Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slinky1

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
What's Fable like as an RPG on Mac?
I've seen Fable 'The Lost Chapters' on Amazon but is there a predecessor?
If so,do i need to play the first one?:confused:
Running a MacBook Pro 2.5G 15'' Dual-Core

savvos

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
The game should run fine on your computer. I played it on the original Xbox and it was quite fun. The game is a few years old, so a modern MBP shouldn't even break a sweat.

blackphenom2004

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
colors

Everytime I try to play Fable on my macbook (which i bought in november) the colors look very washed out. I have tried to lower the video setting in the game but it does not seem to work. Does anybody know how i can fix this?

pyxelfish

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2008
Everytime I try to play Fable on my macbook (which i bought in november) the colors look very washed out. I have tried to lower the video setting in the game but it does not seem to work. Does anybody know how i can fix this?

Have you tried turning the brightness/gamma down, in-game or in your System Preferences? Some games temporarily alter your display's colour calibration while you play (and I believe Fable is one of them), so something may have gone wrong with that. Perhaps recalibrating your monitor (in the Display System Preferences pane) may solve it.

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
Will a current-gen Macbook run this fine?

The game requirements state that it does not support the graphics that are in the Macbooks. However there have been some people who have gotten the game to work with a macbook and people who have not. The game runs perfectly on my macbook pro 2.4GHZ, it is a lot of fun too, wish fable 2 was for mac as well..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.