PDA

View Full Version : A record collection Apple should buy

Chefboiali
Aug 20, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone. A guy on a forum I frequent posted this article. Another guy made a good point that Apple should buy it, so I thought to post here. I hope it's not a repost. If so, mods please forgive me.:o

It's worth a watch. If Apple WOULD buy it, I hope they offer the music at a higher bit rate than 128kbps

http://www.vimeo.com/1546186

Mr. lax
Aug 20, 2008, 02:04 AM
That is extremely sad and if i had 3 mil just laying around i would buy that.

Pixellated
Aug 20, 2008, 02:12 AM
Why exactly should apple buy it?

CanadaRAM
Aug 20, 2008, 02:24 AM
It's worth a watch. If Apple WOULD buy it, I hope they offer the music at a higher bit rate than 128kbps

Unclear on the concept of copyright, here.

Owning a record album does not give you (or Apple) the right to make copies for sale or distribution.

The exception would be recordings in the public domain, which would be limited to items that were explicitly granted to the public domain by the author and performer(s) and speeches of the US President, IIRC. While written works published prior to 1923 may be public domain, sound recordings are covered under different Federal copyright terms. There are no sound recordings old enough to have passed into the public domain in US law, that won't happen until 2067.

c-Row
Aug 20, 2008, 02:33 AM
Damn, my own collection is far too small to compete with that. But then again, I got some more years to catch up. ;)

Chefboiali
Aug 20, 2008, 02:50 AM
Why exactly should apple buy it?

Why not? It's an incredible collection and they're in the 'record' business. It would be a shame to see the collection go to waste.
Unclear on the concept of copyright, here.

Owning a record album does not give you (or Apple) the right to make copies for sale or distribution.

I understand that. lol

If Apple was smart enough to make itunes for Windows to boost itunes music sales, then maybe having a digital archive of music you can't find anywhere else would fancy their pockets.

Think Different, man :)

o:

applecybergirl
Aug 22, 2008, 08:16 AM
I was just casually looking through the forums for something interesting to read when i came across this clip of this guy trying to sell his records. My partner and I are very much into what we would call real music. The modern music of today has been doctored in such away to completely make it a whole load of garbage. If you have the money and interest in a quality music system and listen to most modern albums on it you will see exactly what i mean. The quality of the recording is so poor and so distorted that it will make your speakers vibrate and the music is unlistenable . Records are much better to prove my point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ . That guy as a point and a good one at that . The record industry is ruining the future of music and music for our future generations who will only listen to loud distorted sound because thats how it is produced now. It will eventually make everyone deaf and then what is the point in music . More people should take note and save one of our most valued possessions . :(

Chefboiali
Aug 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
I was just casually looking through the forums for something interesting to read when i came across this clip of this guy trying to sell his records. My partner and I are very much into what we would call real music. The modern music of today has been doctored in such away to completely make it a whole load of garbage. If you have the money and interest in a quality music system and listen to most modern albums on it you will see exactly what i mean. The quality of the recording is so poor and so distorted that it will make your speakers vibrate and the music is unlistenable . Records are much better to prove my point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ . That guy as a point and a good one at that . The record industry is ruining the future of music and music for our future generations who will only listen to loud distorted sound because thats how it is produced now. It will eventually make everyone deaf and then what is the point in music . More people should take note and save one of our most valued possessions . :(

I totally agree with you.

My father used reel-to-reels in the 70's and I watched how he placed LP's on the turntable with care and delicacy. He even constructed his own Altec speaker boxes. Music is something I feel from the inside. I can hear the difference in the music and it doesn't feel good. :(

Thanks for the cool share :)