Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I installed Little Snitch yesterday, and have subsequently removed it. But today, my G4 has completely frozen up 3 times. The whole system stops, including the mouse.

Has anyone else had crashes with Little Snitch? I can't think of making any other changes to my system.

I'm repairing permissions as I speak, I'll post back if it crashes again.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I've been using Little Snitch under Panther ever since I've had panther...

no freezes

arn

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Well I can't think of installing anything else, or doing anything strange. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually though.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Little Snitch has been working since Jaguar on my G4 iMac 17 and survived updates of the OS into Panther without causing any known problem. Good luck working it out.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
OK, it sounds like it's not Little Snitch that caused the problem, but I was a bit suspicious because I thought it installed a kext (can someone confirm this?). Fortunately, my system hasn't crashed so far today (it's been running for about 4.5 hours so far). I've decided that next time it crashes I'll make a note of what apps I have running, and see if I can find a trend.

matthewusher

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2004
Nermal said:
I installed Little Snitch yesterday, and have subsequently removed it. But today, my G4 has completely frozen up 3 times. The whole system stops, including the mouse.

Has anyone else had crashes with Little Snitch? I can't think of making any other changes to my system.

I'm repairing permissions as I speak, I'll post back if it crashes again.

My system is misbehaving after installing Little Snitch. Specifically - Poisoned now won't start - it seems to have developed a memory leak. When Poisoned is launched, the whole system grinds to a halt until the Poisoned task is killed. I've uninstalled Little Snitch and re-installed Poisoned, but I can't get it to work again.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hhmmm... Safari and a couple of other apps have crashed on me before. Safari carshed just yesterday, but i don't know if Little Snitch had anything to do with it.

let us know what you find. there are probably lots of people that would like to fix problems with crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.