Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I am not too familiar with the current gen x3100 integrated intel Video card... I know it is not stellar for games to say the least, but how would It handle the Sims too at the MacBook's native res?

My wife has a current gen, 2.4GHz Penryn MacBook, 2GB Ram and wants to play but I dont want to buy the game + its like 40 expansion packs if its going to run like crap.

Thanks alll

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Gawd it has nothing to do with OS X :rolleyes: more like the integrated graphics card. I run Sims 2 with various expansion packs on my MBP and it runs exceptionally well, just as it should.

olliebraves20

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Lansing, MI
I know saying this is like beating a dead horse but I sure wish the macbook came with the option of a dedicated card. Maybe in the next revision...who knows...

Note: When asking how a game works on a machine you are going to get some people that think it works great and others that think that is sucks...it's such an opinion based question...just keep that in mind when you get responses.....

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
i am running it on a Macbook Air w/ a 1.6ghz merom processor, a smaller HD, and the same graphics card under windows xp sp3 through boot camp at medium settings perfectly fine. if you run it under Mac OS X, it probably will be a bit worse as Aspyr doesnt usually do a good job porting games over. as the others said, the fans will kick up but the performance is acceptable and not sluggish

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Gawd it has nothing to do with OS X :rolleyes: more like the integrated graphics card. I run Sims 2 with various expansion packs on my MBP and it runs exceptionally well, just as it should.

Considering my girlfriends family PC (A dell vista machine with GMA950) happily runs Sims 2, kinda shows, it is OSX

To the OP: I'd say install Windows XP and install Sims 2 on there, should happily run :)

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Considering my girlfriends family PC (A dell vista machine with GMA950) happily runs Sims 2, kinda shows, it is OSX

To the OP: I'd say install Windows XP and install Sims 2 on there, should happily run :)

Actually it kinda shows it's how badly Aspyr ported it over, it's not Apple's responsibility :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.