PDA

View Full Version : Any Crash Test Dummies Fans here?

SilvorX
Jan 11, 2004, 11:33 PM
Are there any fans of Canadian Rockers Crash Test Dummies? I've never been that big of a fan until recently when I purchased their new album Puss 'n' Boots, which is pretty good, but a little too light for my tastes, they're one of the greatest bands to ever come from this part of canada (manitoba), they are concidererd a one hit wonder on iTMS although they had 3+ hits including Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Peter Pumpkin head (both mm and pp were on the dumb & dumber movie/soundtrack), and superman. People actually thought they broke up, they did back in '99, but theyre back, although I believe Puss 'n' Boots only has 3 of the members in the album. I can't wait till they come back to their home town on tour, although theyre very underrated here, they're the early 90s version of the guess who, who are also from the same city and sometimes gets forgetten by people as well.

Kingsnapped
Jan 11, 2004, 11:38 PM
I was a crash dummy for halloween a few years back.

...I'll check them out.

jocknerd
Jan 12, 2004, 07:15 AM
Its one of my favorite songs of all time.
There's a live version but I want the studio version.

SilvorX
Jan 12, 2004, 11:57 AM
I love superman, so slow but its still good, it made me sad once back when i was listening to it back in april. I wonder if people keep on putting crash test dummies tracks for requests, if apple will listen and do so, theyre so under rated now days :(

WinterMute
Jan 12, 2004, 05:14 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:D ;)

Coffee spoons is a lovely song.

MontanaMacster
Jan 12, 2004, 06:31 PM
They put on a good live show. Not too impressed with their latest album, but its starting to grow on me.

arn
Jan 12, 2004, 06:34 PM
I was a huge fan...

but I loved the first album the most. Check it out if you can... sadly it's not on iTunes Music Store.

"Ghosts that Haunt Me"

arn

SilvorX
Jan 13, 2004, 02:25 AM
I expected more from Brad and his gang, 'if' they're in the mood to make atleast one more album, they'll need help from a big producer, last time I ever seen crash test dummies on tv was on their Noel music around xmas season a few years back.

A good friend of my best friend used to take guitar lessons from CTD's guest guitarist Murray Pulver (The Pulverizer), who appears on the "a Worm's Life"/"Give Yourself a Hand" (sings "you did baby" on "Keep a Lid on Things"... which I was previewing on iTMS and I've heard of it :eek:.. just didn't know who sung it)

Happy Belated 40th b-day Brad