Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helianthus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
So on a whim 2 days ago, I ended up buying a 16gb iPhone and signing one of Rogers' ridiculous contracts. Now, I would like some assistance as to where I can pick up a hard, glossy black case within the next couple days. I read the last several pages in the accessories forum, but I'm having difficulty finding something that is actually available and not on backorder/preorder.

My ideal case is the Color Naked Case from Case-Mate (http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/Colored-Naked-Cases-for-iPhone-3G)

I have also found some others that are similar:
Ivy Skin XyloT3 in Jet Black (http://www.ivyskin.com/detail.php?proid=68)
Contour Flick (http://www.contourcase.com/flick/flickiphone3G/)

I prefer the style of the Case-Mate and Ivy Skin cases because they have screen protection included.

Any suggestions on where to get these cases or similar cases in Canada would be much appreciated.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I am currently using a Power Support Anti Glare screen protector, though any will do. I prefer the anti glare because it resists finger prints, though the crystal films look better.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I also have the Flick/PS Anti-Glare combo, and I gotta say I'm very pleased with it. I might pick up a Slider case if they ever make it in glossy black (not a fan of matte), but who knows when or if that will happen. I can vouch for the Flick though. Great case. And do get a screen protector because the Flick doesn't come with one itself. BTW, I ordered mine from the Apple Store online (also in Canada, no Apple Stores nearby). Not sure what other retailers would carry it.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
Flick Contour comes in a black glossy finish. It's very low profile, so, it looks like part of the phone, not a case. I also like how it allows some of the chrome bezel to show.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I also have the Flick/PS Anti-Glare combo, and I gotta say I'm very pleased with it. I might pick up a Slider case if they ever make it in glossy black (not a fan of matte), but who knows when or if that will happen. I can vouch for the Flick though. Great case. And do get a screen protector because the Flick doesn't come with one itself. BTW, I ordered mine from the Apple Store online (also in Canada, no Apple Stores nearby). Not sure what other retailers would carry it.

Incase is sending me a glossy black slider for the 3g so I assume it's coming out soon. Mine is a replacement for the Matte I had that started to peel.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Incase is sending me a glossy black slider for the 3g so I assume it's coming out soon. Mine is a replacement for the Matte I had that started to peel.

Thanks for that info! I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking about the glossy black but haven't heard anything yet from them. Good to know it's coming. Thx again!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks for that info! I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking about the glossy black but haven't heard anything yet from them. Good to know it's coming. Thx again!

I called back to verify and the guy screwed up, there is no glossy black for the 3g.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Helianthus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Thanks for the input. As the Flick is pretty much the only that is readily available here, I'll have to go for a Flick/Screen Protector combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.