Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I don't know why I hadn't heard about this app yet, but it's just what I was looking for! A friend of mine just got a different smartphone (forgot the name) that has tv channels. I haven't had a chance to use VSnax much yet, but I think it's similar.

Are any of you using it? Are there similar products available? Thanks!

GigiLady

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
vsnax iphone and ipod touch app

I use it too, really like it. Hope they'll add some more new channels, i was happy to see Style Channel added recently.:)

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
I've tried it a couple times. I haven't found anything I'd like to watch on it. It at least continues to play after each video. I'll have to check it out again.

There's also Truveo. It's mainly a search program that finds videos from youtube, and many other sources. I don't know much about podcasts, but it seems to find some of those to stream live with the channels it has. Like Cnet and CNN. Yesterday at work I picked 20+ minute NBC nightly news cast while I worked. And the quality over 3G was high quality, hardly any compression. Same with youtube videos, it uses the best version youtube has.

There's a bug where opening the app says it's missing the internet, just quit and open a different internet app, then go back and it works.

EDIT: Cool, I recall watching a tech show in the past called Digital Life Tv. DL.TV for short. Searching "DL.TV" brought up all their 30 minute podcasts. It brought up two results for each episode. One was not in a compatible format, but the other played on the iPhone.

dmourati

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for the comments about vSNAX. We're working on new features, new content, and we are also thinking about a forum of our own where users can interact with us.

Is a vSNAX forum a good idea? Let us know.

Thanks.

http://www.vsnax.com/

One of our users just submitted a video review of our site. Check it out here:

vSNAX: Free App, Good Videos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.