PDA

View Full Version : ceo desktops?

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 02:35 PM
in the style of rumors i have heard here...not knowing if they are true,

"does steve jobs still have a dell or sony on his desk and does bill gates still have a mac on his desk"

and being who they are and how rich they are, does it matter what computer they use anyway...neither are software developers or need gigaflops in their day to day uses as ceo's

i know bill gates is chief software architect of M$, but come on, he is not an engineer like was says...of the four men; steve w, steve j, bill g, and paul a, only woz was a true engineer

some idiots out there think that bill gates invented and coded windows...what a crock:p

...but then again looking at how windows often gets the blue screen of death, maybe bill gates did code it:p

strider42
May 24, 2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

some idiots out there think that bill gates invented and coded windows...what a crock:p

Billy G didn't code DOS either, nor did anyone at microsoft. They bought it from some guy for like 10,000 bucks. The only operating type system BIlly ever coded was in the homebrew computer club, some form of basic I think. Tried to get all proprietary about it as well, telling others they couldn't use what he "invented" even though it was just a mod of earlier work from what I understand. No GUI has ever been coded by one man. No one has done anything in the computer industry by themselves since Woz was developed the original Apple II by himself.

Does it matter if Steve's got a PC on his desk. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did at Pixar, I guess I'd be mildly surprised if he had one at apple, but it doesn't really matter does it. I doubt Billy G's got a mac on his desk, but who knows. He probably has hundreds of computers. rumor is though that his house was designed on a mac, which is sort of amusing I suppose, but not really unexpected either. People need to get over hating Windows or Billy G. We prefer macs, and thats good enough for me. I don't need to jstify it by vilifying people who have nothing to do with my life.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 03:25 PM
I could honestly care less what any of them use...

it would only make complete sense that Jobs uses a Mac...I mean come on!! He's the CEO for God's sake...

as for Gates...whatever... :o ;)

I think people put too much emphasis on who is using what...it's like gossiping about your neighbor...ha ha ha!! :D

britboy
May 24, 2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by strider42
I doubt Billy G's got a mac on his desk, but who knows.

Not exactly the same thing, but IBM use macs in their design department :p

Anyway, both Jobs and Gates have so much money, who's to say they can't have one of each on their desks?

jelloshotsrule
May 24, 2002, 04:55 PM
i have to think jobs has a mac... in much the same way that they use macs an the apple stores, or even at apple retail stores (authorized but not apple themselves)...

i mean, jobs might have a pc for business type stuff, but then again, the business stuff is so commonly pc at stores, that the apple places "might" have pcs there, but the ones i've seen don't....

my point is. i think jobs has a mac... but as you've all said, doesn't matter a whole lot.

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 07:25 PM
It doesn't really matter at all, but I'll lay odds he has at least one mac in his office. He might have more than one machine, given everything Apple does. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they modeled the Apple stores from Steve's office.

If he ever has visitors, he's going to want to show them the latest and greatest that Apple has to offer, so thats the hardware and the software. If he's got a PC there, its just one of many machines.

What's Bill got? An XBox and a huge screen with a digital projection system. I'd be curious to know his PC of chioce.....

AmbitiousLemon
May 24, 2002, 07:38 PM
i think there was a thread here awhile ago that talked about how steve jobs carried around an old sony at pixar for a long time but started using a TiPB some time ago.

and come on, you all know steves got a NeXT box or two laying around somewhere.

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
i think there was a thread here awhile ago that talked about how steve jobs carried around an old sony at pixar for a long time but started using a TiPB some time ago.

and come on, you all know steves got a NeXT box or two laying around somewhere.

i was just referring to the old thread, and i was just wondering if anything has changed

i think steve jobs has at least one sony

he worships their business model