Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I am trying to understand if MobileMe is simply not working the way it is supposed to, or I am expecting it to function in a manner that it is not intended to.

I have an iPhone 3G, a MacBook Pro with Leopard (10.5.4) using Mail.app, and MobileMe.

I have my MobileMe email set up on both my Mac and iPhone, but even though this is IMAP, the status of unread/read messages remains curiously out of sync between devices.

For example. If I get a new email and I read it on my iPhone, the fact that it has been read is never reflected in the MobileMe webmail or Mail.app. Similarly, if I read a new message on Mail.app, this change is not reflected in my iPhone (until a new email is pushed to my phone -- even if i open Mail on the iPhone manually and let it check for new messages, it still thinks that this message is unread. I guess it doesn't help that MobileMe webmail also thinks it is unread after reading it in Mail.app on the Mac...even after I force a Sync from the Mac.)

What have been your experiences with MobileMe and multiple devices? Are the emails between them always in sync?

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
I have an imac aluminim, ipodtouch and MobileMe. In addition, I have not updated my ipodtouch to 2.0 yet. What I do to one, instantly effects the other 2. Strange that yours is not doing this. Wish I could help but I have no idea about the inards of making things work on a computer which is why I switched to Macs. I was sick of fixing things. Looks like the Mac world is nmot perfect though.

Hope you find your solution soon.

-cfs

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Thanks for your input cfs. I had a chat with MobileMe online support the other night and the rep couldn't figure it out either. My issue has been sent to the 'escalation team' and i should be hearing from them within a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.