PDA

View Full Version : arn and dukestreet

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:53 AM
i see there is going to be a new forum of some sort, right here under the community forums.

it is "TBA" with dukestreet listed as the moderator....

i'm very curious as to what duke and arn have up their sleeves...

looks like duke is starting to throw more weight around here.... eye is gonna freak out. that paranoid smiley man...

anyone have theories as to what it is?

britboy
May 24, 2002, 08:55 AM
I'm sure if we're patient it will be made public what that's about. No doubt something good, if arn and duke are putting their heads together on this one.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 08:56 AM
I also noticed that on the main forums page if dukestreet is browsing the forums or such, his name is bold, just like arn or blakespot. Although I still think he is a demi-G and a moderator, not an almighty of the forums just yet.

I am not sure exactly what this TBA deal is. But I am pretty sure it would be interesting.

Fear the King.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 08:59 AM
yeah, we'll find out with time. i just figured, may as well spark up some ideas and see if anyone had heard anything... i mean, we'll learn about apple's future plans with time, right, yet we still keep coming here to find out a month, week, day ahead of time... :p

his name has been bold? man... duke must be on his way to the top.

let's hope the power doesn't get to his head... haha.

arn
May 24, 2002, 09:00 AM
heh... :) Now we're talking about rumors about macrumors.com?

it's nothing wild and amazing... don't get your hopes up. :)

arn

britboy
May 24, 2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by arn

it's nothing wild and amazing... don't get your hopes up. :)

arn

awww. Don't spoil the fun for 'em!:)

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by britboy

awww. Don't spoil the fun for 'em!:)

i love how you detach yourself from it all.... for for "'em"???? come on now! you want to know what's up too. otherwise you wouldnt be posting in this thread!

haha. i am counting the seconds until it's unveiled.... ohh man. i feel like i'm at a tom jones concert. people are tossing their underwear at duke and arn up on stage from left and right.... ahhhhhh!

britboy
May 24, 2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

i love how you detach yourself from it all.... for for "'em"???? come on now! you want to know what's up too. otherwise you wouldnt be posting in this thread!

He he he, don't you just love word games? :p

haha. i am counting the seconds until it's unveiled.... ohh man. i feel like i'm at a tom jones concert. people are tossing their underwear at duke and arn up on stage from left and right.... ahhhhhh!

ewww, that's scary! I'm glad i'm not up on stage with the two of them.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:13 AM

He he he, don't you just love word games? :p

ewww, that's scary! I'm glad i'm not up on stage with the two of them.

indeed. you thought we americans' knowledge of the english language (or lack thereof) would allow you to slip that one by me/us!! never!

yeah me too.. they seem to like it up there though. i can just imagine them two up on stage doing karaoke to "it's not unusual" and swinging their hips and doing all that type of tom jonesy stuff...

that's cute. they should at least webcast it though eh? ha

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 09:15 AM
Jello, be patient. This will be worth it in the end. Its Christmas Eve here at Macrumors, and your under the tree shaking the presents. :D Seriously, I think it will all be worth the wait.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Jello, be patient. This will be worth it in the end. Its Christmas Eve here at Macrumors, and your under the tree shaking the presents. :D Seriously, I think it will all be worth the wait.

who said i'm not patient backdawg? i'm the new tiger.... patience is my freaking middle name.. haha.

actually, i just got up (earlier than i wanted to) and can't sleep so i am bored. and don't feel like doing anything yet.

i am not usually up this early so i'm just learning that things don't start around here this early... when i get up normally, eye and duke have like 50000000000000 threads going like wild fires....

i'm just bored. :rolleyes:

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 09:27 AM

who said i'm not patient backdawg? i'm the new tiger.... patience is my freaking middle name.. haha.

actually, i just got up (earlier than i wanted to) and can't sleep so i am bored. and don't feel like doing anything yet.

i am not usually up this early so i'm just learning that things don't start around here this early... when i get up normally, eye and duke have like 50000000000000 threads going like wild fires....

i'm just bored. :rolleyes:

Amen, I was up last night until four doing NT Server maintenance. :(
You know it reaches a poing where you just want to kick Bill Gates right in the teeth. That is the only way to describe how I feel right now. Yea, I think the new forum will be cool. Now we have to cough up the 35$ so that we can get out mugs, and our status, and *crying* access to the secret threads.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:31 AM
Amen, I was up last night until four doing NT Server maintenance. :(
You know it reaches a poing where you just want to kick Bill Gates right in the teeth. That is the only way to describe how I feel right now. Yea, I think the new forum will be cool. Now we have to cough up the 35$ so that we can get out mugs, and our status, and *crying* access to the secret threads.

well... the new one doesn't seem like it'll be a secret one... i think it will be a forum specifically for duke and eye to (pardon this pun)... duke it out... haha. right.

once i get the job, 35 will come up from me. and then jefhatfield will see "if that slacker piece of crap paid, then i guess i should"... haha

ooooooh... the man himself is about to speak!

Beej
May 24, 2002, 09:31 AM
It feels soooo good to know exactly what's going on. If you buy your Demi-Godliness, you can find out before everyone else!

He he... shameless plug... :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Beej
It feels soooo good to know exactly what's going on. If you buy your Demi-Godliness, you can find out before everyone else!

haha. as i've said.... once i get that job.

glad this all has made you feel important. as it's entertained me for a bit while i put off cleaning up my room.... so it's worked at least twofold... ha

britboy
May 24, 2002, 09:33 AM

awww beej. I was enjoying playing around with jello!

Sorry about that jello :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:34 AM

Sorry about that jello :D

haha. it's cool. at least it's keeping me busy and helping me waste time. that's all i can ask for from anyone here... help me waste time more efficiently.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 09:35 AM
i'm very curious as to what duke and arn have up their sleeves...

All will be made apparent soon, my young padawan learner!

Relax, ok, and like B2TM said, stop shaking the presents. Remember a couple or 40 threads ago about ideas and my coming up with more than I can ever use? Well, one of them actually turned out to be a somewhat decent one, imagine that. So go find something to distract you and stop trying to cause needles hype, it will end up getting blown out of proportion and be a big let down when you finally see what it is. ok?

D

Beej
May 24, 2002, 09:37 AM

Sorry about that jello :D Sorry man. I had to put him out of his misery. It was like watching a cat playing with a mouse... you just have to put the mouse out of it's misery. :D

Plus, it was also done for the sake of a shameless plug. :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
All will be made apparent soon, my young padawan learner!

Relax, ok, and like B2TM said, stop shaking the presents. Remember a couple or 40 threads ago about ideas and my coming up with more than I can ever use? Well, one of them actually turned out to be a somewhat decent one, imagine that. So go find something to distract you and stop trying to cause needles hype, it will end up getting blown out of proportion and be a big let down when you finally see what it is. ok?

wait a second, is my dad downstairs or did he just post a message to me on macrumors? i'm confused.... :p

there's nothing much else to distract me. :o

don't get me wrong. it probably will suck. but that doesn't mean i can't joke around about it in the meantime. :eek:

ps: beej, i am not in any misery. i'm just tired. does that count?

Beej
May 24, 2002, 09:41 AM
So go find something to distract you and stop trying to cause needles hype, it will end up getting blown out of proportion and be a big let down when you finally see what it is. ok?Aw, you're so modest Duke. C'mon man, it's only going to be the biggest thing that's ever happened here! Give yourself some credit!

Oh wait, I'm hyping it too much, so you're all going to be let down. Ah damn...

OK, everyone just forget about it... it's really not that interesting. actually it's quite dull and boring. Twiddling your thumbs would be more interesting. So go do that instead. OK?

OK. Good. :D

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 09:42 AM

wait a second, is my dad downstairs or did he just post a message to me on macrumors? i'm confused.... :p

Actually Jello, there is something that I have to tell you..........

.........I am your father.........
;)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 09:43 AM

Plus, it was also done for the sake of a shameless plug. :D

It might have been shameless, but it was still for a good cause. It might actually get jefhatfield to pay up. He was getting a little bent out of shape in that other thread where you were taunting him about all the fun we have in the Private Forum.

beej, the MacRumors mascot and fundraiser!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:45 AM

;)

so why am i only 5'10? mom's genes screwed me out of some height pops!

does that mean i have native american in me????? sweet! now my hatred of columbus and those other people can be more qualified. whoohoo!

funny how this has blown up. i just was here mostly alone earlier and thought i'd say something for kicks to amuse myself. and kicks it has provided indeed!

Backtothemac
May 24, 2002, 09:50 AM

does that mean i have native american in me????? sweet! now my hatred of columbus and those other people can be more qualified. whoohoo!

funny how this has blown up. i just was here mostly alone earlier and thought i'd say something for kicks to amuse myself. and kicks it has provided indeed!

he, he...
Yea, isn't it good to know that you a cultural reason to hate something. It is quite invigorating. Yea, don't worry about the thread, but I can tell you that it will be cool, it will be fun, and it will be worth the wait. So, that being said, lets just move over to the Macs and politics thread and get that puppy to 1,000 posts of pure Mac Freak political satire, and intelligence. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 09:51 AM

;)

well at least he didn't ad

.....and your brother......

It would account for the lack of height, though.....

Beej
May 24, 2002, 09:51 AM

Heh... she's not your mum! :D

--

D - me? MacRumors mascot? You think? If you think that now, you won't after you see my pic in the 'macs and their users' thread! :D

But the MR Fund Raiser? Maybe...!

Everyone pay up or I'll open a can of Alpha's Whoop-@ss on you all!†

How was that? Do you think I've convinced anyone? And what was that Jello was saying about me not being subtle? I don't know where he got that idea! :D

†If he'll let me borrow one...

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:54 AM
he, he...
Yea, isn't it good to know that you a cultural reason to hate something. It is quite invigorating. Yea, don't worry about the thread, but I can tell you that it will be cool, it will be fun, and it will be worth the wait. So, that being said, lets just move over to the Macs and politics thread and get that puppy to 1,000 posts of pure Mac Freak political satire, and intelligence. :D

i'm not worried much about the thread, i find it amusing that so many people think i'm kinda sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation, when really i was just bored!

"the joke's on me"

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 09:55 AM
I cannot confirm that I know what is going to happen...

not can I deny an allegations...

there... :D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 09:58 AM
well at least he didn't ad

.....and your brother......

It would account for the lack of height, though.....

indeed it would. and it wouldn't surprise me much, in the area i live in..... hmmmm

Originally posted by beej (the macrumors mascot)
Heh... she's not your mum!

If you think that now, you won't after you see my pic in the 'macs and their users' thread!

Everyone pay up or I'll open a can of Alpha's Whoop-@ss on you all!†

How was that? Do you think I've convinced anyone? And what was that Jello was saying about me not being subtle? I don't know where he got that idea!

what the? she's not my what??? :D

i agree, you're too freakish looking for a mascot. then again, i haven't really seen anyone on here who would fit the part... hmm

i'm not going to be much swayed by some internet "whoop-ass".... sorry.

i will however, support the site cause i like it and arn deserves it.

beej- subtlty is a gift which you clearly..... don't have.

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:02 AM
what the? she's not my what??? :D
Please excuse my non-Americaness. Colour. Organise. Sulphur. So there! :p

beej- subtlty is a gift which you clearly..... don't have.
Well, not at MacRumors! It's strange, I tend to be a pretty subtle person... just not here.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:04 AM
i agree, you're too freakish looking for a mascot. then again, i haven't really seen anyone on here who would fit the part... hmm

Yep, i agree too after seeing it, oh well. Not going to be the MacRumors Poster Child, think you can live through it?

Jello, you going to post your illustrated man shot?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:05 AM

Please excuse my non-Americaness. Colour. Organise. Sulphur. So there! :p

Well, not at MacRumors! It's strange, I tend to be a pretty subtle person... just not here.

it's hella kool yo. what do you mean by non-americanness though? after all, as an american i thought everyone wanted to be just like us (heavy sarcasm).... maybe this should be in the politics thread. haha

sure you're subtle.... and on macrumors, you're also a great.... liar!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:06 AM
Yep, i agree too after seeing it, oh well. Not going to be the MacRumors Poster Child, think you can live through it?

Jello, you going to post your illustrated man shot?

punch me in the face and call me becky.... but what are you referring to? illustrated man shot?

throw me a frickin bone here. :)

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:07 AM

Yep, i agree too after seeing it, oh well. Not going to be the MacRumors Poster Child, think you can live through it?I'm not sure I can! :(

I'll have to find a more recent shot... possibly wearing jeans, no shirt, with the band around the top of my underwear showing. Do you think that would do the job? ;)

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:08 AM

punch me in the face and call me becky.... but what are you referring to? illustrated man shot?

throw me a frickin bone here. :) He's talking about posting a picture of yourself in the 'macs and their users' thread...

Heh, wait, I just realised... a Dr. Evil reference! So you really are evil! (There's a lot of cross-thread references happening tonight, isn't there...)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure I can! :(

I'll have to find a more recent shot... possibly wearing jeans, no shirt, with the band around the top of my underwear showing. Do you think that would do the job? ;)

Maybe if you did that at your computer while posting at MacRumors, with a cigarette in your mouth and animate it with some fake smoke.....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:13 AM
He's talking about posting a picture of yourself in the 'macs and their users' thread...

Heh, wait, I just realised... a Dr. Evil reference! So you really are evil! (There's a lot of cross-thread references happening tonight, isn't there...)

are you sure that's what he means? illustrated man shot sounds like a weird way of putting it...

haha. indeed it was. i'm not even huge on that movie, but it is pretty dang funny.

and yes. evilness runs deep in my blood!!!!! cross threads gets confusing. :rolleyes:

Beej
May 24, 2002, 10:15 AM

Maybe if you did that at your computer while posting at MacRumors, with a cigarette in your mouth and animate it with some fake smoke..... Hmmm, perhaps that could be my next 'tar... hardcore beej... mwhahahaha!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:23 AM

i'm covered from head to toe in tats.

8 piercings in one ear and 5 in the other.

2 in the nose.

only one lip, but plan to change that.

i shaved my hair in a friar tuck style... with the top bald and a ring around it. the ring of hair is dyed bright green.

and i dyed my beard blue after bleaching it.

This was your post in the think different forum, just giving you crap, is all....

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:28 AM
This was your post in the think different forum, just giving you crap, is all....

so a person cannot express themselves through body art??? oh man.

i better bust out the laser and get rid of this stuff...

in the meantime, i will see if i have a decent enough picture... hmmmmmm.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:33 AM

so a person cannot express themselves through body art??? oh man.

You fail miserably, you know that. And you call yourself a film student.....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0064473

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 10:43 AM
You fail miserably, you know that. And you call yourself a film student.....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0064473

wow. now we're getting harsh...

i never said i was a good film student. in fact, i'm terrible when it comes to films. get this, i didn't really enjoy citizen kane! what the %#$#@?

oh well, i'll live without it.

"Don't dare stare at the illustrated man."

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:29 PM
i never said i was a good film student. in fact, i'm terrible when it comes to films. get this, i didn't really enjoy citizen kane!

I'm not all that partial to it either. But it was good for a FG name, Citizen Novacaine....

What is your favorite movie?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:32 PM

I'm not all that partial to it either. But it was good for a FG name, Citizen Novacaine....

What is your favorite movie?

haha. good name.... see the movie "novocaine" with steve martin. it's intersting.

i'd have to say bottle rocket. given its budget, scope, etc.... amazing. dignan rules!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:38 PM

i'd have to say bottle rocket. given its budget, scope, etc.... amazing. dignan rules!

Yeah, it is good, I'll have to rent that, maybe on Sunday, haven't seen it in a while. I don't have any one favorite, but I think this was already discussed in another thread.....