Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
This can't be official...

I think you've got it right though Lord Blackadder, I can imagine a huge influx of traffic from certain people with certain fetishes...

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
I think nuns being in a beauty contest is fine, so long as they don't make a habit of it...

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I think nuns being in a beauty contest is fine, so long as they don't make a habit of it...

Smart ass. :D

Anyway, this sort of surprises me. When a nun becomes a nun, they take three vows - of poverty, chastity and obedience. I can't imagine which superior would allow nuns from their order to participate in this - one of the big things for nuns is their humility, which is part of why they wear veils - to humble themselves. It's not too humble to post pictures of yourself on the Internet with the express desire to have them seen by many people. Most nuns I know of would never want that to happen. One nun in particular that I know well recently retired from teaching at my old Catholic school after fifty-eight odd years of teaching, and we honored her immensely - we got her a regional teacher award that was put on TV, she got the diocesan award for teachers, and we dedicated our spring musical to her. She hated every moment of it because she didn't like being put in the spotlight at all.

Besides, the recent trend in orders of sisters is the more traditional orders who would never allow this. A lot of the girls are going for the full habits, not the modern orders.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
ban.gif
Townsfolk.gif
prayer.gif

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Looks like I've flushed out most of the nun fetishists on Macrumors. :rolleyes:;)

Maybe this is all a plot by the Vatican to do just that - flush out all of the deviants so they could be purged. Sounds like a potential sequel to the DaVinci Code.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.