Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marc the Mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to get a 12" Powerbook soon, has anyone experienced case warping when using the powerbook on an iCurve - does it still get hot running off the power supply? - or does it dissipate heat better on the iCurve.

Comments and experiences very much appreciated.

Thanks

niter

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2003
I am not sure about the PB, but I have the iCurve for my iBook 12" G4 and it never gets hot. My iBook feels like it does when it is off. I would assume the same for the PB. Besides, if you have a PB Al, it is going to take a lot more heat that you could ever create to warp the material. The only way to mess it up is to dent it.

The iCurve is the best peripheral I have for my iBook yet. I find myself taking it around my house with the mouse and key board because I love it so much. I cannot wait until I get a bluetooth setup. It still looks damn classy even with the cables, but it still will be nice to be wireless. :)

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
The 12 PB will definitely not warp on the iCurve, nor do I think that any of other 'books would warp either. There's no more stress on the laptop than there would be in any other situation - all of the weight is distributed to the four feet on the bottom, and (with the 12 inchers) all of the feet rest on the iCurve. ...Well, that isn't exactly true, since there are pads on the iCurve that keep the laptop securely in place. But, since the pads are actually bigger than the feet themselves, you'll get even better weight distribution, i.e., less stress.

Heat certainly isn't an issue - the laptop's cool much more quickly on the iCurve.

Marc the Mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback people - I'm holding out for a little while in case there are any updates to the 12" PB before I spend my cash. But I won't be waiting forever..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.