PDA

View Full Version : dukestreet & jelloshotsrule

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 11:38 AM
it seems that these 2 guys are the ones who are dominating every single Community Discussion thread lately...

I've found that I'll post to a thread...maybe even 2 or 3 times....and when I return after an hour or so the entire thread is filled with back & forth discussion between the 2...

I think we should dedicate a forum for them so they can gab...he he he :D

britboy
May 24, 2002, 11:41 AM
he he he, being a little cheeky aren't we eye? ;)

At least they're having a good chat...

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
it seems that these 2 guys are the ones who are dominating every single Community Discussion thread lately...

I've found that I'll post to a thread...maybe even 2 or 3 times....and when I return after an hour or so the entire thread is filled with back & forth discussion between the 2...

I think we should dedicate a forum for them so they can gab...he he he :D

i like poking fun at duke, and he's such a sour old man that he likes to make fun of me for being a lazy, dumb, naive kid.... so it works.

i don't much care if we have a thread for us or not. but i'm curious to see what sort of humble way he'll respond to the idea. ha.

Macmaniac
May 24, 2002, 11:44 AM
Well thier tactics seem to work in increasing thier post counts, I usually only post once in a thread. I guess I have to learn to discuss things more.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Well thier tactics seem to work in increasing thier post counts, I usually only post once in a thread. I guess I have to learn to discuss things more.

what "tactics" are you talking about? oh you mean conversing and talking and joking around and discussing various topics, ideas, etc?

that is a crazy tactic, for this "discussion" forum.

post counts. i mean. i don't get it. who gives a rat's ass? most of us don't even know each other outside of here. does it even come close to mattering in anything how many times they've posted on here?

and anyways, the smarter people have less posts, cause they waste less of their lives away with this place... in my opinion. i just wish i could pull my sorry ass away... ha

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by britboy
he he he, being a little cheeky aren't we eye? ;)

At least they're having a good chat...

he he he....well...I am feeling a bit....outspoken today I suppose...

I'm not flaming by any stretch...I'm more making fun out of it... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:16 PM
Hey, come on now, I've got 3 thread's with my name in it, this is getting rediculous! I've been planning on changing my name, it might be a good thing at this rate.

So eye, you can't find enough to talk about without starting another silly thread? Sheesh.

So what's the topic of discussion this time, jello? You're girlfriend going to let you play on MR while she's visiting? I hope you find something better to do......:D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Hey, come on now, I've got 3 thread's with my name in it, this is getting rediculous! I've been planning on changing my name, it might be a good thing at this rate.

So eye, you can't find enough to talk about without starting another silly thread? Sheesh.

So what's the topic of discussion this time, jello? You're girlfriend going to let you play on MR while she's visiting? I hope you find something better to do......:D

i didn't want to flat out attack eye for starting yet another duke thread. i think he's got duke infatuation. ha

hmm.... i am a good catholic remember. hehe. we're gonna golf alot. maybe we'll hit up the apple store. she's never been to one... so no time like the present, eh? haha.

i won't be posting on here much if at all.... here's a bit of food for thought though. apple has had kinda big announcements/events for 3 straight weeks (maybe more?). wwdc. xserve. ibooks....

so, what's on tap for next week? hehe...

seriously though, i'm so pumped about the company popping out new things all over the place..... quite fun to watch/talk about....

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:24 PM
What store you going to hit, Tysons?

I'm going to Charlotteville and Monticello tomorrow, so I'll be out of the aciton as well. Need to give everyone else a chance, now don't we.

And I wasn't busting on eye (too much), all these threads, you don't want them to go to my head, now do you?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 12:30 PM
What store you going to hit, Tysons?

I'm going to Charlotteville and Monticello tomorrow, so I'll be out of the aciton as well. Need to give everyone else a chance, now don't we.

And I wasn't busting on eye (too much), all these threads, you don't want them to go to my head, now do you?

not sure if we will or not. but if we do, yeah, tysons... i need to get my bro to buy a tibook already...

enjoy the sightseeing.... or whatever you'll be doing... sounds fun. i remember my trips there as a kid... hmmm. not all that exciting actually. ha.

of course not... and yeah, he needs time to catch up... this weekend he'll probably get like 500 posts... ha... ahh... who cares. hmm

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 12:39 PM
[B]So eye, you can't find enough to talk about without starting another silly thread? Sheesh.

ha ha ha!!! :D

I just cannot keep up lately...things have been completely ********* at work...no time for much posting at this point...

but I thought...if I can't beat 'em...join 'em...he he he

and no worries...once jefhatfield dedicated an entire thread to to find out about me... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 12:42 PM

and no worries...once jefhatfield dedicated an entire thread to to find out about me... ;)

Oh, I'm far from worried, I'm just giving you some crap. So was this the 'Save Eyelikeart' thread or are we talking about a totally different one?

iGav
May 24, 2002, 12:49 PM

ha ha ha!!! :D

I just cannot keep up lately...things have been completely ********* at work...no time for much posting at this point...

I know how you feel eye..... I've got a similar thing here....... :( not been around on the forums for days.......

Anyway what's going on here anyway??? are things getting alittle heated??

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 12:50 PM

Oh, I'm far from worried, I'm just giving you some crap. So was this the 'Save Eyelikeart' thread or are we talking about a totally different one?

hmm...I forgot how the "Save Eyelikeart" campaign even launched...but it did put a huge smile on my face...one of the funniest things I'd seen here... :D

I think this one was about 6 months ago maybe?? I could search for it...but I do not have the time to get it all straight...

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by iGAV

I know how you feel eye..... I've got a similar thing here....... :( not been around on the forums for days.......

yeah...it's called disorderly mayhem...they keep giving me too much ****** to do...and I'm to the point where I cannot get the work out anymore...

I think I'm going into hiding after today is over... :eek: ;)

iGav
May 24, 2002, 01:07 PM

yeah...it's called disorderly mayhem...they keep giving me too much ****** to do...and I'm to the point where I cannot get the work out anymore...

I think I'm going into hiding after today is over... :eek: ;)

heh heh..... don't you just love work!!

The forums have gone mental in the few days since I was last here!! I hate missing out!!

Seems like everythings been turbocharged!!

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 01:11 PM

Seems like everythings been turbocharged!!

Last night was crazy, I was going to go see SW again and I had to get in a couple extra posts, too much happening. But its fun.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 01:17 PM

heh heh..... don't you just love work!!

don't even get me started... :(

I just need a vacation from everything

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 01:22 PM

Well, it is a long weekend, you have a new car, get in it and drive somewhere and get out of the city.......

britboy
May 24, 2002, 01:22 PM

Particularly from macrumors :p

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 01:24 PM

Well, it is a long weekend, you have a new car, get in it and drive somewhere and get out of the city.......

no kidding...I'm supposed to head out to Destin, FL next weekend...

I wish I could move it up to this weekend...

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by britboy
Particularly from macrumors :p

I'm starting think that some myself. Since I won't be around tomorrow and most of Sunday, it should be a nice break. As long as I don't find a coffee shop with a free internet connection - which happened to me at the beach last month, not a good thing, no.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 02:16 PM
[i]OAs long as I don't find a coffee shop with a free internet connection - which happened to me at the beach last month, not a good thing, no. [/B]

there are a few of those around here....dial up...kinda sucks...but then again...it's a connection...

I try not to do it though...I know I'll never leave if I do...he he he ;)

iGav
May 24, 2002, 02:20 PM

don't even get me started... :(

I share your pain........ I need to get away as well....... :( I'm considering a long weekend break soon maybe Iceland or Finland, somewhere different... Scandinavia**maybe...... I understand that the mountain biking is outrageously good around there!!

Not sure if you've seen this website eye, but I know you like your photography.......

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/features/onTheRoad/home/index.shtml

Cool concept..... I'd love to do something similar but with DV........ I'm in the middle of editing my own short film, with the footage I took whilst driving up the Pacific coast to seattle a couple of years back...... it keeps me sane and creative and is the perfect counterpoint to my commercial/corporate work!! I'm working on the juxtaposition of typography and motion within the film at the moment! and how it can reflect what I was thinking and feeling at the time of the journey!!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 04:50 PM

duke and eye have been at each others' throats so i had to come in and reluctantly play the role of here by pulling em apart.

duke's letting his power go to his head and eye's getting so caught up in staying ahead that he posts like an animal, slobbering on himself and the like. much like a rabid dog... it's quite scary. i figured we should try to save them both before.... putting one or both down....

(oh yes, for those without a sense of humor, or who aren't freaks like me... that was all a joke.. duke is a humble guy and eye is such a smiler... so blah. i hate having to qualify so as not to make too big of waves blah)

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 05:05 PM
wow! I leave my home for a few hours and come back to this! amazing!

remember earlier when I was saying how geeky ya'll are? well.....read all previous posts.

HAHAHAHAHA:p :D

not that I'm any better....:(

And jello....that last post cracked me up...I havent laughed out loud from a post since the mullet pics...

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
(oh yes, for those without a sense of humor, or who aren't freaks like me... that was all a joke.. duke is a humble guy and eye is such a smiler... so blah. i hate having to qualify so as not to make too big of waves blah)

You do it so often you should just use a * and put a small definition in your sig, maybe even something like *implied sarcasm then you would have to keep explaining to people....

blah!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
wow! I leave my home for a few hours and come back to this! amazing!

remember earlier when I was saying how geeky ya'll are? well.....read all previous posts.

HAHAHAHAHA:p :D

not that I'm any better....:(

And jello....that last post cracked me up...I havent laughed out loud from a post since the mullet pics...

yeah, well i just got back from golfing... it's coincidence. please don't think that i've been here all day... pleeeeease!

though it wouldn't be a first time.

as for the last post.... that's what the idea was. laughter. but i hate that i have to put a disclaimer on it to avoid getting bad vibes... oh well. comes with the comedic territory.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 05:11 PM

as for the last post.... that's what the idea was. laughter. but i hate that i have to put a disclaimer on it to avoid getting bad vibes... oh well. comes with the comedic territory.

I think you're worrying about it too much. If anyone was going to get offended it would be me or eye, and you know that won't happen. relax, man.

Your girlfriend there yet?

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 05:11 PM
dude, forget the disclaimer....

I think its funnier if people get up in arms about it :D

Maybe there should be a "sarcasm" smiley...there is that empty smiley box.....Arn?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:16 PM

I think you're worrying about it too much. If anyone was going to get offended it would be me or eye, and you know that won't happen. relax, man.

Your girlfriend there yet?

i think eye's paranoia is rubbing off on me... what the $#%@?

she's not here. and she missed her train. so she's coming in an hour later than expected.... now there's a what the #$#@#%#? for you to take to the bank!

ps. duke. i can not always tell if you get offended or not. from now on though... i knizow.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:16 PM
dude, forget the disclaimer....

I think its funnier if people get up in arms about it :D

Maybe there should be a "sarcasm" smiley...there is that empty smiley box.....Arn?

yeah, i agree, but remember we're the youngins here. we don't wanna get these old folks halfway in the grave with the heads in a handbasket alll worked up...

or do we.

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 05:21 PM

ps. duke. i can not always tell if you get offended or not. from now on though... i knizow.

HAHAHAHA! take that..... "knizow"

Ha! caught you in a typo....a dose of your own medicine...hehe :D

And dude, we ain't the youngins here...there's a bunch of high school kids here...

At least we're towards the end of our higher education :cool:

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:24 PM
HAHAHAHA! take that..... "knizow"

Ha! caught you in a typo....a dose of your own medicine...hehe :D

And dude, we ain't the youngins here...there's a bunch of high school kids here...

At least we're towards the end of our higher education :cool:

glad i made you laugh fellow end of higher educationer...

but if you're saying that "knizow" is a typo... then you are WRIZONG biatch!

take that to the freaking rack....

whoop de whoop!

shove those meds up your "fanny"! (that's for my uk boys/girls in the house)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 05:27 PM
whoop de whoop!

Now I do think you're getting a little silly. And it would take a lot for you to get me worked up over something here. I'd not even believe you were serious at first, no doubt.

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 05:29 PM

glad i made you laugh fellow end of higher educationer...

but if you're saying that "knizow" is a typo... then you are WRIZONG biatch!

take that to the freaking rack....

whoop de whoop!

Either your GF needs to get her ass over to you NOW

or you really gotta get out more...

Hmm....the Jelloshotsrule get out more campaign...:D

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:29 PM
Now I do think you're getting a little silly. And it would take a lot for you to get me worked up over something here. I'd not even believe you were serious at first, no doubt.

sweetness...... walter payton in full effect. he was... sweetness to the extreme.

i get silly sometimes. usually late at night. sometimes after a few or 20 beers.... depends.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:30 PM
Either your GF needs to get her ass over to you NOW

or you really gotta get out more...

Hmm....the Jelloshotsrule get out more campaign...:D

if i'm creating a few smiles, it's all good.... and i know you said you laughed at least once. so it's defly all good.

in the meantime... more than just me needs to get out more...

can i head up my own campaign?

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 05:42 PM

FYI, there already is a sarcasm smiley.

Use the roll-eyes.

I can already see that the words being tossed back and forth with jelloshotsrule, dukestreet and teabags are on a knife's edge, which makes them rather difficult to read. :rolleyes: - Clive Anderson.

Fear the King.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra

Use the roll-eyes.

I can already see that the words being tossed back and forth with jelloshotsrule, dukestreet and teabags are on a knife's edge, which makes them rather difficult to read. :rolleyes: - Clive Anderson.

rolling the eyes is not really sarcasm.. but yeah it could work.

haha. nice quote. clive anderson is one silly wanker!

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 05:56 PM
If you click on smilies near the forum rules, rolleyes is "defined", if you will, as being sarcastic.

I like Clive Anderson so much, along with his versions of Whose Line. He is probably the best person to host that show, with the accent and instant jokes. I have like 4 hours' worth of his episodes.

Fear the King.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 05:59 PM
If you click on smilies near the forum rules, rolleyes is "defined", if you will, as being sarcastic.

I like Clive Anderson so much, along with his versions of Whose Line. He is probably the best person to host that show, with the accent and instant jokes. I have like 4 hours' worth of his episodes.

dude. definitions don't always work out in da real world... booyah!

yeah, he's better than drew carey. but drew's such a tub of crap...

he looks like a turd so it's funny to see people make fun of him for it on his own show.

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 06:07 PM
dude. definitions don't always work out in da real world... booyah!

yeah, he's better than drew carey. but drew's such a tub of crap...

he looks like a turd so it's funny to see people make fun of him for it on his own show.

Easy, fellow. Haven't you had enough java in you mug this morning? :)

To be honest, I like/dislike Drew Carey. I like the fact that I have only seen Apple computers on his show and that he is street smart. But I do not like the way he hosts Whose Line.

Clive Anderson's version seems much more entertaining and much faster. Drew Carey's version of WL has way too many songs and stuff. I mean, you get bored kind of easily. It's nice to watch when you have nothing else to do, but I am not exactly Drew's biggest fan, either.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:16 PM

Clive Anderson's version seems much more entertaining and much faster. Drew Carey's version of WL has way too many songs and stuff. I mean, you get bored kind of easily. It's nice to watch when you have nothing else to do, but I am not exactly Drew's biggest fan, either.

I really like the CA version, myself. Drew's good, but he just doesn't pull it off as well. It might be Clive's accent, I dont' know, but as an American an English accent sound all proper/haughty/self assured mixed into one. Besides, Drew can be a bit of an @ss at times.

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 06:26 PM
Quite frankly, here is what I have noticed between the two versions:

The Drew Carey version focuses too much on getting the audiance involved during the actual show, when he should realize that the audiance came to attend an event, which improvises comedy, not a box social. Second, he has these ridiculous laughs at his own jokes, which should make him feel stupid and make us feel clueless. Finally, Drew Carey makes up all sorts of wierd comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the game and aren't funny, such as 100000 points to some guy's estate.

The Clive Anderson version (from Europe) focuses simply on comedy at a rapid fire pace, while trying to keep the games flowing fluently. Second, Clive hardly makes nonsense jokes and has a solitary, average laugh, which keeps him from looking like some overreactant ashole from the street. Finally, Clive, for the most part, seems to stick to the topic of the game show and very rarely digresses.

P.S.: You've gotta appreciate his accent when he says "Wierd Newscasters."

Fear the King.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:31 PM
Easy, fellow. Haven't you had enough java in you mug this morning? :)

To be honest, I like/dislike Drew Carey. I like the fact that I have only seen Apple computers on his show and that he is street smart. But I do not like the way he hosts Whose Line.

i don't drink coffee.... but yeah. and i'm not easy...

i like the old one better. tough wayne is pretty dang funny.

his show's a bit too much of the same however.

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 06:43 PM
Wayne Brady is alright. I mean, he's got a lot of poetic talent and a big imagination, but he does kind of repeat a lot of his solos on stage.

My favorite improv. would be Ryan Styles. He seems to effortlessly pull jokes out of the air and almost always seems to know exactly what is going on in each game.

My second favorite would probably be Collin Mockery (if that is how you spell his name, I forget). He does usually achieve in the general comedy area, but he has a rather harsh voice when it comes down to hoedowns. He cannot sing. Once in the while he can pull off the joke of the day in those senarios. But, overall, he would be the second person on my list of Whose Line improvs to meet.

Fear the King.

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 06:44 PM
ryan then colin for sure.

wayne has the most performance talent. though not most comedic.

tony slattery was funny, though he had a thing for off colour (yeah uk!!!) humour (yeah!)

haha...

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 06:54 PM
I do not remember the generation of Tony Slatter. I have heard of him several times, but I never really recognized him.

The majority of my video recording have Ryan and Collin. But they also have Greg Proops, Steven Frost and Rory Bremner (if spelled correctly).

Steven Frost and Greg Proops do pretty darn well for kinesthetic games, such as Props and Hats. Rory seems to do the best impersonations for games, which require him to be a certain "quirk" or "bachelor". He does such incredible accents of Bill Clinton, Prince Charles and Nelson Mandela.

Out of those three, I would have to pick Steven Frost, mostly because of this one joke that was brought up in "Questions Only". Situation: Stranded on a ship. (It got even the contestants quirking up.)

Ryan: Where the he!! were you?
Steven: Where did you bury the gold?
Ryan: Can't you see we're in trouble?
Steven: Is that your mast, or are you just pleased to see me?

LMAO!!

Fear the King.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 06:59 PM
Just out of curiousity I checked to see how many posts you had done so far today jello, and you were at 116. I imagine that will go a little higher by then end of the night if your girlfriend doesn't get there soon.

So you've just made it to the uber-geek level, congrats!!

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 07:08 PM
Just out of curiousity I checked to see how many posts you had done so far today jello, and you were at 116. I imagine that will go a little higher by then end of the night if your girlfriend doesn't get there soon.

So you've just made it to the uber-geek level, congrats!!

how can you check how many in a given day?

and i've seen king cobra (i think) cite his past posts with a number.. how do you know what number post it was??

i'm going to pick her up very very soon!

ps. i'm embarrassed about the uber-geek thing...

my bro was on here and saw i had 1000+. he made some fun of me... ahh well

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 07:10 PM
duke,

jello is right when he says that posts number does not mean a lot, but it is still amazing to see how fast you are catching up to eyelikeart

i am no longer flamed for being the all time posts leader....when i was, none of you were present except for eye, who had little to say then;)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 07:10 PM
Select your profile and on the screen on the blue bar there's a button that has a link to all your posts. There are 25 per page, so just go to page five and count the ones for the 24th and add that to 100. I'm thinking its more than anyone - even me with my 109 the other day.

D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:01 AM
Select your profile and on the screen on the blue bar there's a button that has a link to all your posts. There are 25 per page, so just go to page five and count the ones for the 24th and add that to 100. I'm thinking its more than anyone - even me with my 109 the other day.

D

interesting. never knew that....

weird

teabgs
May 25, 2002, 11:32 AM
I know someone who saw Clive anderson in London and they said to him "Hey, you're Clive Anderson!"

to which he replied "Yes, Very" and walked away.

True story

Mr. Anderson
May 26, 2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
jello is right when he says that posts number does not mean a lot, but it is still amazing to see how fast you are catching up to eyelikeart

i am no longer flamed for being the all time posts leader....when i was, none of you were present except for eye, who had little to say then;)

I agree, it really doesn't mean much, and I think the idea of being the all time posts leader isn't the same these days, I can't speak for eye, but I don't he's been getting flamed at all, unless its via PM. There really haven't been that many posts talking much about it, more talking about me trying to catch up, which is silly.

We just need some better rumors, then the focus will shift.:D

jefhatfield
May 27, 2002, 02:28 AM
i was nearing one thousand and no one was at three hundred i think

but now there are too many targets as for high posters...and i am not the only double poster here anymore;)

Mr. Anderson
May 27, 2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
and i am not the only double poster here anymore;)

What is your definition of double posting. Mine would be posting on a thread about the same subject right after you've posted - you could go back and edit if you had additional thoughts, and accidentally posting the same thing twice, which happens once in a while, but is a mistake.

I don't think quoting different posts in succession counts as long as you're addressing different subjects. I'll combine subjects of responses one time and others will get separate ones. It just basically depends on what's being discussed.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:33 AM

What is your definition of double posting.

I'd have to say multiple posts back to back...whether it's quoting 2 different people or answering someone in 2 posts...it happens...we all do it...

too often I'll post and after I've hit the "Submit Reply" button I realize I wanted to say something else...sometimes I'll post again...others I'll edit my post and add it...

I do think for us Demi-Gods & higher posters...it's not that big of an issue...to respond to jef....I don't really get flamed at all for posting...I think jello was the only person of late to give me any ***** over posting...but it was for losing top spot...it's amazing how different people act now that I have moderator under my name...;)