Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Hi everyone,
I am trying to compile a program using the make command and when I do it gives the following error:
stephen$ make
ifort -Vaxlib -nbs -C -d2 -c -g tetrag1.f
make: ifort: Command not found
make: *** [tetrag1.o] Error 127

I have Xcode installed, so I'm not sure why I am getting this compiler error. The program is called tetr The program has make files built into it so I think that's all I should have to type. Thanks for the help!

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone,
I am trying to compile a program using the make command and when I do it gives the following error:
stephen$ make
ifort -Vaxlib -nbs -C -d2 -c -g tetrag1.f
make: ifort: Command not found
make: *** [tetrag1.o] Error 127

I have Xcode installed, so I'm not sure why I am getting this compiler error. The program is called tetr The program has make files built into it so I think that's all I should have to type. Thanks for the help!

you'll need a fortran compiler. It looks like the makefile is setup to use ifort, but gfortran or g95 would be fine.

-Lee

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Your Makefile is trying to compile the program using ifort the Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux. This is not part of XCode. You will either have to alter the Makefile to use a Fortran compiler that is actually installed or try and find a version for OSX.

Sorry, can't help you any more than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.