PDA

View Full Version : Macs and B-ball

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 09:22 PM
Allright you mac-geeks, time to show how much you know/care about American basketball.

What are your picks for the NBA Finals? I'm going with the Lakers, all the way...but that's not really going out on a limb.

So, do any of you care to weigh in, or do you have no idea what I'm talking about? :p

King Cobra
May 24, 2002, 09:25 PM
To be honest, I find basketball the most boring sport of all. But I am also going to guess Lakers.

Have many of you guys noticed that a majority of the more recent and prominet "Macs and xxx" threads end up having no Macs in them? That's kind of a coincidence. :)

Fear the King.

MacAztec
May 24, 2002, 09:45 PM
I want the lakers to win, but at the moment, they are down by 21!

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the Lakers are sucking it up right now...down 39-21!?!? They look like a crappy high school team!

And no offense to MacAztec, but I find baseball the most boring sport to watch. I love to play, but it's just painful to sit through a 3 hour game on TV.

jefhatfield
May 24, 2002, 09:53 PM
the lakers will not do it this time...shaq and kobe are not at the top of their game

to do a three peat is a very hard thing to do normally, but with your star players playing less than their best, it will be hard for them

i am waiting for cal or stanford, the local teams closest to me, to win the ncaa

the last time cal won the ncaa, 1959, the great old-man jefhatfield was not even born:p

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
the lakers will not do it this time...shaq and kobe are not at the top of their game

to do a three peat is a very hard thing to do normally, but with your star players playing less than their best, it will be hard for them

i am waiting for cal or stanford, the local teams closest to me, to win the ncaa

the last time cal won the ncaa, 1959, the great old-man jefhatfield was not even born:p

They have been a little off this year...Shaq's been injured and Kobe is still growing into his game. But you can't discount the rest of the team and Jackson's ability to coach.

PJ does have just a little experience coaching teams to multiple back-to-back championships, you know.;)

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of b-ball, I don't have picks for this thread, but I will relate my one event this year. My wife scored some tickets for a Wizards game, 3rd row, on the floor, awesome seats. And I had an opportunity to see Michael play, which I'd never seen in person. It was amazing, and I'm still hitting myself for not bring my camera. Oh well.

Rower_CPU
May 24, 2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I'm not a big fan of b-ball, I don't have picks for this thread, but I will relate my one event this year. My wife scored some tickets for a Wizards game, 3rd row, on the floor, awesome seats. And I had an opportunity to see Michael play, which I'd never seen in person. It was amazing, and I'm still hitting myself for not bring my camera. Oh well.

That's awesome! I'm so pissed that I've never had the chance to see him play in person. It would be amazing to have seen him play back in Chicago...

Back to the Lakers...wouldn't you know it that as soon as I open my big mouth to back them up, they start to play their worst game of the season. :rolleyes:

They are losing by 23 points, with only 15 or so minutes left to play...at least it's only game 3 of the series.

stromie952
May 24, 2002, 10:55 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think the Lakers are going to win.

I would love to see any of the other 3 teams win, but Shaq's size is too much for any of the teams, especially the Nets and and Celtics.

But, since the Kings are doing so well right now.....

GO KINGS! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 24, 2002, 10:57 PM
My wife went to Chapel Hill when he was there in the 80s, and has a whole scrap book with photos and newspaper clippings. She pulled it out a couple months ago and I was just amazed to see MJ so friggin young, especially after seeing him play in DC.

She actually met him once while in school too. She's 6'1" and when they met his only words were, 'Your tall' He was young then.....

dualburn001
May 24, 2002, 11:09 PM
Wow! Apple has to stir up rumors if we're talking about macs and basketball.

But just for the record, i'm going for the lakers!

Go Kobe!!!!

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:08 AM
i hate the lakers. but i think they'll win

personally i like philly. allen has tats that match some of mine so me and him is tight!

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:12 AM
I like to watch the NBA finals, but I much prefer college B-Ball. I like the traditional powers, but I love my Crimson Tide. They have had two great years in a row, and were a perinial sweet sixteen the late 80's and early 90's. Next year we should be preseason top 10, possibly 5. We have a great coach, and I think the most under rated player in the country in Erwin Dudley.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:16 AM
I gotta say that college ball is much more fun to watch sometimes...

But it p*sses me off when these young kids (I can say kids since I'm older than them now) act like they are owed the same superstar treatment as the NBA stars.

It's all about "bling-bling", "show me the money" BS...what happened to the "love of the game"?!?

Backtothemac
May 25, 2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I gotta say that college ball is much more fun to watch sometimes...

But it p*sses me off when these young kids (I can say kids since I'm older than them now) act like they are owed the same superstar treatment as the NBA stars.

It's all about "bling-bling", "show me the money" BS...what happened to the "love of the game"?!?

I will tell you what kills me. The fact that High School kids now have press conferences to announce where they are going to go to school. I think that is just sick. Period. It puts them into a category that they should not be in, and I think puts to much pressure on them to succeed in college.

Rower_CPU
May 25, 2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I will tell you what kills me. The fact that High School kids now have press conferences to announce where they are going to go to school. I think that is just sick. Period. It puts them into a category that they should not be in, and I think puts to much pressure on them to succeed in college.

Word. Not everyone is a Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett, but damned if everyone's not trying to be them anyway...:rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
May 25, 2002, 01:22 AM
ahem...

i would like to thank everyone for coming out... next year, i'm going to enroll in salisbury state with a full athletic scholarship for basketball.

it was a tough choice, but unc and duke were unable to prove to me that they are the future, while salisbury.... wow, what can i even begin to say about salisbury.

class acts all around. great team. great coach (what's his name again?). i am gonna love it there. assuming some nba team doesn't set me up first.

i love you salisbury