Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slug420

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2007
if I do not use auto sync, but manually drag files into my ipod touch and delete them....will my ipt be wiped out when going from my mac to my PC?

I have a mac pro at home that I use for all of my media, but I am about to travel with a PC laptop that I want to store all sorts of music and movies on so I can update what is on the IPT when I get bored. Is itunes going to wipe out my ipt when I connect it to the PC? If it is not going to wipe it out will it let me manually add files to it and delete files from it?

if it matters none of the media is DRM protected....its all my own personal stuff

thanks!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
you could set the ipod to manual and under music check selected playlists and manually select which to sync and see if that works for u?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
if I do not use auto sync, but manually drag files into my ipod touch and delete them....will my ipt be wiped out when going from my mac to my PC?

I have a mac pro at home that I use for all of my media, but I am about to travel with a PC laptop that I want to store all sorts of music and movies on so I can update what is on the IPT when I get bored. Is itunes going to wipe out my ipt when I connect it to the PC? If it is not going to wipe it out will it let me manually add files to it and delete files from it?

if it matters none of the media is DRM protected....its all my own personal stuff

thanks!

It should be fine, I do it regularly with my iPod touch and it doesn't delete anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.