PDA

View Full Version : OS X v10.0.5 Update Tomorrow

MacRumors
May 24, 2001, 10:06 AM
The Register reports (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/19166.html) that tomorrow, May 25th, Apple will release an OS X update, taking the system to v10.0.5. (Indeed, there apparently will be no v10.0.4 update.) Again, this will be accessible through the Software Update "control panel."

blakespot
May 24, 2001, 10:33 AM
Let's hope we get some G3 speed gains on this one. I have noticed that IE 5.1.1 seems more responsive to me, and the insnely annoying URL cut/copy bug has been addressed.

I'm qute pleased to see updates coming at this rate, here in the early stages. (Could be disturbing if this kept up throughout the first year or so, however, to the avg. consumer...)

blakespot

Kela
May 24, 2001, 12:26 PM
I love mac. everyone should know this. However, frustration has recently overcome me. Firstly installing MAC OS X for the average mac user is like trying to prove E=MC2 wrong. Mind you I achieved installing OS X but the sluggishness was sickening. Then I updated to 10.0.03 directly and my whole computer died. I had to rebless my system folder and reinstall OSX. Then, I install 10.0.01 then .03 and I notice no system performance improvements!
Also, does anyone have the problem playing mp3s on I-tunes or Audion that the song just stops for no reason. I have to go to the application and restart it?? That is so weird. Other than that, im a happy camper!

-kela

P.S this 10.0.5 really better be an "update"

tywoods
May 24, 2001, 01:14 PM
i have had no problems with itunes on playback or anythang else for that that matter.

just that my isub still doesn't work yet on my imac DV 500.

that is the only thang that sucks.
I need some bass.

ty

blakespot
May 24, 2001, 01:14 PM
The skipping of a stated v10.0.4 would seem, intuitively, to indicate a more significant update. There are mutterings here and there of this update providing DVD support. We'll see.

blakespot

All Your.......
May 25, 2001, 04:45 PM
All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Kela
May 26, 2001, 10:22 AM
I know this phrase from somewhere (wink wink) but where? "All you base is belong to us"

Xistor
Jun 1, 2001, 01:17 AM
IE5.1.1 did finally include use of the scroll wheel and is a bit better on the download requester not always confiscating all the system resources away, but it did disrupt use of Omni's 4.0 web browser, unfortunately because it installed a new Quicktime plugin. Don't dispair, however, the New OMNI 4.0.1 seems to work again playing Quicktime so OMNI must have implemented a quick fix to use the new QT plug-in. Hail OMNI!