PDA

View Full Version : MLK Day

themadchemist
Jan 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
Hey guys. Last year, Northwestern's student govt. started the practice of distributing buttons in commemoration of Martin Luther King Day. Well, it's generally the job of the committee I run. I procrastinated, but about a week ago I got a funding source. So today I whipped up a design and sent it to the printers.

I thought I'd share the design with you. I obtained the drawing of Martin Luther King from the official university program for the Observance. That's also where I got the slogan Remember•Celebrate•Act.

Let me know what you think.

MoparShaha
Jan 12, 2004, 07:54 PM
I like it very much. Looks distinguished. Well done.

ThomasJefferson
Jan 12, 2004, 09:35 PM
I agree, looks great. Nice simple graphic, straightforward message.

wdlove
Jan 13, 2004, 08:37 PM
Nice job on the button, themadchemist. It is a different portrait of him and so it stands out.

themadchemist
Jan 13, 2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks very much for the kind words everyone. It turned out well, I think, because I had the good fortune of being provided with a nice slogan and an excellent portrait by the university official who was hired to design the programs. It was, then, an easy task for me to convert that information into button form for the student government's efforts.

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 13, 2004, 08:56 PM
like it accept for the c & t in Act. they look so close together that it looks like a d. perhaps its just the transfer of image to the net.