Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumorsun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
I just bought an IPhone and I love it.
I know it doesn't support Bluetooth Stereo, but when I go to the gym, I want to put the Iphone down on the treadmill shelf and listen to my music without wires.
Or, I want to watch movies on airplanes without wires.

Are there any headphones or accessories that allow this?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
There is a bluetooth dock adapter that allows for AD2P on the iPhone. The INFINXX AP23 is the one I see talked about the most, but a quick Google Search will yield results.

TEG

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
Sure I will although I don't get them in hand until 2nd september coz I'm in India and right now its shipping to a relative in the states who in turn will hand it to me on the 2nd...but from the reviews I gather its pretty good...

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
Jaybird JB-200 Bluetooth Stereo Headset and iPod/iPhone Adapter

Hi

I finally received the Jaybird headset and the ipod adapter. I don't have an iPhone yet but I tried the headset with my bluetooth sony phone and also the iPod Nano 3G. It's absolutely great. The clarity is impressive for me but it is my first bluetooth headset so can't compare. I couldn't hear much of the outside world with the headset on so had to keep the volume really low for that.

The iPod earphones never fitted my ears and I'm really glad the Jaybird had extra ear tips and now I have a perfect set of earphones. The Jaybird is light and after a while I didn't feel it in my ears.

I asked people after I spoke to them if they realized I was on a headset and they said no. I'm impressed with the call quality while using this headset. I sometimes find it hard to hear while on my phone but that isn't the case anymore.

The cutout isn't bad for me. After about 10-12 feet I experienced it and that too maybe cause there were brick walls around me.

Overall I'm happy so far. Battery life is something I'm not sure about yet. Need to use it more to decide.

This is a great option for those looking to exercise and listen to music without the pains of a wired headset.

gray67

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
Just an FYI on the jaybirds. I noticed that they did not work very well for people who wear glasses, especially if you have frames with thick/wide arms. it's why I returned mine. just something to keep in mind and your mileage may vary.

oh and finding cases that are big enough to hold the phone and the dongle are a constant pain in the ass. I'm always worried the dongle is going to break in the dock connector slot and leave me with a nice brick.

ishopukisfake

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Yes there is a very expensive £60 here, bluetooth earpiece with mic at the apple store. I used think this was really cool, and considered buying it when I got an iphone, but on further reflection, and reading some negative reviews, about battery life and such, I decided not to. Very expensive and I think it would be annoying to use for music only in one ear.
Maybe if they brought out an ear piece for each ear, at the same price - I think that would be cool, might go for it then.

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
thanks for the review. I just ordered these on amazon, and am ecstatic about trying them out. I'm so fearful that I'm going to destroy my iPhone on the tread mill.

Hi

I finally received the Jaybird headset and the ipod adapter. I don't have an iPhone yet but I tried the headset with my bluetooth sony phone and also the iPod Nano 3G. It's absolutely great. The clarity is impressive for me but it is my first bluetooth headset so can't compare. I couldn't hear much of the outside world with the headset on so had to keep the volume really low for that.

The iPod earphones never fitted my ears and I'm really glad the Jaybird had extra ear tips and now I have a perfect set of earphones. The Jaybird is light and after a while I didn't feel it in my ears.

I asked people after I spoke to them if they realized I was on a headset and they said no. I'm impressed with the call quality while using this headset. I sometimes find it hard to hear while on my phone but that isn't the case anymore.

The cutout isn't bad for me. After about 10-12 feet I experienced it and that too maybe cause there were brick walls around me.

Overall I'm happy so far. Battery life is something I'm not sure about yet. Need to use it more to decide.

This is a great option for those looking to exercise and listen to music without the pains of a wired headset.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Any update review

I'm about to pull the trigger on this one. I'm tired of constantly moving and worrying about the headphones wires getting caught on the equipment.

Any long term reviews so far? Are you happy with this and still works fine with the latest iPhone firmware?

Appreciate the responses.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
*bump*

With the recent preview of the 3.0 OS, and Bluetooth stereo has finally been fulfilled, any updates/reviews for the Jaybird? Or any experiences with it that you guys here at MR would like to share. I'm eager to get one for the summer release of 3.0

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
*bump*

With the recent preview of the 3.0 OS, and Bluetooth stereo has finally been fulfilled, any updates/reviews for the Jaybird? Or any experiences with it that you guys here at MR would like to share. I'm eager to get one for the summer release of 3.0

Agreed. Glad I held of on than purchase a bit. I want full support for calls and iPod on the BT headset. Can't wait to get this puppy. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.