PDA

View Full Version : sex

slipper
Jan 12, 2004, 06:21 PM
according to CNN, sex is a great way to burn calories, reduce the risk of depression, and lower your chance of breast and prostate cancer. it was on CNN today:D

themadchemist
Jan 12, 2004, 06:23 PM
I can just see the pickup lines:

"I have a family history of prostate cancer. Will you help save my life by having sex with me? Thanks."

XnavxeMiyyep
Jan 12, 2004, 06:28 PM
So that's why I'm in such good shape!;)

rainman::|:|
Jan 12, 2004, 06:38 PM
between the cigarettes, pot, booze, and fast food; this is the one way i can claim that i'm healthy :)

edit: you know, with the name of this thread, it's either going to be wastelanded in under 12 posts, or rage on for 1200 ;)

paul

gwuMACaddict
Jan 12, 2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
edit: you know, with the name of this thread, it's either going to be wastelanded in under 12 posts, or rage on for 1200 ;)

paul

i reckon the latter...

:D

neut
Jan 12, 2004, 07:49 PM
it's also a great cure for hangovers... ;)

peace.

Phil Of Mac
Jan 12, 2004, 08:12 PM
Prostate cancer is because the release of sperm flushes chemicals out of your prostates that would otherwise potentially go bad.

Calories is due to physical exertion. Depression is due to the release of endorphins caused by both the sex itself and the physical exertion.

Breast cancer, I can't account for. Unless for some reason massaging breasts reduces the risk of breast cancer. That might make sense.

Here's another health benefit: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/m/tmp201/newsarticle2.jpg

ThomasJefferson
Jan 12, 2004, 08:40 PM
I knew we could count on Dr. Phil

wdlove
Jan 12, 2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
Here's another health benefit: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/m/tmp201/newsarticle2.jpg

I saw an article on your additional benefit once before. Wonder why they haven't done additonal wider base studies since. In that case it would help the man and the women in more ways than one.

Gymnut
Jan 12, 2004, 09:03 PM
Hmm..I remember reading a research article a whiles back in regards to the benefits of sex that was for monogamous sex. Being too promiscuous in fact had its downside of being stressful.

funkywhat2
Jan 12, 2004, 09:36 PM
I like it. Sure wish i could get some. Oh well.:(

AnotherMortal
Jan 12, 2004, 09:43 PM
Especially when you are newlywed and have no kids yet. Depending on the couple, it could be a daily routine.

neut
Jan 12, 2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by AnotherMortal
Depending on the couple, it could be a daily routine.

sex should never be routine...

peace.

slipper
Jan 12, 2004, 10:03 PM
Especially when you are newlywed and have no kids yet. Depending on the couple, it could be a daily routine.
why does this only pertain to newlyweds?

mgargan1
Jan 12, 2004, 10:11 PM
masturbation also releases tension, and is actually good for your heart. Plus it feels good, but i guess the reason why i'm outta shape is cause it's been soo long. Just no time to meet anyone.

iJon
Jan 12, 2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ThomasJefferson
I knew we could count on Dr. Phil
haha thats what i was thinking.

iJon

Phil Of Mac
Jan 12, 2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel

We've beat 12. That leaves one option.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 12, 2004, 10:47 PM
We've beat 12. That leaves one option.

Spam like that would cause things to go even faster. :p

There have been many sex threads on these forums - not all have been wastelanded, it all depends on whether or not people can behave intelligently.

The jury is still out on that one.

D

5300cs
Jan 12, 2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
..Wonder why they haven't done additonal wider base studies since... Hey, I'd join a user base study. Where do I sign up? http://homepage.mac.com/time_pilot/smilies/smileysex.gif

topicolo
Jan 13, 2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by neut
sex should never be routine...

peace.

It can if it's like 2-3 times a day, everyday. You just don't feel it as well after a while;)

AnotherMortal
Jan 13, 2004, 06:08 AM
I didn't mean routine as in boring, or ritual, I meant it as in habitual addiction :P. Some people just naturally desire it more regularly than others.

And as for pertaining only to newlyweds, well....I can only speak from my subjective studies of the last 3 and a half weeks of being married :)

sketchy
Jan 13, 2004, 07:58 AM
Breast cancer, I can't account for. Unless for some reason massaging breasts reduces the risk of breast cancer. That might make sense.

That made me snort at my desk.

Sex also prevents fights (helps deter) and resolves arguments.

And never do it with the news on. too many odd stories to get tossed in.

Especially with MJ in the mix

dave

neut
Jan 13, 2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by topicolo
You just don't feel it as well after a while;)

that's disgusting...

I meant it as in habitual addiction

you mean like an eating disorder...or smoking? that's wierd.

no wonder no one gets any on here. :D

peace.

Raid
Jan 13, 2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Gymnut
Being too promiscuous in fact had its downside of being stressful.

Yeah like wondering if you are going to scream the wrong name, figuring out how to get her out of your place (or if you like her how to clean your place up in the dark before she wakes up) :D

Then there's the nasty stress of "why does it hurt when I pee?" :(

neut
Jan 13, 2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Raid
Then there's the nasty stress of "why does it hurt when I pee?" :(

ummm, you just need to stop masturbating with soap. ;)

peace.

pinto32
Jan 13, 2004, 01:31 PM
do you still recieve the health benefits with the now famous "apple pie" method?