Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tigercat212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Is there any utility or app that allows you to use multi-touch features on normal Macbooks (not Pros)?

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
no, I don't understand why, but I'm pretty sure this is a hardware thing. And I'm guessing the new mb will have multitouch.

isauce

macrumors regular
May 21, 2008
no, I don't understand why, but I'm pretty sure this is a hardware thing. And I'm guessing the new mb will have multitouch.

I think it will be incorporated in the MB. It will become standard in the next revision, it only makes sense to bring it to the Macbook.

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Yep no dice for the MBs.

I personally think it's an overrated feature. Played around with it for a bit at our favorite store and can't imaging actually using it...

I guess some people just grow accustomed to it, while others don't.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Yep no dice for the MBs.

I personally think it's an overrated feature. Played around with it for a bit at our favorite store and can't imaging actually using it...

I guess some people just grow accustomed to it, while others don't.

coming from an iphone, i kinda expect all other touch surface to act the same. and i get mad at myself when they don't :eek:

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I thought the macbook had multitouch? I remember using the 2 finger scrolling on one at the AS....

Even the PowerBooks had two-finger scrolling. That's not multitouch. Multitouch is defined as the iPhonesque functions added in the last MacBook Pro and MacBook Air revisions. You cannot get these functions on a MacBook due to it being part of a hardware update.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
My friend has it on his Pro and hates it. I messed around with it and I don't care for it. I might like it better with practice, but I don't miss having it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.