PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with photoshop...

alxths
Jan 11, 2004, 05:16 PM
I spent a little time making this sig pic in photoshop, only to later realize that we can't have pics in our sigs here.. So, I just thought I'd show it off here in all it's glory whilst starting a thread for posting cool/funny pics you've made with photoshop..

http://members.rogers.com/alextheus/comm.jpg

kettle
Jan 11, 2004, 05:26 PM
Cool, but there isn't as much fun as one might hope for living under a communist regime.

If a hammer and sickle comes anywhere near my Mac, it's gonna get a long walk off a short pier.

neut
Jan 11, 2004, 06:12 PM
what does the military have to do with communism?

i think you've misunderstood. you are showing two dictators and and one capitalist.

peace.

alxths
Jan 11, 2004, 06:27 PM
It's just a silly picture, not a political science essay.

Hehe, yeah I know, communism is all hype, but the propoganda is funny :D

Independence
Jan 11, 2004, 06:55 PM
I did something in Photoshop a while back. Here it is. :)

neut
Jan 11, 2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by alxths
It's just a silly picture, not a political science essay.

Hehe, yeah I know, communism is all hype, but the propoganda is funny :D

sorry, i just fail to see the humor.

Communism is about a national community taking care of each other without the need for a capital economy (no mass military is necessary)...this has only existed in small hippie like communes and was the basis of many primitive social societies.

...although the image does make steve look like like he has something up his ass and bill looks like he's glad to have something up his ass. ;)

peace.

alxths
Jan 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
Well it wasn't necessarly meant as a joke, just something different to have in my sig. I've always thought that comparing macs to pcs is sort of like comparing capitalism to communism in that pcs thrive because of the more lessez faire way of the industry, and macs work more effeciently because so much is controlled by apple.

Within the general public's perception of communism here in the west, it is typically associated with military dicatorships... regardless of what marx had intended. Also, usually when there's a revolution, armed force is involved..

Ahhh, borg... it's hard to imagein steve balmer as a borg after seeing him jump around on stage..

neut
Jan 11, 2004, 07:26 PM
Well it wasn't necessarly meant as a joke, just something different to have in my sig. <snip>Within the general public's perception of communism here in the west, it is typically associated with military dicatorships... regardless of what marx had intended.

<snip>...it's hard to imagein steve balmer as a borg after seeing him jump around on stage..

yeah, capitalism has turned communism into a bad word (or a bad apple?).

balmer is a retard...

peace.

btw- shooting people isn't very revolutionary...it's been done before. ;)

P-Worm
Jan 11, 2004, 08:47 PM
My site's forum had a Photoshop contest with OWN3D as the theme. Here's what emerged.

OWN3D? (http://www.p-worm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241)

P-Worm

LethalWolfe
Jan 11, 2004, 09:00 PM
Well it wasn't necessarly meant as a joke, just something different to have in my sig. I've always thought that comparing macs to pcs is sort of like comparing capitalism to communism in that pcs thrive because of the more lessez faire way of the industry, and macs work more effeciently because so much is controlled by apple.

I think your comparison<sp?> still misses the mark. In this situation I think open source software, such as Linux, and freeware would be the communists of the computer world. Not Apple.

Lethal

jeff.macaddict
Jan 12, 2004, 11:08 AM
How 'bout this?

themadchemist
Jan 12, 2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jeff.macaddict
How 'bout this?

niiiice