Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BryanD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Okay, I remember playing this old school Mac first person shooter when I was younger and I cant remember the name of it. It was set up somewhat like Doom in the sense that your ammo and armor and health was shown on a bar and the more damage you took the more your shirt would be ripped up. It took place (at least I remember one level taking place) in a really big office-like building that looked like it belonged to the government. You shot at guys dressed in blue and brown suits and these bigger guys with armor and two pistols. Also I remember these bald guys with shotguns and chains and they laughed manically when they noticed you. I can remember quite a bit of it but I have no idea what its called. Beleive me, I've tried looking and I cant find it. If you know what I'm talking about please tell me. Thanks.

Scooby_Doo

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
Chicago
Reality Bytes?

I remember a game like this, right around the time that Marathon 1 was coming out.

There was a company called Reality Bytes, who later went on to make a game called HAVOC. HAVOC was a tank shooting game similar to Specter and was a showpiece for Apple's late 90s performas because they came with some of the first dedicated ATI graphics accelerators.

I remember the game you are talking about as starting with the letter O or P, perhaps "Operation" something, but can't put my finger on it.

I did a number of google searches but couldn't get anything concrete. Hope this helps.

There was another company called Domark that made a 3d flight sim/space battle game called Absolute Zero, you can check there.

Also did you take a look at the games made on Bungie's Marathon 2 engine? Damage Inc. or Zero Population Count (ZPC)? Those might be related to what you are looking for?

Scooby_Doo

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
Chicago

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
This game was awesome as were all other old-school shooters from around this time, I never actually bought any of them but I did played the demos from my MacAddict subscription CDs over and over, it was pretty cool, Damage Incorporated had actually quite nice gameplay. Shadow Warrior was also beyond awesome though that one is a bit more recent I think.

Very cool find ;) you could still buy it if you wanted for old time's sake as part of the big six compilation pack that also includes Damage Inc. and Shadow Warrior.

http://www.macgold.co.uk/products/6045.shtml

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.