apple - imposing a possible *standard* and at least keeping the bar at a high level for everyone else to catch up to.

ITMS, iPod and iTunes are an elegant solution - if this deal continues it will help keep Apple ahead of the game. They should also try and get other companies to do the same. What about IBM next?

D

Billicus
Jan 10, 2004, 05:23 PM
Ha! Ha! That's great. Hopefully Apple will sign similar agreements with other PC companies, further increasing revenue and market share for Apple/iTunes/AAC.

Things look good for the future of Apple...:D

Photorun
Jan 11, 2004, 08:06 PM
Well did that close-set-of-eyes Gates suck up think HP would want to rebrand that ugly hunk of junk JukeBox whatever? Pleeeeease, HP at least has a little taste.

zamyatin
Jan 12, 2004, 10:44 PM
Michael Dell's just dumb, but that wouldn't have been a headline...