Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
What are good girl games that will run good on a MacBook with Intel Graphics x3100, 2.4GHz Penryn?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
What kind of games does your wife like? How about "spot the object" games like I Spy Spooky Mansion? This type of game involves pictures with bunches of objects to visually identify. My wife loves these types of games and the MacBook will play them all, including other series like Mystery Case Files. Your MacBook will also play most gambling games. On the MacOS it will also play games like Riddle of the Sphinx, however I don't know if this has been checked out for running on an intel Mac. More recently Penumbra Overture, a decent mystery game will play on MacBooks with x3100 chipsets. And don't forget to check out the list of games at Apple.

And if you feel like installing Windows (I recommend XP) you can play a variety of low overhead mystery games like Nancy Drew and Riddle of the Sphinx (which is still available new for PC).

ninewhereman

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
From your post looks like you are looking for games for her. Sims is good, my wife loves playing that game. Diner dash is also a lot of fun. I have wasted quite a bit of time on that game. There is an online version, but I still prefer the retail version.

I usually find that the card games or more casual games are what my mom, wife, and sister get into. You can find a lot of card games and such on apples site for not too much. Might be cheaper elsewhere, but I haven't checked.

Hope this helps. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
From your post looks like you are looking for games for her. Sims is good, my wife loves playing that game. Diner dash is also a lot of fun. I have wasted quite a bit of time on that game. There is an online version, but I still prefer the retail version.

I usually find that the card games or more casual games are what my mom, wife, and sister get into. You can find a lot of card games and such on apples site for not too much. Might be cheaper elsewhere, but I haven't checked.

Hope this helps. :)

Sims, yep, a very popular female game. All of our friend's daughters have played it at one point or another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.