PDA

View Full Version : Macs and eXpression or How do you Think Different?

teabgs
May 23, 2002, 09:00 PM
In Jefhatfield stYle....

what are ways that you As mac users or with your macs express yourself? How do you "Think Different"

I for one, express myself with my hair which is long and any number of various colors at any given time...at the moment blue, some green, a hint of pink, and purple.

I use macs to create animation, make (edit) movies, and edit photos (sometimes).

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:10 PM
I regularly challenge myself to think outside the box. As a multimedia artist it comes in handy sometimes. And I'm always trying to get others to look at things from a different perspective, open their minds to new ideas.

mac15
May 23, 2002, 09:24 PM
Sometimes it's hard to get something going...but you could just stop for a while and then bam it hits you...or you coul be watching something or reading something that catches your eye and you say to to yourself mac I wanna do that or can that be changed! You have to challenge yourself! Music get me inspired as well. I listen to alot of stuff when I'm designing....When it get boring that the time I quit

And with my mac thats helped me with everything from art to music to everything and anything

cleo
May 23, 2002, 10:05 PM
I express myself with my Mac by saying "bah!" to homework :D

mac15
May 23, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by cleo
I express myself with my Mac by saying "bah!" to homework :D

Even If I didn't have a mac I would say bah to homework:D

3rdpath
May 23, 2002, 10:28 PM
my mac is a transparent part of my creative process. i would hope that i would think different(ly) even if i didn't use a mac...but who knows. it certainly wouldn't be as easy without it. ( and i'd rather not find out for sure ).

this may sound corny, but i express myself by being a good father to my daughter and a good husband to my wife. its a big departure from the home-life i grew up in. so in that regard, i guess its very different.

mymemory
May 23, 2002, 11:43 PM
I think different becaue I'm always doing something different to what everybody else is doing.

With my Mac I started to do political music against the actual president of my country in progresive, that is very different because Venezuela is a lating country and everything here is merenge related not techno related. Many people like it.

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 12:16 AM
I express myself by challenging people to "Think Different". Not just with computers, but with everything in their life. I want people to look at the world differently, to actually make a difference in one persons life. That is to truely live.

I also try to think "outside of the box". By that I mean, I try to do something once a week that I have never done. Either a type of food, or go to a different church, things like that. I try to understand the opinions of other people, instead of telling them mine.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 12:59 AM
I wear these bowling-looking shoes that people always ask if I stole them from a bowling alley...

I have a very eclectic style...taste...

no piercings...no tattoos....

sometimes I wear my hair disheveled...just because...

I did just get a techie looking car...everyone keeps telling me it looks like something I'd drive... :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 01:21 AM
i'm covered from head to toe in tats.

8 piercings in one ear and 5 in the other.

2 in the nose.

only one lip, but plan to change that.

i shaved my hair in a friar tuck style... with the top bald and a ring around it. the ring of hair is dyed bright green.

and i dyed my beard blue after bleaching it.

that's different, no?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:08 AM
apparently very few people here think different...

i thought this was a cool thread and yet it died... what the $#@*%?

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
apparently very few people here think different...

i thought this was a cool thread and yet it died... what the $#@*%? So were you thinking different by thinking this was a cool thread? :p

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Beej
So were you thinking different by thinking this was a cool thread? :p

haha. it does indeed seem that way. teabgs would be so proud! ha

britboy
May 24, 2002, 10:29 AM
I 'think different' by trying to look at issues from another persons' point of view.

Other than that, i have no piercings or tatooes, although i do dye my hair, and have enough scars to make a veteran cringe :p

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 10:43 AM
Well I guess I am thinking differently by thinking this was a good thread too...:rolleyes:

And Jello: are you serious about all that? Cause I don't believe you...

And if it IS true, I wanna see it come September....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
Well I guess I am thinking differently by thinking this was a good thread too...:rolleyes:

And Jello: are you serious about all that? Cause I don't believe you...

And if it IS true, I wanna see it come September....

shhhhhhhhhh

iapple
May 24, 2002, 10:53 AM
From http://www.apple.com/thinkdifferent

Quote:
Here’s to the crazy ones.

The misfits.
    The rebels.
      The troublemakers.
        The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
     And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
     disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
      Because they change things.

They invent.    They imagine.    They heal.
  They explore.    They create.    They inspire.
    They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make tools for these kinds of people.

While some see them as the crazy ones,
   we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

This is one of my favourites, and I think it has a much more powerful message than the "everything is easier" campaign. Somehow, the Think Different. is sooo appealing. It is a catch phrase that is subtle, with style and elegance, just like Apple is.
Just my two cents.

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:04 AM
They have that hanging above the genious bar at the Apple Store....on a nice looking plaque.

It's pretty sweet

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:07 AM
They have that hanging above the genious bar at the Apple Store....on a nice looking plaque.

It's pretty sweet

does it have all the funny looking E's? with the accents that i can't seem to get in this freaking thing!! ahhh.

have you hit up an apple store yet this summer teabgs?

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:11 AM

does it have all the funny looking E's? with the accents that i can't seem to get in this freaking thing!! ahhh.

have you hit up an apple store yet this summer teabgs?

NO funny lookin E's. hehe

Actually yes I have hit up an Apple store this summer...

Where you ask...well Palo Alto baby!

That's why I wasnt posting a lot last week...I was visiting my Girlfriend in Palo Alto. She lives like 3 minutes walking distance from an apple store...so of course we went there a few times to drool :D

NOw she is there, and I'm here on the East coast with nothing to do until June....hence lots of posting :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:16 AM
NO funny lookin E's. hehe

Actually yes I have hit up an Apple store this summer...

Where you ask...well Palo Alto baby!

That's why I wasnt posting a lot last week...I was visiting my Girlfriend in Palo Alto. She lives like 3 minutes walking distance from an apple store...so of course we went there a few times to drool :D

NOw she is there, and I'm here on the East coast with nothing to do until June....hence lots of posting :D

aww, bring back the funny e's...

so you met at school or what? palo is far from gaithersburg...

yeah, i know how it is to be apart... not as bad for me. my girlfriend's in nj and i'm in souther pa..... but yeah. word up to that.....

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 11:29 AM

aww, bring back the funny e's...

so you met at school or what? palo is far from gaithersburg...

yeah, i know how it is to be apart... not as bad for me. my girlfriend's in nj and i'm in souther pa..... but yeah. word up to that.....

Yup met at school. She lived in the room next to me this year. Nice and convenient :D I'm only in G'Burg until June then I'm back in good ol' NYC for good!

She'll be in NY for 3 weeks in July! So I'm excited/looking forward to that!

Macmaniac
May 24, 2002, 11:46 AM
I express myself by being me and bot letting others control me. I would never want to be enslaved by M$ and its crap.

This is my 450 post only 50 to go in about 4 to 5 days!!!!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:52 AM
Yup met at school. She lived in the room next to me this year. Nice and convenient :D I'm only in G'Burg until June then I'm back in good ol' NYC for good!

She'll be in NY for 3 weeks in July! So I'm excited/looking forward to that!

sounds good. i wish i could've stayed there. but alas, no paying job to rationalize it....
it's all good though, i get to golf more here. which i'll go do. NOW

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 02:25 PM
In Jefhatfield stYle....

what are ways that you As mac users or with your macs express yourself? How do you "Think Different"

I for one, express myself with my hair which is long and any number of various colors at any given time...at the moment blue, some green, a hint of pink, and purple.

I use macs to create animation, make (edit) movies, and edit photos (sometimes).

i brought my ibook into the microsoft school a couple of years ago and everybody flipped

i recently brought my ibook into the cisco class at the local jc

now if i get the guts, i should drive over to compaq in cupertino and bring my ibook and affix a sticker on it that says, "hey, at least we are still in business! - think different":p