PDA

View Full Version : macs and clothing styles

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 07:28 PM
i am a fat techie so i avoid ties, suits, and shiny black/brown shoes

i wear jeans, shorts, tennies, sandals, t-shirts, and non tie related shirts

i used to belong to a nudist colony but i have to admit, i am ashamed at my big stomach now so i wear as little clothing as i could get away with without looking like someone who never does their laundry:D

i try to be somewhat color coordinated and don't mix orage and red, for instance, like some PROGRAMMERS

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 07:31 PM
You just love starting these threads, eh?

Not a fashion plate, but I'm casual most of the time, Kahkis and a shirt, no tie at work in maybe a year. Jeans on the weekend, but its hot right now so I get away with shorts and a t-shirt. Not very exciting at all.

I do own a tux that I usually get to wear a couple times a year, I have no problem dressing up....

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 07:35 PM
I wear a thick coat of scaly skin, I change four or five times a year, and each change of clothes takes 10 days. :)

But in real life I usually like T-shirts and jeans. I am not a big fan of accessories, but I do occassionally wear a watch.

Interesting thread...

Fear the King.

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You just love starting these threads, eh?

it's a way to get to know people and has little to do with macs most of the time:p

...so it's more appropriately, "mac users and fashion":p ;) :D :)

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I wear a thick coat of scaly skin, I change four or five times a year, and each change of clothes takes 10 days. :)

But in real life I usually like T-shirts and jeans. I am not a big fan of accessories, but I do occassionally wear a watch.

Interesting thread...

Fear the King.

i have dandruff really bad all of a sudden in the last year so i told my wife i have no skull but hardened skin on my head

...the strange thing is even though i really do have a skull, the hardened skin on my head is what is causing the darn dandruff!

so i condition my hair and that has solved the problem...i thought dandruff was caused by oily scalp, but in most cases it's dry hair and scalp and often caused by using head and shoulders...touche, so that's their angle..it's a racket!!!

phufball71
May 24, 2002, 08:07 PM
im a prep. polo af, holister, ae, izod the shirt w/ the alligator. rainbow sandels.

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 08:10 PM
my work wardrobe usually consists of:
whichever pair of Old Navy painter's pants or cargo are clean...
plain, colored t-shirts...some with one pocket...
skater/surfer t-shirts...quicksilver, redsand, etc...
doc martens....or my bowling style sketchers...
sometimes I get away with shorts & sandles... ;)
whatever's most comfortable...

when I'm out hitting the town...
any number of khaki's....military style or plain...no pleats...
got short & long sleeved which can be either dressed up or down...
got some nice shoes from Banana Republic I wear often...or my docs...just depends on the mood...

again....I normally dress for comfort....I just happen to have some nice stuff that I feel really great in...he he he..

no hats....no jeans...no tank tops...

how's that so far? ;)

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 08:13 PM
I'm not a fan of tucking in shirts either...

except...of course...it's a nicer occasion... ;)

britboy
May 24, 2002, 08:17 PM
Most of the time i just wear a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt. Call me crazy, but my favourite t-shirt for wearing at the moment is one that has the england football (soccer) team logo, with the score from the last match between england and german (we thrashed them 5-1!!!). he he, i get some weird looks on the streets here :D

I like to wear something tending on the baggier side of european fashion (although i don't go for the 'waist-band hanging round the knees' look!). For footwear i have a nice comfortable pair of Asics (trainers) that i wear. When i'm in spain though (most of the summer) i i tend to go barefoot 90% of the time.

mac15
May 24, 2002, 08:38 PM
I think jethatfield is a steve jobs lookalike
As for me I dress like as skater/BMXer I like very casual

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 09:11 PM
California Beach Boy here...

T-shirts, board shorts, khaki pants.

I'll find a way to make casual clothes look good enough to pass for a formal outfit, when I have to.:D

3rdpath
May 25, 2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
California Beach Boy here...
T-shirts, board shorts, khaki pants.

nothing like the california style....

i wear mainly shorts and t-shirts year round. barefoot or flaps most of the time though my merrils when i hike.

when i do dress up( pretty rarely) its usually a vintage suit or jeans and a vintage sport coat. and my white bucks....so old, old school.

and i have a serious watch fetish...don't ask me why......

mac15
May 25, 2002, 12:39 AM
are there any texans here with cowboy boots and spurs
howdy maam.........:D

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 12:43 AM
I am a jock. To school, I wear quicksilver/rusty/nice shirts. You know, just collared cool shirts. I have to play it cool with the girls....

When I get home, I put on some mesh nike/reebok/adida shorts, and a shirt. I then go work out, get nice and sweaty (with some friends), and then come home. I shower, change into a new shirt, and play out my day.

Then, on Saturdays, I wear my traveling team Practice jersey, home, or away jerseys. Depending on the occasion.

For reck ball, i do the crap they give me.

For football, just the usual pads, pants, cleets, socks, and practice shirts.

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 12:44 AM
On weekends, I usualy wear my etnie sandals with some board shorts and a shirt.

My shoes are etnies and spaldings, sports: reebok!

mac15
May 25, 2002, 12:51 AM
etnies cool
I have a pair of etnies and a pair of DCs, really comfortable shoes
oh and my DCs I for got that

AlphaTech
May 25, 2002, 01:05 AM
I am no fashion guru, so I usually wear just about the same thing to work or hanging around. Typically (99% of the time) at work, that is blue jeans, decent/dress shirt, no ******** tie, black magnum hitech boots (SWAT team style) :D. I have added a nice leather Harley vest to the mix recently, which I put my badge (to open the security doors) and a pen into, that all goes into the inside pocket. I only use the outside pockets to hold my car keys when I am going home, or my cd pack if I am going to lunch and not back to my office first.

At home, or on days off from work, I wear pretty much the same, except I typically wear t-shirts instead of the decent ones.

Everything I wear is 100% cotton... and I do mean EVERYTHING, except the leather. :D So that turns out to pretty much 100% natural clothing, no synthetics on my skin. All my jackets are black leather (all three of them) as is the leather vest.

During summer hours at work, we get to wear t-shirts all the time (not just on Fridays).

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
On weekends, I usualy wear my etnie sandals with some board shorts and a shirt.

My shoes are etnies and spaldings, sports: reebok!

cool, you skate eh?

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

i have dandruff really bad all of a sudden in the last year so i told my wife i have no skull but hardened skin on my head

...the strange thing is even though i really do have a skull, the hardened skin on my head is what is causing the darn dandruff!

so i condition my hair and that has solved the problem...i thought dandruff was caused by oily scalp, but in most cases it's dry hair and scalp and often caused by using head and shoulders...touche, so that's their angle..it's a racket!!!

so then... now that you've told us way too much.

i have crabs and i have to use this cream that........ oh wait. whoops..

plain shirts with screened pictures or lyrics or phrases on em.

shorts that are comfortable. pants that are comfortable. often from salvie..

air conditioned shoes... (holes in em).

dong bag.

AlphaTech
May 25, 2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

I don't have enough hair to really care. :D... Having less on top saves on shampoo big time... A little dab will do ya.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
dong bag

' the HELL is that?!?!?!

And you question if I'm a "straight-shooter"?!?! ha...:D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:23 AM

' the HELL is that?!?!?!

And you question if I'm a "straight-shooter"?!?! ha...:D

it's a bag for your....

hey the cool thing is.

"i painted a tuxedo on my skin for the prom... i spilled some champagne and the paint ran and everyone could see my dong"....

oh snap!!!! what's there to see??!?!?

AlphaTech
May 25, 2002, 01:25 AM

it's a bag for your....

hey the cool thing is.

"i painted a tuxedo on my skin for the prom... i spilled some champagne and the paint ran and everyone could see my dong"....

oh snap!!!! what's there to see??!?!?

Dude, seek professional help... :D

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:25 AM
So it's like a "banana hammock"...bikini briefs?

Whatever floats yer boat, man...you NYCers are weird...dog!:D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:31 AM
So it's like a "banana hammock"...bikini briefs?

Whatever floats yer boat, man...you NYCers are weird...dog!:D

oh snap dog... it's something like this (http://store4.yimg.com/I/autographsforsale_1689_15501965)

check IT!

i'm from southern pa in theory..... school in nyc....... but yeah, i's weird brudda!

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:38 AM
oh snap dog... it's something like this (http://store4.yimg.com/I/autographsforsale_1689_15501965)

check IT!

i'm from southern pa in theory..... school in nyc....... but yeah, i's weird brudda!

ROTFLMFingAO!!!:D :eek: :cool:

That ***** is too damn funny...dong bag....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

Wayne's World quote: "Check out the unit on that guy!"

jello, you are one twisted dude...brah!!:D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:40 AM
ROTFLMFingAO!!!:D :eek: :cool:

That ***** is too damn funny...dong bag....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

Wayne's World quote: "Check out the unit on that guy!"

jello, you are one twisted dude...brah!!:D

whoa whoa.... who you trying to get crazy with esse? don't you know i'm loco????

i saw that back when the calendar came out and since then have joked about dong bags, john d'salvo, and mr. romance.... well, i was lucky enough to find a pic......

it paid off eh, brah?!?!?

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:46 AM

whoa whoa.... who you trying to get crazy with esse? don't you know i'm loco????

i saw that back when the calendar came out and since then have joked about dong bags, john d'salvo, and mr. romance.... well, i was lucky enough to find a pic......

it paid off eh, brah?!?!?

wid intres', mon!! Dat ting done pay'd off wid intres' !!!

"Why don't you Dere-lick...my balls?"

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:48 AM

wid intres', mon!! Dat ting done pay'd off wid intres' !!!

"Why don't you Dere-lick...my balls?"

you forgot the best part.... partS

"dere-lick my balls capitan?"

and

"i can derelick my own balls thank you..."

"it's not like we're actually calling outer space or anything".... earth to rowdog!

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 01:51 AM
You dawg, I dont skate whey. In my crib, we just play ball and rack it up.

Now where we be, there ain't no crabs that b' chillin in our pants, so I think you needa get up in yo hood and clean that ***** up!

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:53 AM
you forgot the best part.... partS

"dere-lick my balls capitan?"

and

"i can derelick my own balls thank you..."

"it's not like we're actually calling outer space or anything".... earth to rowdog!

Don't you think there's more to life than being really, really...really, ridiculously good looking?...........Like John d'Salvo...:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
You dawg, I dont skate whey. In my crib, we just play ball and rack it up.

Now where we be, there ain't no crabs that b' chillin in our pants, so I think you needa get up in yo hood and clean that ***** up!

what the %#$@#????

i asked if you skate cause you wear skate company clothes and stuff..

duh. that's the style these days silly jello... skate or not!

skate or die.

good game.

edit: sorry chief... no fun.

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 01:54 AM
I aint from LA or Chicago o any of dem big azz cityz. I am a dawg growin up in da hood of Palm Springs. We thugs be kickin it with the loco essays and the vatos whey. You fools just gotta learn da way of the thuuuugs ma'n

AlphaTech
May 25, 2002, 01:55 AM
all of you talking about dong bags and what not really need to get out more. Or get laid more.

This turned from something ok (at best) into something that deserves to be *****-canned in a bad way.

MacAztec
May 25, 2002, 01:56 AM
Dawgs think I skate, but I don't like skating. I like high quality sports. You know, contact and competition?

I just think skating clothes look cool, and feel good...dawg

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:58 AM

Don't you think there's more to life than being really, really...really, ridiculously good looking?...........Like John d'Salvo...:eek:

haha. nice!

you is on target with that one.

derek's been brainwashed to kill the claymatian dude!

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
all of you talking about dong bags and what not really need to get out more. Or get laid more.

This turned from something ok (at best) into something that deserves to be *****-canned in a bad way.

super.. thanks.

i'm tired and yet don't want to sleep. so i'm amusing myself and some other people seem to be doing the same. it's all good.

3rdpath
May 25, 2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by mac15
are there any texans here with cowboy boots and spurs
howdy maam.........:D

being from texas, i DO have cowboy boots but i don't wear them anymore. i mean, why the heck isn't the point of the boot where your big toe is instead of in the middle? i used to think they were comfortable but they're like torture now. but i do still say howdy( which is pretty geeky).

tip to mcrain: straw cowboy hats in summer, felt in winter, and only the highway patrol puts a plastic cover on their hats in the rain....:)

3rdpath
May 25, 2002, 02:09 AM
oh, in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

i put a bungie cord thru the straps of my boot and use it as a dong bag. now the big toes in the right place. ahhhhhhh:eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
oh, in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

i put a bungie cord thru the straps of my boot and use it as a dong bag. now the big toes in the right place. ahhhhhhh:eek:

please. grow up...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 25, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

I agree...does every thread in this forum have to turn into a splurge of cr@p about nothing at all??

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

I agree...does every thread in this forum have to turn into a splurge of cr@p about nothing at all??

sorry eye. it was some late night (for me) fun and getting to know rower a bit...

my humblest apologies.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 12:29 PM
Man, this thread was a trip...

It's cool jell-dog...

Earth to eyelikeart, we're just havin' some fun here.:D

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 05:55 PM
Man, this thread was a trip...

It's cool jell-dog...

yeah, well. not everyone sees it that way... feel free to pm me if you wanna joke around. i'm always up for a laugh.

joshb
May 27, 2002, 11:39 AM
I'm in Alabama and am usually always wearing black. Big Baggy Pant, Normal Tee and some combat boots. Anything from Hottopic.com usually works. Plenty of bracelets, necklaces, and jewlery in general.

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 01:23 PM

it's all cool man...

I think I was hopped up on my meds when I posted that...

I'm feeling much better now!! :cool:

Rower_CPU
May 27, 2002, 01:37 PM
it's all cool man...

Just yanking your chain, man. :D

Meds, hunh? Anything we should know about? ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 27, 2002, 07:10 PM

it's all cool man...

yeah it's cool. i couldn't help but feel that you were upset with me... and that didn't seem in your character, given your nature to enjoy joking and getting to know each other as much as the next person...

anyhoo, glad you're doing better now

eyelikeart
May 27, 2002, 10:23 PM

Just yanking your chain, man. :D

Meds, hunh? Anything we should know about? ;)

he he he...nothing u would want...

I had bronchitis last week....and I was a bit edgy from the meds I was taking...made me feel better physically....but damn...I'm glad I'm finished now... ;)