PDA

View Full Version : The "It's time to Switch." Fan Campaign

pockyrevolution
Jan 10, 2004, 08:15 PM
Now you probably read the subject and thought "Oh great, another thread on switching to OS X".

Not so.

Here's my idea. After listining to the keynote at San Fransico,which you all should have watched either in person or at least via streaming (link later on), I just couldn't resist the urge to go out and tell all my poo poo PC buds to switch (Again).

So lets make an effort to get "PC People" to watch some Apple videos. As a result, these PeeCee freaks might actually learn something- that the grass is WAY better on the Apple side. =)

The amazing thing is how well done these videos are, yet in some cases, they are represented by small links.

Shall we start off with the San Fransico Keynote? Send this link, or any Apple video for that matter.

Keynote: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf04/

A site hosting most of Apple's videos, from 1984! : http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/movies.html

Right then, off you go!

scem0
Jan 10, 2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by pockyrevolution
Now you probably read the subject and thought "Oh great, another thread on switching to OS X".

Not so.

So we are trying to get PC people to see how good mac videos are, or are we actually trying to switch them?

scem0

pockyrevolution
Jan 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
The objective is of course to make them switch. I will calrify this in the post.

themadchemist
Jan 11, 2004, 04:42 AM
Do you think they'll be impressed by this expo's offering? Or how about offerings from the dark days, both of the non-steve ceo's and of the moto development bottleneck?

Actually, WWDC 2003 was the only expo to really knock my socks off in the last couple of years.

pockyrevolution
Jan 11, 2004, 09:22 PM
Then WWDC 2003 it shall be. Can you or anyone find this medai?

wdlove
Jan 12, 2004, 02:48 PM
Yes, we should try to get PC users to switch. It will probably work best one to one basis. I think that the iPod and iTMS is a great start with its cross platform capability. It's a great way for them to see and hear the quality of Apple.

Apple still has to convince its users to switch to the X.

Frozone
Jan 12, 2004, 03:40 PM
I've found out that it isn't really a matter of them not wanting to switch. I have told all my friends about Macs and all of them are wanting to switch, but they don't have the money. If they did have the money then about 6 or 7 of my friends would have Macs. But I am getting one convert -- my mom! She plans on buying the 20" iMac becuase she wants a screen large enough for my dad to see and a computer that will fit in a small space.

themadchemist
Jan 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by pockyrevolution
Then WWDC 2003 it shall be. Can you or anyone find this medai?

I'm not quite sure if there's a webcast up anywhere...It would be worth looking out for.

But on the other hand, there are probably more than a few people who would consider switching to Mac based on the MWSF 2004 John Mayer sequence. It was actually a pretty impressive endorsement of Garage Band when he said this was the first time he heard guitar emulation that was really satisfactory.