Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I've bought a 1 year .com domain and a tiny package on asmallorange.com and I don't know how to get my website (html/css/images/javascript files) uploaded so that it appears on the domain I bought.

Lorenz (lofight)

Jan 30, 2006
Some programs like Dreamweaver have a built-in up-loader.

You can also download CyberDuck, it is free and is a great program for this. Just make sure you upload to the correct folder. Your hosting service provider should tell you were. In my case there is a public folder there were I put all my files.

EDIT: CyberDuck is as easy as drag-and-drop. You'll just need to introduce your ftp.domain.com, username and password.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Some programs like Dreamweaver have a built-in up-loader.

You can also download CyberDuck, it is free and is a great program for this. Just make sure you upload to the correct folder. Your hosting service provider should tell you were. In my case there is a public folder there were I put all my files.

EDIT: CyberDuck is as easy as drag-and-drop. You'll just need to introduce your ftp.domain.com, username and password.

I'll try that with Cyberduck.. Thanks very much.

EDIT: I've tried, but is there anything I need to do before I upload it with cyberduck. Is the port 20? It doens't connect right now..

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I'll try that with Cyberduck.. Thanks very much.

EDIT: I've tried, but is there anything I need to do before I upload it with cyberduck. Is the port 20? It doens't connect right now..

FTP uses port 21 if I remember correctly.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
If your sure you have the settings, username, password etc correct, then you should contact the host and ask what is wrong. They will be able to tell you if there is a problem their end and confirm the details you need to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.