PDA

View Full Version : getting an account... complicated...

steveca
Aug 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
hi to everyone...

i am a Maltese citizen and I have an unlocked iphone 2G with the 2.0 update which can download software from the App Store. I already have an apple ID which however is not suitable for itunes and itunes asks me to modify it. I try to modify it but it doesnt let me because after i select the option that my billing address is not in the US it takes me to a list which doesnt include Malta.

the problem is that i cant have an account with apple because the itunes store is not available in my country as yet... so is there any other way around this or do I have to wait that Malta is in the itunes store before being able to download even the free applications?

mklos
Aug 24, 2008, 10:29 AM
If you have someone from a country that supports the iTunes Store, you can have them send you some gift cards or something. Many people do this in countries that don't yet have support for the iTunes store. I believe there are ways to setup an iTunes account without a billing address.

Other than that...unfortunately, you'll have to wait until your country is supported to use the store.