Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bzen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I need my iphone to make some sort of sound (beep, burp, buzz. really anything) when the End Call button is pushed and a call ends. I have had a number of occurrences where I think I've ended a call only to realize that the call did not disconnect. One situation in particular, I ended up leaving part of a very private conversation on my boss' voicemail! :eek: I don't know what it is, but sometimes it takes touching the End Call button two or three times to get it to disconnect. I need some sort of audible feedback that I've in fact ended a call.

I've tried the sound settings and nothing seems to address this issue. I can get the keyboard to make sounds, but this doesn't extend to the End Call button. Perhaps I've overlooked something really simple?

APainInTheApple

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I know this may not be the exact workaround you're looking for, but I've noticed that when ending calls using the supplied Apple earbuds (this is done by squeezing the microphone/nub attached to the right earbud) you will hear a short double beep to confirm that the call has ended.

I agree that a simple feedback sound when pressing the End Call button would be a nice addition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.