Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
What :
MobileMe is a great product for what it is designed : Cross-platforming portable informations (mail, contact, calendar,etc) and syncing. However, compared to other (Free) services, many features are missing.

As explained by Apple representatives, and by Steve Jobs as well, the MobileMe launch was rockier than they taught. By extending the trial period (and recently by extending the length of the paid services) and by putting online a “Status” blog, Apple show us that they want to be transparent and to offer a better service to all their customers.

I created this blog to express, in a positive and collaborative manner, the needs and recommendations of the MobileMe community. The objective of this blog is to compile all needed features, bug fixes and webapps suggested by MobileMe users.

Why :

I think that, by the community suggestions and by the expression of the customers’ needs, MobileMe can evolve in the right direction.

We can make a difference !

When the site will be filled with enough ideas, I will communicate with Apple to report all creative suggestions and feedbacks.

Who :

Every users that are concerned by the amelioration of MobileMe service can send suggestions of new features, unfixed bug or new web app.

=======================================

HOW PARTICIPATE : Use this page http://bettermobileme.wordpress.com/send-suggestions/

MAIL

New features needed :

-Better search engine (body search in multi folder)
-Rich text / HTML editing
-Filters/Rules creation
-Group mailing with Contacts group
-Mail count in folder and icons
-Ability to create calendar event in mail.
-Different signatures with Alias
-Better Alias support with Mail.app

Bugs to fix :

-Overall speed improvements (the actual mail speed is killing the user experience)
-Address book disabled with new mail (first one only)
-Missing emails in address book (third + more email by contact missing)
-Draft messages undeleted after sending emails

Contacts

New features needed :
-Better import support
-Export support
-Sharable contacts or group (ex: sport teams group shareable contact where every member has a public card)
-Sync AddressBook Groups to Outlook Categories. (Currently AddressBook Groups sync to Outlook Folders. Illogical since a contact can be in many Groups, but only one Folder) [By Tony Blunt]

Bugs to fix :
-None

Calendar
New features needed :

-Ability to create event by draging in month view
-Default view selection
-Dots on days with event in mini-calendar to help week view navigation
-Alarms setting and notification (Email, song, etc..)
-Family calendar or Sharable (public) calendar
-Subscrition to public calendar
-Sync calendar with Vista Windows Calendar [By Tony Blunt]

Bugs to fix :
-Overall speed improvements (the actual speed is killing the user experience)
-Calendar colors differ from iCal (or Birthdays color not customizable)

Gallery
New features needed :
-None

Bugs to fix :
-None

iDisk

New features needed :
-Shareable files (confirmed by Apple)
-Ability to backup local folder to iDisk

Bugs to fix :
-Overall speed improvements (the actual speed is killing the user experience)

Other Suggestions

General suggestion

* Overall speed/responsiveness improvements (the actual web app speed is killing the user experience)
* Interface more reminiscent of the iphone home screen [by Schtumple]
* Basic data application of iphone backuped on mobile me servers. [by Schtumple]
* Better compatibility with older/non-W3 conform browser (ie6,Ie7,Opera...) [by Kilamite]
* Selection of main page (mail, calendar, ...) [by Kilamite]

New web apps

* Notes editor (with sync to all platforms)
* Better To Do editor (separated from calendar, with category, printable, with sync to all platforms)
* Bookmarks editor (with sync to all platforms)

===================================

Copy at http://bettermobileme.wordpress.com/

thanks,

Picollus

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
To compile multiple sources in a centered list. (The cibled public is not only the MacRumors community)

A blog is move visible and accessible than a thread.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
and why couldn't said sources be compiled into this thread*?

It's seems like your just using this thread to drive traffic to your blog to be honest...

EDIT: *I'm well aware Macrumors isn't the only mac site on the web but it accounts for a large percentage of the community.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I doubt Apple will care about 'another blog' on the net going on about all the problems that Apple are well aware of. No offence.

Plus, this is a community already recognised. Thousands of members and contributors. If you want a discussion, there is no better forum than this.

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
and why couldn't said sources be compiled into this thread*?

It's seems like your just using this thread to drive traffic to your blog to be honest...

I have posted the same message on MobileMe support forum on http://Discussion.Apple.com

EDIT: *I'm well aware Macrumors isn't the only mac site on the web but it accounts for a large percentage of the community.

It's why I posted here also :)

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I have posted the same message on MobileMe support forum on http://Discussion.Apple.com

But why don't you just post what you'd be posting on your blog in here it really just seems like your adertising your blog in this thread...

I doubt Apple will care about 'another blog' on the net going on about all the problems that Apple are well aware of. No offence.

Plus, this is a community already recognised. Thousands of members and contributors. If you want a discussion, there is no better forum than this.

Exactly, it would better to discuss all your ideas on improvements here rather than just having a thread with an external link...

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
I just noticed that i have been deleted by apple because it doesn't follow forum (technical only) guidelines...

I have updated the blog with suggestion and bug from users.

But why don't you just post what you'd be posting on your blog in here it really just seems like your adertising your blog in this thread...

Exactly, it would better to discuss all your ideas on improvements here rather than just having a thread with an external link...

The idea of this blog is to create a coallition from all the MobileMe community, not only Macrumors.

The main Idea is about collaborative work of the community, not competitive.
I tought that a list on a web pages is easier to read and simpler to manage than searching in threads.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I just noticed that i have been deleted by apple because it doesn't follow forum (technical only) guidelines...

I have updated the blog with suggestion and bug from users.

The idea of this blog is to create a coallition from all the MobileMe community, not only Macrumors.

The main Idea is about collaborative work of the community, not competitive.
I tought that a list on a web pages is easier to read and simpler to manage than searching in threads.

But it seems like your just using this thread to drive traffic to your site, which is essentially against the forum rules here too, if you don't use this thread for discussion purposes, it will be deleted.

So please, post your ideas and suggestions in here, there are plenty of threads on mobile me, maybe ask a mod to make your thread the official thread, then any other duplicate threads would be deleted leaving your thread and the sole source of opinions and ideas.

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
I have put the copy of the blog in the first thread... but it will be more complex to manage !

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I have put the copy of the blog in the first thread... but it will be more complex to manage !

Just copy and paste your blog content....

I'd like to see a different interface, one that is more reminiscent of the iphone home screen, I'd like to see a basic data application that allows data on the iphone to be off loaded onto the mobile me servers.

picollus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Just copy and paste your blog content....

I'd like to see a different interface, one that is more reminiscent of the iphone home screen, I'd like to see a basic data application that allows data on the iphone to be off loaded onto the mobile me servers.

Updated

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I dont think I am going to be popular with some of my responses

1. Full compatibility with all browsers Gallery & me.com (even if its a limited version)
2. When you go to http://www.me.com have a first screen similar to the .mac service with service status, useful links etc
3. To Do Syncing between all devices
4. Notes Syncing between all devices

Make these changes and MobileMe will be almost perfect for me

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
1. Full compatibility with all browsers Gallery & me.com (even if its a limited version)

I prefer it loading Mail by default, however it wouldn't be too hard for Apple to offer an option of what to load first. Whether you want Calendar, Mail etc to be the default page.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
I dont think I am going to be popular with some of my responses

2. When you go to http://www.me.com have a first screen similar to the .mac service with service status, useful links etc
3. To Do Syncing between all devices
4. Notes Syncing between all devices

Make these changes and MobileMe will be almost perfect for me

I don't see why you'd be unpopular.

The only issue could be number 2, but as Kilamite says Apple could offer an option.

Wateroksnmud

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
May have missed it but how about anniversaries and birthdays from contacts on the iphone updated in iphone and calendar...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.