Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jroug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
When App Store was announced, I recall (perhaps it was my imagination) that there was or was going to be a loactor app that would use the GPS function to locate your phone and then display all of your contacts in that area on a map. My presumption was that it would work in the same way map based searches work when you enter something like "Target" - with multiple pin-drops that show your contacts. Does this exist? I just started trolling the App Store tonight, but I couldn't find anything that matches this. Would be very useful to me.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Contrary to the above post............i don't believe that there are any apps right now that would display contact addresses on the maps via pin drops. though that would be a fairly cool app.

jroug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Soc Net Apps don't seem to have it

I've found the Social Networking Apps are good for telling others where I am or posting my location to the net, but they don't show my area contacts (at least as far as I can tell). This App would be really useful for me and I can imagine lots of uses for business and social networking. Hope someone creates it, because I don't have the skills.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
I really want an app similar to this. One that has its own maps built in, and you can create an account (inside the app. nothing to do with outside of the app at all) you get another person with an iphone to have this app and an account. you both login and you can see each other on the map and possibly exchange messages to each other. That would be soooo handy and just a great app in general.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.