PDA

View Full Version : Macs and their users

britboy
May 24, 2002, 06:30 AM
We've been chatting together for several months now, but have no idea what anyone looks like. So, at krossfyter's behest, i thought i'd create a new thread, to see what real mac users look like. Will there be a trend? Time will tell... :D

I'll start the ball rolling.

Ps. I'm the one on with the knife in his hand, not the one with the bib!

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:32 AM
cool britboy! are you a father or is that someone elses child?

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:35 AM
heres mine.... right now this is all i have as for pics....i will get a better one of me pretty soon but this will have to do for now.....

britboy
May 24, 2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
cool britboy! are you a father or is that someone elses child?

he he, no, i'm not a father yet :) That's my nephew. He's 2 years old today!!!

I'm not planning on having kids for about another 6-7 years. Mind you, i'm getting married in december, and not everything works out like we plan them, right? :cool:

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by britboy

he he, no, i'm not a father yet :) That's my nephew. He's 2 years old today!!!

I'm not planning on having kids for about another 6-7 years. Mind you, i'm getting married in december, and not everything works out like we plan them, right? :cool:

oh okay cool.

congrats on the near future marriage..i hope it turns out great for the both of you.

im not planning on having kids until im sure i can support one and im ready for one that wont be until way later...until then im fine with my cat.

Beej
May 24, 2002, 06:45 AM
This is the best photo anyone has ever taken of me:

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:51 AM
oh wait!

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:54 AM
beej looking like his gonna start some s#$t

cool man. you got that "dont f with me or ill pop a cap in you as*" look.

dig it.

krossfyter
May 24, 2002, 06:56 AM
sorry for the double posts but for some reason im not thinking right, right now. i think its because i need some sleep its like 6 am and ive been up all day.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
sorry for the double posts but for some reason im not thinking right, right now. i think its because i need some sleep its like 6 am and ive been up all day.

so you just need to sleep til 10 am... after all 4 hours is plenty for you...... freakshow

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 09:58 AM
This is a pic of me up in Alaska, camping in the Wrangell-St. Elias National park - notice the bear deterant on the hip? 357, 5 shots for the bear, the last one for you......

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 10:00 AM
ok...here I am then...

in a French Bistro somewhere in San Francisco...

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:03 AM
OMG it is soooo weird to see everyone! No one ever looks like you think they do...

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Beej
OMG it is soooo weird to see everyone! No one ever looks like you think they do...

agreed. and now i'm gonna have nightmares of crazy old beej with the snowball cat and eyelikeart doing something artistic... ha

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Beej

It is weird on how you would imagine someone given what they say online and through their tars. Weird, truly. I figured eye for a much less dark individual, not necessarily blonde, but lighter complexion. You look pretty much as what I would have expected though, no surprises there.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I figured eye for a much less dark individual, not necessarily blonde, but lighter complexion. You look pretty much as what I would have expected though, no surprises there.

hmm...would that label me as predictable...or that I'm just well read by others? ;)

as for u duke....I guess I was off....he he he :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:11 AM
357, 5 shots for the bear, the last one for you......

who you wanna get crazy with esse? don't you know i'm loco????

and really, is that frosted hair or does your hair color in the sun?

if it's the former, please explain it to me... i never got it. i think it just looks funny meself.

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:11 AM
You look pretty much as what I would have expected though, no surprises there. What's that? Like a freak? He he he :)

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:13 AM
The only other photos of me I have handy are either me in a white tux (which I won't be showing anyone here :D), or pics of me with my ex girlfriend, which I will definitely not be showing here! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
and really, is that frosted hair or does your hair color in the sun?

I was a towhead as a kid, very blonde. But with old age, well, you know, it only gets light when I'm in the sun. Never, ever colored my hair, silly. Don't comb it either, let it go natural. If I didn't cut it I'd get a big 'fro, ha, that woudl be funny.

britboy
May 24, 2002, 10:24 AM

I was a towhead as a kid, very blonde. But with old age, well, you know, it only gets light when I'm in the sun. Never, ever colored my hair, silly.

Same with me. My hair was light-blonde as a kid (probably due to the strong sun). I liked it, so i've been dying my hair for the past 4 years or so.

Funny how you can build up a mental image of someone based on their posts. The photos so far sure have shattered those images though. Duke, a gun-slinging rambler???

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:29 AM
I've been known to colour my hair on the odd occasion... usually I just peroxide it white. Heh...

I need sleep. I think I'll leave for the night on 1111 posts. The fact that I'm doing that clearly indicates I need sleep. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:29 AM
The photos so far sure have shattered those images though. Duke, a gun-slinging rambler???

Na! No member of the NRA here. We were going camping in an area with a lot of bears. Alaskan bears are not to be messed with, not like the bears in the lower 48 states that have contact with humans on a regular basis. Alaskan bears, whether black or brown (grizzly) pretty much consider themselves top of the food chain in most cases. Protection is a must, glad I didn't have to use it.

Here's a better pic, taken of me on Malamala Island, probably when I was taking the photo from my 'tar.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:30 AM

I was a towhead as a kid, very blonde. But with old age, well, you know, it only gets light when I'm in the sun. Never, ever colored my hair, silly. Don't comb it either, let it go natural. If I didn't cut it I'd get a big 'fro, ha, that woudl be funny.

though i don't know what a towhead is, i can follow your post decently enough.... that's good you don't color it..... that had me worried. hair frosting is just a bit weird to me... like, not ballsy enough to bleach/dye the whole thing, but you wanna be noticed...

big fros rule. i wish i had one that would stand up. too bad i have naturally wavy hair. that's why i just shave the friar tuck look into it. more fun.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:33 AM
Here's a better pic, taken of me on Malamala Island, probably when I was taking the photo from my 'tar.

jeez. those blues are amazing... the colors that is. is that a really good camera or just a pretty normal one? man. i like.

not a better picture of you really though. first off, you have your shirt off. we can do without that... ha. second, in this case, the idea is to see your face, not the background as much... i mean a combo of both is great.

dang. fiji might just be calling my name!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:35 AM

jeez. those blues are amazing... the colors that is. is that a really good camera or just a pretty normal one? man. i like.

not a better picture of you really though. first off, you have your shirt off. we can do without that... ha. second, in this case, the idea is to see your face, not the background as much... i mean a combo of both is great.

dang. fiji might just be calling my name!

Those blues are real, it is amazing. I'm hoping to go back someday soon. You want me to post another shot? I've got 100s.

D

britboy
May 24, 2002, 10:41 AM

Those blues are real, it is amazing. I'm hoping to go back someday soon. You want me to post another shot? I've got 100s.

D

Please do, i can't get enough of them! I've got to go there someday, it looks absolutely amazing.

One day we'll probably be able to have another forum called 'Stories of your visit to Fiji'! :p

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:45 AM

D

yeah. maybe your web site is a better spot for em? if it's easy to put em up there that is.... if not, here's great with me! you're the one in bold, so you know better.. ha

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:51 AM

One day we'll probably be able to have another forum called 'Stories of your visit to Fiji'! :p

Well, beej is going there soon, maybe we'll have to do just that.

I was refering to pictures of me, cause jello was complaining he couldn't see me. Oops.

I have a bunch on my home page, but the IP address was just changed, so you might not be able to see them right now, but they might be up in a day or so. www.dukestreet.com check under the travel section for Fiji.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:56 AM
Well, beej is going there soon, maybe we'll have to do just that.

I was refering to pictures of me, cause jello was complaining he couldn't see me. Oops.

I have a bunch on my home page, but the IP address was just changed, so you might not be able to see them right now, but they might be up in a day or so. www.dukestreet.com check under the travel section for Fiji.

i wasn't complaining. heck, i don't even want to see you! ha. no. i saw you in a few others already. was just saying that while the fiji one was a better overall pic... for the purpose of seeing you, it's not better. i digress...

you need to update your wedding pictures man! i like the one in the tux with your wife (then fiance) but that "coming soon" thing was a let down....

and dang, those fiji pictures.... amazing. i'm nearly sold. all i need is the money and the wife and i'm set! ha

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:59 AM

you need to update your wedding pictures man! i like the one in the tux with your wife (then fiance) but that "coming soon" thing was a let down....

and dang, those fiji pictures.... amazing. i'm nearly sold. all i need is the money and the wife and i'm set! ha

Actually, you're not the only one. But I've got 60 or so ready to go and I'm planning on putting them out there this weekend. I'll let you know, not going to post *that* on the boards. I'll get more hits than I'm allowed and my familly won't be too happy not being able to view them....

britboy
May 24, 2002, 11:01 AM
I can't help but think that the waters around Malamala island are just perfect for my favourite sport: waterskiing :D

Those fiji pictures... i'm speechless. Did you take a photography course by any chance Duke? The VR of the resort is pretty nifty.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:01 AM
Actually, you're not the only one. But I've got 60 or so ready to go and I'm planning on putting them out there this weekend. I'll let you know, not going to post *that* on the boards. I'll get more hits than I'm allowed and my familly won't be too happy not being able to view them....

you're getting ahead of yourself... just because you put up some pictures and link them from here doesn't mean anyone wants to see them... now does it? so your family should have no problems...

and on a serious note, congrats (i know it's late) on the wedding... i didn't realize you were quite so newly wed... dat's coo.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:03 AM
Those fiji pictures... i'm speechless. Did you take a photography course by any chance Duke? The VR of the resort is pretty nifty.

that reminds me actually... i meant to ask

duke, why did you borrow a digital cam from the resort? that's cool that they had one and let you borrow it... i would have never thought that....

(i'm guessing your film cam wasn't around and you wanted to capture the moment) just surprised it was an option.... quite cool

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 11:10 AM
I can't help but think that the waters around Malamala island are just perfect for my favourite sport: waterskiing :D

I'll have to dig up the thread on the subject of Malamala island. Its name translated from the native Fijian is Itchy Island - its the jellyfish breeding ground. It looks great, but at certain times of year, you just don't go in the water. We were there at the wrong time, unfotunately, for swimming, but if it hadn't been for that I'd probably been in the water snorkling and would have missed those great shots.

No photography courses, just a good eye for composition, lots of practice and the best guarantee for good photos - shoot lots and lots of pics, odds are better something is going to be worthy of reprinting....

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 11:25 AM
duke, why did you borrow a digital cam from the resort? that's cool that they had one and let you borrow it... i would have never thought that....

It was sort of luck, we made friends with the dive masters at the resort, a couple from England, and they in turn were friends with the owners of the resort. Got to talking and they found out I was a photographer of sorts so they asked me to take pics for the resort. Got a few beers out of it, not bad.

But when that sunset hit, I didn't have my camera equipment with me, so I just took what I could. I sat around the next 5 nights or so trying to get a duplicate, but as you saw, it never quite happened.

They've updated their site, I was there in '98, so I'm not surprised. But here's the resort.

http://www.hideawayfiji.com/

Check the rates, they're still pretty cheap!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:30 AM
It was sort of luck, we made friends with the dive masters at the resort, a couple from England, and they in turn were friends with the owners of the resort. Got to talking and they found out I was a photographer of sorts so they asked me to take pics for the resort. Got a few beers out of it, not bad.

But when that sunset hit, I didn't have my camera equipment with me, so I just took what I could. I sat around the next 5 nights or so trying to get a duplicate, but as you saw, it never quite happened.

They've updated their site, I was there in '98, so I'm not surprised. But here's the resort.

http://www.hideawayfiji.com/

Check the rates, they're still pretty cheap!

that sounds pretty sweet.... and yeah, i saw that you weren't able to quite capture the same thing again. that's why it's great to have a camera always... i haven't gotten to that point yet. but sometime probably.....

as for the rates... i don't know what to compare them to. 300/night for king size bed doesn't seem terrible for a honeymoon resort.... but as i said, i have no point of comparison...... word up

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 11:33 AM
I think we should change the name of this thread to "dukestreet & jelloshotsrule"...he he he ;)

so why hasn't anyone else posted their pics yet?!

britboy
May 24, 2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

they all saw your handsome mug and got self-conscious. ;) :p

or they saw beej's pic and got scared away :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:37 AM
I think we should change the name of this thread to "dukestreet & jelloshotsrule"...he he he ;)

get over yourself high king of posting... ha.

here's mine:

please don't be angry.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:54 AM
not to make you all jealous but...

my girlfriend: (teabgs, still want in???? :))

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:09 PM
not to make you all jealous but...

my girlfriend: (teabgs, still want in???? :))

So you had an awkward phase, I'm sure the blue and green hair, piercings and full body tattoos make people envious now.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:11 PM

So you had an awkward phase, I'm sure the blue and green hair, piercings and full body tattoos make people envious now.....

what do you mean an awkward phase? that's my current pic....

:eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:18 PM

what do you mean an awkward phase? that's my current pic....

:eek:

Well, where are all the peircings, don't tell you take them out just to get your photo taken? And I don't see no Friar Tuck cut there, now do I?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:22 PM

Well, where are all the peircings, don't tell you take them out just to get your photo taken? And I don't see no Friar Tuck cut there, now do I?

ohhh snap! detective duke....

so which am i joking about. that being me, or me having the tats/piercings/hair?

eh????

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:27 PM

ohhh snap! detective duke....

so which am i joking about. that being me, or me having the tats/piercings/hair?

eh????

Now, I'd vote most likely for number 3, but if I had to take a choice of those 2, it would be 2, cause that other picture of you and your brother didn't hold that much resemblance to the one of you here. And since you went the for the full effect with your girlfriend, I'd have to kind of doubt that one too.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:33 PM
what is option 3? you said you'd choose it but i am not sure i understood what it was you were choosing...

yeah, the pictures were not me.... too bad though.

i'm off to golf. for real.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:40 PM
what is option 3? you said you'd choose it but i am not sure i understood what it was you were choosing...

yeah, the pictures were not me.... too bad though.

You are little slow this morning, option 3 is the 3rd picture of yourself that you haven't put up that is actually a picture of you, get it????

3rdpath
May 24, 2002, 01:18 PM
can't find any pictures of me, but heres one from my daughter's last slumber party:)

iGav
May 24, 2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
can't find any pictures of me, but heres one from my daughter's last slumber party:)

Heh heh... rockin.......

Well here's me.............

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 01:24 PM

What? I'm surprised there's no cigarette's in that picture....

I'm also surprised we didn't see more off color pics from krosfyter:confused:

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 02:33 PM
Damn...I'm waiting for all my graudation pics to be developed, otherwise I'd have some current ones ready to go...

It's quite a trip to put a face to the handle of all y'all...:D

I'll try to get one of me up here later.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
It's quite a trip to put a face to the handle of all y'all...:D

I'm curious to see if jefhatfield posts his pic up here... :D

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 03:54 PM
I'm curious to see if jefhatfield posts his pic up here... :D

That would be interesting. :)

He's been pretty quiet lately. I think he's gone into shock with all the recent changes. It must be quite different here than what he remembers. :eek:

britboy
May 24, 2002, 03:57 PM

He's been pretty quiet lately. I think he's gone into shock with all the recent changes. It must be quite different here than what he remembers. :eek:

He's probably sulking after beej was teasing him with the 'unknown' from the private forums :p

I'd deffinitely be interested in seeing a photo of good ol' jef!

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 04:32 PM
Well, here is MrsBacktothemac, and little Neverleftthemac. He, He.

I will get a pic of me tonight and post. Everyone, be ready to run from the horror!!!

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

I will get a pic of me tonight and post. Everyone, be ready to run from the horror!!!

cute little girl....she looks like your wife...

but give us a heads up when u are about to upload your mug... ;)

cleo
May 24, 2002, 04:37 PM
... but you're not going to get a picture of me *that* easily. :D

Actually, here's one from about 18 years ago. :D Aren't I cute?

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by cleo

Awwww. Too cute Cleo. Now come strong with the modern pic. We have to put a face with our #1 PowerDyke ;)

britboy
May 24, 2002, 04:53 PM

Damn, the ploy didn't work :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 04:56 PM

Cuties, both. Great pics B2TM, but you should have done a family shot. And I'm still waiting to see pics from jello....

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 04:57 PM

Damn, the ploy didn't work :D

Yep, lets just close this one down and wait a couple of weeks after her Birthday party. That way, she will be succeptible to suggestion, HA! Then we can start this up again, and she will catch the bait.

Till next time......

cleo
May 24, 2002, 04:58 PM

Awwww. Too cute Cleo. Now come strong with the modern pic. We have to put a face with our #1 PowerDyke ;)

Nice try :D Actually, I don't have any decent picture of me in the past couple of years. But I'm going up to Athens in a few weeks and will likely be taking a ton, between the cousins and my best friend, so I'll post one of those when I get back.

If you're good. :D

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 05:02 PM

Nice try :D Actually, I don't have any decent picture of me in the past couple of years. But I'm going up to Athens in a few weeks and will likely be taking a ton, between the cousins and my best friend, so I'll post one of those when I get back.

now u are gonna get B2TM all excited...ha ha ha! :D

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 05:04 PM

These guys, believe me, we will never be good, but we will always be interesting. I will put one of me up a little later. How about one from mine and MrsBack's wedding? That is probably one of the better ones. Actually, I have one where we are on the riverwalk in New Orleans, and it looks really cool.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 05:04 PM

Well, here's one of me, probably 35 years ago!

You want me to go get a Pennellas Park Highschool year book and find you? I have connections you know.....

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 05:05 PM

now u are gonna get B2TM all excited...ha ha ha! :D

Easy there Tigger. Remember, MB2TM is going to start coming through here. I can't wait for the day that she sees a post like that. Remember, she is Italian Cajun, and I don't want to have to sleep with one eye open:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:14 PM

You are little slow this morning, option 3 is the 3rd picture of yourself that you haven't put up that is actually a picture of you, get it????

beleee me. it's not "this morning"... it's... every morning/day/night/etc...

oh snap. 3rd picture. hey, i already put one up of me and my brother and even admitted which was me and we were wearing fanny packs and i feel like that guys's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:18 PM
3rdpath: i didn't take you for one to give your kids so much beer.... nice touch

igav: sweet. we both are punk rockers with tons and tons of piercings and stuff. where are all your tats? let's see em!

but seriously, are you trying to spook us with the dark looking picture? cheer up man.

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:18 PM
beleee me. it's not "this morning"... it's... every morning/day/night/etc...

oh snap. 3rd picture. hey, i already put one up of me and my brother and even admitted which was me and we were wearing fanny packs and i feel like that guys's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Nice "Office Space" reference. That movie is just WAY too true to life sometimes.

And congrats on 1100...you'll be catching up to me soon if you and duke keep up your tea parties! :eek: :D ;) :p

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:19 PM

Nice "Office Space" reference. That movie is just WAY too true to life sometimes.

And congrats on 1100...you'll be catching up to me soon if you and duke keep up your tea parties! :eek: :D ;) :p

someone got it!...

1100 what??? that's a low sat score isn't it? or i guess it's about average or something. but low for geeks!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:22 PM

who's got upper management written all over him?

And kid pics don't count, you know that.

the query is... who don't?

if i was weird this morning/noon... i am freaked up right now. i guess it's the anticipation of my girlfriend arriving. did i mention i still havent' cleaned up the guest room? booyah!

i don't have kids by the way.

not legitimate ones or ones i know about anyhow....

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:22 PM
someone got it!...

1100 what??? that's a low sat score isn't it? or i guess it's about average or something. but low for geeks!

1100 posts, man...you are slow today. :rolleyes:

Now, who took my stapler?

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 05:23 PM

Actually, a few more posts and you become one of the elite geeks and boot arn off the top ten list. Ha!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:27 PM
1100 posts, man...you are slow today. :rolleyes:

Now, who took my stapler?

no no row dog... it's aiight. i knew what you meant, but i didn't see it til you said it.... now don't bring that eye rolling up in here. this is meant to be a happy place... i'm happy. heck, i feel like i'm freaking drugs.... who slipped me the *$%#$?

2 chicks at the same time!

edit: to avoid double... duke. elite schmelite. arn is in the house no matter what top xxxxx he's in!

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:30 PM
...2 chicks at the same time!...

Whoa!?!:eek: :confused:

What did I miss here? Damn work's keeping me away from all the crazy developments here...:rolleyes: (just for you, jello)

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:32 PM
Whoa!?!:eek: :confused:

What did I miss here? Damn work's keeping me away from all the crazy developments here...:rolleyes: (just for you, jello)

you dropped the ball row-dog...

"what would you do if you had a million bucks"...

"2 chicks at the same time"

"would money really make them have sex with you?"

"it would for the type of girls that would double up on a guy like me"...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:36 PM
you dropped the ball row-dog...

"what would you do if you had a million bucks"...

"2 chicks at the same time"

"would money really make them have sex with you?"

"it would for the type of girls that would double up on a guy like me"...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...I'm gonna need you to come on Saturday. And I'm gonna need you to come in on Sunday too...

OK, you snuck that one by me...you were talking about your girlfriend, so I thought that's what it was in reference to. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 05:39 PM
"I did nothing...and it was everyting I thought it could be..."

damn I love that movie!! I have it on DVD....never gets old...only funnier...he he he :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:40 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiight...I'm gonna need you to come on Saturday. And I'm gonna need you to come in on Sunday too...

OK, you snuck that one by me...you were talking about your girlfriend, so I thought that's what it was in reference to. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh snap! no! she's all up in the monogamy thing (unfortunately eh? ha!)

"right, well, i'm gonna have to go ahead and kinda disagree with you on that one..."

i want to buy that movie. now! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

someone gonna start a me and row-dog thread now just cause we're having a chat? come off it!

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:42 PM
oh snap! no! she's all up in the monogamy thing (unfortunately eh? ha!)

"right, well, i'm gonna have to go ahead and kinda disagree with you on that one..."

i want to buy that movie. now! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

someone gonna start a me and row-dog thread now just cause we're having a chat? come off it!

You got the memo, right?

I think we should have a movie quote thread...that would be a true "useless knowledge" test! :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:44 PM
"I did nothing...and it was everyting I thought it could be..."

damn I love that movie!! I have it on DVD....never gets old...only funnier...he he he :D

does it have any special features?

my roomie had it on his computer, but i want the real deal!

movie quotes are a bit sketchy sometimes.... it takes a certain movie to get people going on at once for it to be worth it... otherwise people will come up with stuff outta... nowhere!

"pc load letter... what the %#$@ does that mean?"

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 05:52 PM
Allright then, I declare this an "Office Space" quote thread, until I get my graduation pictures later today or someone else posts a picture. :D :p

"You've been missing a lot of work lately."

"Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:55 PM
Allright then, I declare this an "Office Space" quote thread, until I get my graduation pictures later today or someone else posts a picture. :D :p

"You've been missing a lot of work lately."

"Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

haha nice! i feel bad cause i don't want to misquote.... and i don't have a copy of it here with me... how about we come up with quotes, and eye checks em out on his dvd (unless you have it handy)... yes! ha.

"michael bolton isn't such a bad name"

"it WASN'T a bad name until that no talent ass clown came along and started winning grammies"

i know that's off. but hey, i tried :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:00 PM
back on track for a sec....

i just remembered my girlfriend's bringing her pictures from photo class so i can scan em for her.... so i'll have some of myself from there!

and since duke is so high on asking for me.... then i guess i must give in to demand...

beleeeeeee me. it ain't wort da hype

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 06:01 PM

does it have any special features?

actually no...it's one of the more boring DVDs around...:(

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:04 PM

actually no...it's one of the more boring DVDs around...:(

blah. i'll still get it... time to get up out of here!

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 06:14 PM

blah. i'll still get it... time to get up out of here!

I hear that...I need to finish up a few more things before I can get the hell out of dodge...

anyone got any cool plans for the evening? or should that be another thread?? :D

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 06:18 PM
Go get my pictures so I can post one for you crazy people.

Lift some weights.

Watch a movie. I just got the Sixth Sense and 12 Monkeys on DVD. Or I might take the GF to see SWEp2, since she hasn't seen it yet.

"How many pieces of flare are you wearing?"

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:20 PM
aahhumm, yeah.....

I think I've seen the movie only twice, I'm going to have to buy it myself, it is a bit of a classic.

How many pieces of flare do you have?

(You beat me to that one, rower, ha!)

I'm going to burn it down....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:21 PM
Go get my pictures so I can post one for you crazy people.

Lift some weights.

Watch a movie. I just got the Sixth Sense and 12 Monkeys on DVD. Or I might take the GF to see SWEp2, since she hasn't seen it yet.

"How many pieces of flare are you wearing?"

it's flair up in this piece...

i was supposed to go.... which i will

those are both good movies. better than star wars... sorry to say. booooyah!

lift some weights and get strong and not pansy like me

"don't you want to express yourself???"

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:23 PM
Any one see some of the other Terry Gilliam movies.

Time Bandits, Brazil? Brazil is one of my favorites, very bizarre, but damn good, and DeNiro as a Ninja Sanitary Engineer?

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 06:27 PM
it's flair up in this piece...

i was supposed to go.... which i will

those are both good movies. better than star wars... sorry to say. booooyah!

lift some weights and get strong and not pansy like me

"don't you want to express yourself???"

The weights for me aren't about strength nearly as much as losing some of this "desk-job" weight. I went from competing in inter-collegiate athletics to being a complete couch potato for a year and it has not agreed with my boyish figure (if I ever had one). I gained about 40 pounds last year...and the ***** comes off slow!:mad:

Why do you think I mention dieting in my sig?:rolleyes:

"Do you want to do the minimum?" (Mike Judge, BTW)

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 06:32 PM
Any one see some of the other Terry Gilliam movies.

Time Bandits, Brazil? Brazil is one of my favorites, very bizarre, but damn good, and DeNiro as a Ninja Sanitary Engineer?

Brazil is great. I've only seen it once, so I really should watch it again.

A couple of other excellent movies I recommend are Delicatessen and The City of Lost Children. They were both done by Marc Caro and Jean-Paul Jeunet (Alien: Resurrection, Amélie). Very interesting movies.

Something about " Federal *****-you-in-the-@ss prison"...it was funny...

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:34 PM
fat schmat!

i lost a lot when i stopped eating meat and moved to nyc (walking everywhere)... but i digress.

mike judge plays the boss at jenny aniston's place eh? funny

the best scene for outright weirdness/greatness is the slow mo, loud rap where they beat the ****e out of the copy machine...

when m.bolt(on) starts to punch it.... haha. so classic.

i have not seen other terry gilliam movies....

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:38 PM
the best scene for outright weirdness/greatness is the slow mo, loud rap where they beat the ****e out of the copy machine...

when m.bolt(on) starts to punch it.... haha. so classic.

i have not seen other terry gilliam movies....

The copy machine scene is a classic, right out of something from the Resevoir Dogs.

You have to see Brazil, its truly messed up and great. TimeBandits is like a Monty Python reunion, if you like them it will be entertaining.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:43 PM

The copy machine scene is a classic, right out of something from the Resevoir Dogs.

You have to see Brazil, its truly messed up and great. TimeBandits is like a Monty Python reunion, if you like them it will be entertaining.

brazil available at local bbuster? also, ok to get with my parents in da house? ;)

copy machine = great.

also, the fantasy scene when main guy is imagining lundberg and jenny aniston..

lundberg: "oh yeah, that's terrific"...

as he drinks some freaking coffee (the sexual act is more or less implied)... haha.... yes!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:52 PM
Yeah, your parents might think it a bit strange, but it really is a truly off the wall film. Blockbuster should have it, probably only one copy and on video, but you never know. Now the Video Vault here in Old Town.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 07:07 PM
Yeah, your parents might think it a bit strange, but it really is a truly off the wall film. Blockbuster should have it, probably only one copy and on video, but you never know. Now the Video Vault here in Old Town.....

would it be "appropriate" for my super catholic mom??? hehe.

oh, and don't start up the stalking again:rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 07:14 PM

would it be "appropriate" for my super catholic mom??? hehe.

oh, and don't start up the stalking again:rolleyes:

Not sure on that one. Its a future history movie, strange city-state-socialist society, under-achiever hero, weird character actors and some fanatasy thrown in. It might be best to save for you and you girlfriend or bothers.

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 07:48 PM
OK, here you go...I know you've been anxiously waiting for it :rolleyes:

Me and the GF at Graduation last weekend.

britboy
May 24, 2002, 07:56 PM
I love the flower necklaces rower! Did it have anything to do with Hawaii? :D

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 08:59 PM
I love the flower necklaces rower! Did it have anything to do with Hawaii? :D

Yup. Those are orchid leis.

My family and I lived in Hawai'i for 7 years, so leis have become a graduation tradition for us. :)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:52 PM

Congrats Rower, great to put a face to the name. So what are the plans now that you've graduated?

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 11:04 PM
Congrats Rower, great to put a face to the name. So what are the plans now that you've graduated?

I'm continuing my full-time work (on-campus tech), and then entering the Educational Technology Master's program in the fall...no rest for the wicked!

I'm going to take some time off in June to travel through Idaho/Montana and do some camping/fishing there, as well as Northern California with my parents.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:03 AM

you are one big kahuna.

not sure how much of a straightshooter you are though... hmm!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:04 AM

Not sure on that one. Its a future history movie, strange city-state-socialist society, under-achiever hero, weird character actors and some fanatasy thrown in. It might be best to save for you and you girlfriend or bothers.

das coo.... maybe tomorrow night. or maybe not.... i'm looking forward to it... booyah

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:07 AM
Well, I would have to say that we are an attractive bunch. In fact, we don't look like geeks at all. Now, the fact that we act like them, well, that is another story. I am having to reinstall everything on both my systems, so it will take a day or so before I can post my pic. Anyway...keep them coming.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:11 AM
you are one big kahuna.

not sure how much of a straightshooter you are though... hmm!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ha! You think the flowers are a little ambiguous?

It takes a real man to wear flowers comfortably...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I sure wish I could use more of those...

[edit: I'm 6'4" BTW...come get some! booyah!;) ]

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:19 AM

Ha! You think the flowers are a little ambiguous?

It takes a real man to wear flowers comfortably...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I sure wish I could use more of those...

[edit: I'm 6'4" BTW...come get some! booyah!;) ]

nah it's cool. back-dawg's got my back... dawg.

being under 6 foot, i'll just sit and watch and enjoy.. (he is probably packing heat).

check it check it. my bro has a "salmon" colored shirt...

salmon= pink. real man... right!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:23 AM

nah it's cool. back-dawg's got my back... dawg.

being under 6 foot, i'll just sit and watch and enjoy.. (he is probably packing heat).

check it check it. my bro has a "salmon" colored shirt...

salmon= pink. real man... right!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Man, that would be a heavy weight bout. Me at 6'6 275 and Rower at 6'4 ?lbs. There would be a lot of dust flying in the air on that one. You know what. As far as packing....na, I don't ever carry it anywhere. I only have it for home defense. On the street, I can handle myself just fine, it is the though of someone in my house that would call it out. But that is another thread.

Macette? Where are you?

Keep the pics coming.....

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:24 AM
Man, that would be a heavy weight bout. Me at 6'6 275 and Rower at 6'4 ?lbs. There would be a lot of dust flying in the air on that one. You know what. As far as packing....na, I don't ever carry it anywhere. I only have it for home defense. On the street, I can handle myself just fine, it is the though of someone in my house that would call it out. But that is another thread.

Macette? Where are you?

Keep the pics coming.....

what up now rower? what UP?!!

backdawg... you said you were 6'7?

please tell me you won't be 5'5 next week or me is gonna have to look into getting further protection from.... row-dog... word!

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:32 AM

what up now rower? what UP?!!

backdawg... you said you were 6'7?

please tell me you won't be 5'5 next week or me is gonna have to look into getting further protection from.... row-dog... word!

If I did it was a typo. When I graduated high school I was 5'7 and then by the end of my freshman year at college I was 6'4. When you are real tall, you will catch yourself slouching. So sometimes, if I am in boots, I look friggin huge, other times, barefooted, I look 6'3 or so. It all depends on the posture. I am 6'6 though. That is the only thing that I have in common with Michael Jordan. :D

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:34 AM
That would be quite a match...

In this corner, weighing in at 275 pounds, with a reach advantage due to his 6'7" height, and a feisty spirit thanks to his Cajun-Italian wife......BAAAAAAAACKTOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAAC!!!

And in this corner, weighing in at 260 pounds, with an agility advantage due to his 6'4" height, and a strategic advantage .....ROOOOOOOOOOWEEEEERRRR CEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEYUUUUUUUUUU!!

Actually I think it would be more fun to go after jello'...watch that little guy run!!! hehehe...:D :p

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:36 AM
That would be quite a match...

In this corner, weighing in at 275 pounds, with a reach advantage due to his 6'7" height, and a feisty spirit thanks to his Cajun-Italian wife......BAAAAAAAACKTOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAAC!!!

And in this corner, weighing in at 260 pounds, with an agility advantage due to his 6'4" height, and a strategic advantage .....ROOOOOOOOOOWEEEEERRRR CEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEYUUUUUUUUUU!!

Actually I think it would be more fun to go after jello'...watch that little guy run!!! hehehe...:D :p

i'd freaking sit here posting on macrumors wasting my life away as you beat me to death. i've redefined pathetic!

it's cool dough. after we had our nice long series of o.space lines.... i tink we'z down..... no dog?

yo dawg.

we'z all dogs up in hea!

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:38 AM

HA! Yea, but the only thing about chasing little guys is that it is hell on the knees, know what I mean. It is much more fun to just sucker them in, and then boom. See ya!

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:43 AM
Well, I'm off to bed now...the GF is a-callin' with that certain tone of voice...

I'm looking forward to seeing who else is brave enough to post a pic...

Maybe mc68k will join in...I can convince him, since I'm his boss. :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:45 AM
Well, I'm off to bed now...the GF is a-callin' with that certain tone of voice...

I'm looking forward to seeing who else is brave enough to post a pic...

Maybe mc68k will join in...I can convince him, since I'm his boss. :eek:

what the #$@#?!?!? this 3 ring circus was getting interesting. weak.

anyone can convince mc68k... he's weak!

backdawg'll cover me on him for sure..... and i bet rowdog will too... yeah? yeah!

my girlfriend fell asleep 2.5 hours ago... that's WEAK!

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:48 AM
my girlfriend fell asleep 2.5 hours ago... that's WEAK!

Hella weak!!!

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:48 AM

Hella weak!!!

what the %$#@? i'm from the east coast.

please explain

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:57 AM
what the %$#@? i'm from the east coast.

please explain

You mean, "hella" hasn't made it out there yet? Can I come live in NYC?!?!?

It's like in the new No Doubt song "Hella Good"...it means: really, really, really...ridiculously [insert adjective]

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 02:02 AM

You mean, "hella" hasn't made it out there yet? Can I come live in NYC?!?!?

It's like in the new No Doubt song "Hella Good"...it means: really, really, really...ridiculously [insert adjective]

oh yeah. that's made it out here. i just vomit when i hear it.... ha.

"good looking" sounds like a good insert for the line.

well it seems my craziness has upset some bigger dogs than i care to deal with. so i'm putting myself out of my misery

for now.

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 02:13 AM
well i now have lost the wind in my freakshow sails... so fine.

here you go.

edit: oh no you don't!

3rdpath
May 25, 2002, 02:29 AM

here you go.

what? no mullet?:D

krossfyter
May 25, 2002, 02:44 AM
jello spit one out! congrats.

so who said that about me and my color pics? whats that all about?

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 07:31 AM

what? no mullet?:D

i didn't have it in the pic..... i had a big rat tail

Mr. Anderson
May 25, 2002, 08:40 AM

here you go.

So a little late in arriving but its here, sorry to see no peircings.....

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 08:49 AM

So a little late in arriving but its here, sorry to see no peircings.....

ha. i have my tragi pierced... that little piece of cartilage right by the ear opening.

but it doesn't come out in the pic. i'll post one my girlfriend has when i scan it..

i look like a window washer at an intersection of nyc... aka, i look dirty. ha

Beej
May 25, 2002, 09:03 AM

And in this corner, weighing in at 260 pounds, with an agility advantage due to his 6'4" height, and a strategic advantage .....ROOOOOOOOOOWEEEEERRRR CEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEYUUUUUUUUUU!!My money is on Rower... to pull off an R_C win! Heh... that was lame... it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

britboy
May 25, 2002, 09:45 AM

here you go.

You look almost normal. Kind of dissapointing really, after the description you'd given earlier! I know you're a 'good' catholic, but you could at least have something shocking to make for good conversations with your parents :p

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 11:21 AM

You look almost normal. Kind of dissapointing really, after the description you'd given earlier! I know you're a 'good' catholic, but you could at least have something shocking to make for good conversations with your parents :p

my parents didn't seem to care much when i got my ears pierced. my mom said "eww, that looks like it hurts"... haha

sorry to be a letdown.... :rolleyes: