PDA

View Full Version : Sony Unveils 45 hour minidisc player or 1 gigabyte player fo...

MacBytes
Jan 12, 2004, 12:18 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Sony Unveils 45 hour minidisc player or 1 gigabyte player for $420.00 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040112131822)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

cujo91999
Jan 12, 2004, 12:26 PM
does that make any sense at all? smaller AND expensive! i dont get it.

wowoah
Jan 12, 2004, 01:03 PM
Before I got my iPod, I had a Sony NetMD MZ-N1. The 80-min discs weren't really a big issue, since they were cheap and the player was so freaking small and light. The big problem with the NetMDs was the highly restrictive software that made it a pain in the a** to use. That was what ultimately prompted me to buy an iPod, the fact that I couldn't take the software anymore. If Sony wants to gain any ground in this market, they've gotta fix the software first.

Just my 2 cents.

Lancetx
Jan 12, 2004, 01:23 PM
And people complain about iPod pricing... ;)

Bunzi2k4
Jan 12, 2004, 01:27 PM
i don't like the sony minidisc idea, but w/e i like my ipod, hah! 15 gig's and 50 dollars cheaper!

Xero
Jan 12, 2004, 07:16 PM
well theyre FINALLY allowing digital uploading of recorded sound files... thank GOD... now if they somehow manage to acknowledge that Macs do infact exist, and people ACTUALLY use them, and then they somehow decide to miraculously add support for OSX... THEN, and only then, i will have to unfortunately sell my iPod, and get one of these for recording. ...god i hope someone makes a CD-Quality Stereo recording device for the iPod in time...:(

joelypolly
Jan 12, 2004, 07:16 PM
Well iPod for me next...
After having 3 MDs in the past 5 years costing total of 1200+ they have all kinda died or not work well after around 18 months. Not battery issue but disks skip more and more recording on one model now doesn't work... any laser based technology doesn't like dust... and MDs get exposed to a lot of dust.

So iPOd for me coz no dust can get in

0 and A ai
Jan 12, 2004, 10:33 PM
Nice I submitted this. Now I'm finally a member.

I never really liked MD but its recording feature was very handy. Sony does make some really good things though. But i love my ipod

Sabenth
Jan 13, 2004, 04:20 AM
I aint a big fan of Sony not with there lazer gear at least. I did own a Dennon MD Hifi Soloution which i must point on was really really great for audio recording and track sorting etc only issue i found was no one else had dam MD and the disks cost a small fortuine when i had it...

I dont own an iPod either but i am in the area for one....

billyboy
Jan 13, 2004, 05:25 AM
When I first saw the headline, I thought they had come up with a 45 hour battery. Now that would be news. Having read the article, I felt about as enthusiastic as their CEO whose concluding line sounded to me like an apology to Sony shareholders for a rehash of an old idea.

Xero
Jan 13, 2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
When I first saw the headline, I thought they had come up with a 45 hour battery. Now that would be news. Having read the article, I felt about as enthusiastic as their CEO whose concluding line sounded to me like an apology to Sony shareholders for a rehash of an old idea.

actually a 45 hour battery life for an MD player wouldnt be very big news, mainly because some MD players already claim over 45hour playback.