Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
There is a Mac OSX framework that I would like to use in an iphone app, but it is not included in the iPhone SDK.

I dont see any technical reasons why this framework would not function on the iPhone, so is it possible to simply import this framework into my code?

As I understand it frameworks are a collection of source code that is compiled and included as part of the app source code, correct? Or do i have it wrong and they are simply pointers to the actual code that resides in the iPhone itself?

If the latter is true then I guess its not possible to use this framework unless apple includes it in the iphone os.

Luke Redpath

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Colchester, UK
I'm using an external JSON framework which is designed to run on the iPhone so I don't see why other third-party frameworks shouldn't run as long as they are compatible.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
Is this app on the app store? I guess apple cant really know if your not using their iphone frameworks either way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.