PDA

View Full Version : What's your worst song ever??

iGav
Jan 13, 2004, 01:31 PM
On New Years day here in Blighty, Channel Four had the 100 Worst Songs Ever....

Out of all those 'Gems' over the years, it was voted that the 'Cheeky Girls' with the 'Cheeky Song' was the absolute WORST SONG EVER....

It ain't... no where near... :eek: in my opinion it's 'Queen' with 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.... it's total and utter CRAP!!!

So then pop pickers... which songs make you want to destroy your car radio by driving off a cliff every time it oozes out of the speakers?? :eek: :p :p

edesignuk
Jan 13, 2004, 01:36 PM
Celiene Dions soundtrack for Titanic *slits wrists*

iGav
Jan 13, 2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Celiene Dions soundtrack for Titanic *slits wrists*

load a.44 Magnum you mean... it would take 4.5 minutes to die if you slit your wrists... the same length as the song.... *quickly loads 2nd bulliet just incase* heheheh

edesignuk
Jan 13, 2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by iGAV
*quickly loads 2nd bulliet just incase* heheheh
Greedy bastard, save one of 'em for me!!!! :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jan 13, 2004, 02:02 PM
Absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing is worse that this (http://maigret.psy.ohio-state.edu/%7Etrish/tambourine.au)

William "Captain Kirk" Shatner trying to sing Mr. Tambourine Man.....

It doesn't get any better than this for bad music. :D

D

kettle
Jan 13, 2004, 02:09 PM
I think B.R. was a victim of its own success. I used to like listening to it and apprieciating the extra yard the band must have gone effort wise, to produce such a risky yet popular tune. personally I've heard too much of it. The Cheeky Girls however has just the worst sentiment for ever being or wanting to be creative.

SilvorX
Jan 13, 2004, 04:08 PM
any eminem tune for me is worst ever :S

krimson
Jan 13, 2004, 04:30 PM
super commercial cheesy Sandstorm by Darude. :rolleyes:

noxes
Jan 14, 2004, 01:58 AM
Christian Music, hate people trying to force there faith on people, except for POD there music sounds good.

vollspacken
Jan 14, 2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
William "Captain Kirk" Shatner trying to sing Mr. Tambourine Man.....

c'mon, I love that album... really, I do, especially "rocket man" (or "rock-it man", as he pronounces it ;) )

worst song ever? for me it's got to be anything by Phil Collins..!

eeeeeeek *runs away and pukes out of the window*

vSpacken

bbarnhart
Jan 14, 2004, 06:52 AM
"White Wedding" by Billy Idol. We told the DJ at our wedding that if he played that song or the chicken song or anything like that, ie "Monie Monie" by Billy Idol, "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield etc, he wouldn't get paid. No matter if people requested it and begged. You should have seen the look on his face.

jbembe
Jan 14, 2004, 08:40 AM
Don't worry, be happy?

Spice Girls-- but then any boy/girl band is mostly sickening

Most new country that's more pop rock with fake twangy voices.

NuMetal that sounds mostly like spoiled rich brats whining about their parents not giving them that porsche they wanted... Limp Biscuit

p.s. just because wayne's world ruined it doesn't mean it's a bad song!!

iGav
Jan 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by jbembe
p.s. just because wayne's world ruined it doesn't mean it's a bad song!!

now don't go and do that... don't try and romanticise 'Bohemian Rhapsody' :eek: :p :p

WinterMute
Jan 14, 2004, 01:42 PM
now don't go and do that... don't try and romanticise 'Bohemian Rhapsody' :eek: :p :p

Oh, come on:

Scaramoush, scaramoush, can you do the fandango?

Who could fail to be moved by such poetry?

(ducks)

Undoubtedly anything by that moaning, dafs up the arse wanker Morrissey and his happy band of idiots The Smiths (although it turns out Jonny Marr knows a good tune when he hears one).

Otherwise, Bon Jovi's entire back catalog...

;)

slipper
Jan 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
OMG i beat all you guys by far....the macarena

Jetson
Jan 14, 2004, 02:56 PM
Here's a small list of my most hated songs:

"You Sexy Thing" - Hot Chocolate

"My Sharona" - The Knack

"I Touch Myself" - Eve 6

"That Smell" - Lynard Skynard

balconycollapse
Jan 14, 2004, 04:22 PM
Ok this seriously is the worst album and worst music i have ever heard! You should read the reviews on amazon as well. Good for a laugh, i'm telling all my friends about it. Can't believe this is on iTMS!!!?!?!?! Quality control where are you!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=4288329

Evanescent Dream is the name of the group

amazon info

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004W59F/ref=ase_bridgebooks/104-8077874-3849531?v=glance&s=music

latergator116
Jan 14, 2004, 07:59 PM
Well lets see... I don't like Ludacris, but that's not a song. I would have to say most rap songs and anything by Justin Timberlake, Brittney Spears, and most other pop stars.

Though I have to admit, I did buy a Brittney cd at Borders once. :p

slipper
Jan 14, 2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
Well lets see... I don't like Ludacris, but that's not a song. I would have to say most rap songs and anything by Justin Timberlake, Brittney Spears, and most other pop stars.

Though I have to admit, I did buy a Brittney cd at Borders once. :p theres nothing wrong with appreciating britneys beauty

MattG
Jan 15, 2004, 08:15 AM
Anything Rap.

MrSmith
Jan 15, 2004, 09:18 AM
While we're talking entire genres...

JAZZ

It's beyond pretentious - it's just utter, utter CR@P. Especially if they start singing as well...

iGav
Jan 15, 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by slipper
OMG i beat all you guys by far....the macarena

but that was supposed to be utter crap! ;)

Where as 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was a serious song.... well as serious as a song can be with which has "Scaramoush, Scaramoush" in it's lyrics... :eek: :p :p

And to make matters worse, Queen tried it again with 'Innuendo' :rolleyes: :eek: :p :p

latergator116
Jan 15, 2004, 02:52 PM
theres nothing wrong with appreciating britneys beauty

hehehe... yeah... but that's about all.

edesignuk
Jan 15, 2004, 03:03 PM
Not at all, just so long as you don't start to appreciate her "music" ;)

Jetson
Jan 15, 2004, 10:13 PM
*deleted*

iGav
Jan 16, 2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Not at all, just so long as you don't start to appreciate her "music" ;)

bahahahahahahahaha :p :p :p

she has really short legs though..... :eek: not my type at all... ;)

Anyway.... back to the task at hand.... Britneys music is crap, but not the 'daddy' of crap... that's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' :p :p

toontra
Jan 16, 2004, 04:25 AM
In my life as a musician looking for singers, I was once sent a tape of a song called "Fun is Great" by a UK former topless model (no-one "famous", I hasten to add!). A sort of Euro-pop thing with out-of-tune squeaky voice and undoubtedly the worst lyrics ever, as suggested by the title.

I have to say that it kept the studio crew entertained for hours with side-splitting laughter and disbelief. Some-one eventually nicked the tape so I'm afraid there is no lasting memento of this classic to share with you. If you did hear it, you would have to agree it was the worst song ever!

iGav
Jan 16, 2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by toontra
In my life as a musician looking for singers, I was once sent a tape of a song called "Fun is Great" by a UK former topless model (no-one "famous", I hasten to add!). A sort of Euro-pop thing with out-of-tune squeaky voice and undoubtedly the worst lyrics ever, as suggested by the title.

I have to say that it kept the studio crew entertained for hours with side-splitting laughter and disbelief. Some-one eventually nicked the tape so I'm afraid there is no lasting memento of this classic to share with you. If you did hear it, you would have to agree it was the worst song ever!

*iGav types in 'Fun Is Great' into Poisoned to try and locate a copy to see if it really is worthy of toppling 'Bohemian Rhapsody' from it's golden pedestal* :p

Frisco
Jan 17, 2004, 07:29 PM
David Hasselhof, "This is the Moment", in Jekyll & Hyde

vollspacken
Jan 18, 2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Frisco
David Hasselhof, "This is the Moment", in Jekyll & Hyde

OMFG!!! that jerk was HUGE over here in Germany a couple of years ago (maybe 10 years?!)... one of my friends actually went to a Hasselhof concert...

he has come a long way since those days: - first Hasselhof, - by now: Ty, Roots Manuva, Quannum etc. ...

"I've been looking for freedom..!"

;)

vSpacken

Trekkie
Jan 18, 2004, 10:08 AM
I would have to agree with the Celine Dion my heart would go on thing. I think that one gets the award in many categories. # of times it was played too much, amount of crap press it got, etc.

All over a stupid movie too.

dave1234
Jan 19, 2004, 10:19 PM
Id have to agree, William Shattner, ooo he is bad, my worst song is definitley..."ROCKIT MAN"!

Mac-Xpert
Jan 28, 2004, 09:03 AM
I would say, anything from Mariah Carey.

As someone once said:
The ultimate form of torture would be to be tied up to a chair and have to listen to all Mariah Carey albums.

I have to agree, I don't think my heart (or maybe better: my ears) could take it. :p

mike3k
Jan 28, 2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by latergator116

Though I have to admit, I did buy a Brittney cd at Borders once. :p

Britney Spears is the worst singer ever. I absolutely hate everything about her. I don't even like her looks. I also really hate Celine Dion's "my stomach will turn" (someone actually did a parody with that title).

Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song, however.

esternullo
Jan 28, 2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by noxes
Christian Music, hate people trying to force there faith on people, except for POD there music sounds good.

i am not a religous man, but Five Iron Frenzy is another good christian band...

also local punk rockers, Johnny Respect...

esternullo
Jan 28, 2004, 11:50 AM
my worst song....

Billy Ray Cirrus' "Achy-Breaky Heart"

i hate that song. a few months ago he was actually playing a gig in the metro-detroit area... AT A RESTRAUNT, congrats to billy on his spectacular carreer...

maybe he should stick to acting, he didn't do half bad in Mulholland Dr.

esternullo
Jan 28, 2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Trekkie
I would have to agree with the Celine Dion my heart would go on thing. I think that one gets the award in many categories. # of times it was played too much, amount of crap press it got, etc.

All over a stupid movie too.

god bless infotainment, good old press....

last year's auto show had Chrysler feature Celine Dion on charity night. and the new chrysler ad campaigns featured her new song (the drive all night song), and most the ads for the auto show, and got hourly rotation on detroit's soft rock and smooth jazz radio stations (including the one i am forced to listen to at work:-( ).

i hope she "drives all night", hopefully off a ********** cliff....

Mac-Xpert
Jan 29, 2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by esternullo
i hope she "drives all night", hopefully off a ********** cliff.... Yeah!! and she should take Britney and Mariah along for the ride aswell :D

edesignuk
Jan 29, 2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Mac-Xpert
Yeah!! and she should take Britney and Mariah along for the ride aswell :D
No, no, no, keep britney, maybe she can just be injured meaning she can no longer talk (and there for sing ;)).

fiat lux
Jan 29, 2004, 02:24 PM
Josh Groban "You Raise Me Up" is right down there in the bottom of the barrel, IMHO.

fiat lux
Jan 29, 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by esternullo
god bless infotainment, good old press....

last year's auto show had Chrysler feature Celine Dion on charity night. and the new chrysler ad campaigns featured her new song (the drive all night song), and most the ads for the auto show, and got hourly rotation on detroit's soft rock and smooth jazz radio stations (including the one i am forced to listen to at work:-( ).

Don't particularly like Celine Dion but the original Cyndi Lauper tune was decent. I remember walking around Greenwich Village listening to the cassette on my Walkman shortly after getting dumped and feeling slightly better for listening to it. (boy do I feel old now!)

scem0
Jan 29, 2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Mac-Xpert
I would say, anything from Mariah Carey.

Why? I have trouble understanding how one could think songs like 'Hero' and 'Forever' are the worst songs ever.

As for my pick of the worst song it is most definitely Chingy's 'Right Thurr'....

That song makes me want to vomit. :rolleyes: ;)

scem0

Mark James
Jan 30, 2004, 09:20 AM
On New Years day here in Blighty, Channel Four had the 100 Worst Songs Ever....
I'm an atheist, but I was praying that the number one would be either Bohemian Rhapsody or, even better, Imagine.

Mac-Xpert
Jan 30, 2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by scem0
Why? I have trouble understanding how one could think songs like 'Hero' and 'Forever' are the worst songs ever. Well I can't even start explaining what's bad about her. One listen should be sufficient I’d say :D. But to give it a try:

First of all, it seems to me like she’s trying to use 9 octaves in everything she sings. Like she’s doing some sort of vocal practice. And then there is this typical Mariah 0ooho youhooho aahhha ieeee sort of singing, that makes me want to throw up. And then the music behind this awful singing is crap too. This sort of supposed hip-sounding mediocre playing from mediocre musicians. And so on, and on...

It seems to me that you would probably love Celine and Britney too. Good music (TM) is probably not really your thing. :rolleyes:
;)

The Dreaming
Feb 9, 2004, 04:43 PM
Anything by the Barenaked Ladies. They are indisputably the worst band of all time. If I hear one song by them, I'm infuriated for about “one week”. Those bastards.

iGav
Feb 10, 2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Mark James
I'm an atheist, but I was praying that the number one would be either Bohemian Rhapsody or, even better, Imagine.

I'd go for that...

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. Imagine

;) :p :p

What I still can't understand is that Cheeky Girls was voted worst... now we all know it was a poor, poor song, but it was never intended to be a classic song... disposable pop... that's all.

Where as 'Bohemian Rhapsody' I fail to see why it's always lauded as being THE classic song... it's terrible, and totally failed to juxtapose the different genres it represents together, and they tried it again with 'Innuendo' 2 decades later... and failed just as spectacularly :rolleyes:

amake
Feb 20, 2004, 10:21 AM
Ok, first of all, Bohemian Rhapsody rocks. Period.

Second, you haven't heard bad until you've heard... Cherry Bikini. Download her absolutely horrific songs here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000083KMH/qid=1077294026/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5505222-0805468?v=glance) (Amazon.com free download).

Sasha3
Feb 29, 2004, 04:32 PM
For me it has to be Shatner doing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. My brother didn't believe me when I told him about it so I EBayed a purchase and sure enough we were rolling in tears of laughter then heading for the john. It is so bad and embarassing I can't even listen to it privately for any shred of amusement. It hurts that much.
I recall one pledge drive on KPFA in Berkeley late one night when there were no calls coming in and the DJ threatened to play McArthur Park over and over till someone called in some bucks. Sure enough after a minute into the second spin the dough came rolling in. Then there was the show on NPR called The Annoying Music Program that was a scream.
Oh, and for edesignuk, I bouight The Scissors Sisters abomination and can't wait to listen to it. So put your knives away.

dukemeiser
Feb 29, 2004, 07:32 PM
How about anything by Metallica. :X

womencantsail
Feb 29, 2004, 09:10 PM
Anything played on Radio Disney. Mickey Mouse is a whore.

AngryLawnGnome
Feb 29, 2004, 09:18 PM
My friend's band. They suck.

biohazard6969
Jun 12, 2005, 10:31 PM
stupid macarena, makes me just want to die!!! :mad:

Sirus The Virus
Jun 27, 2005, 05:51 PM
Ok this seriously is the worst album and worst music i have ever heard! You should read the reviews on amazon as well. Good for a laugh, i'm telling all my friends about it. Can't believe this is on iTMS!!!?!?!?! Quality control where are you!

amazon info

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004W59F/ref=ase_bridgebooks/104-8077874-3849531?v=glance&s=music
oh my gosh!

Lau
Jun 27, 2005, 08:00 PM
Anything by The Lighthouse Family. Bland, awful pish. I don't mind a comedy bad song, but bland gets right on my bosoms.

puckhead193
Jun 27, 2005, 08:24 PM
Baha men - who let the dogs out
effiel 65 - i'm blue
:eek:

ecche
Jun 27, 2005, 08:55 PM
'pop music' by a band called 'm'.

zap2
Jun 27, 2005, 09:10 PM
It ain't... no where near... :eek: in my opinion it's 'Queen' with 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.... it's total and utter CRAP!!!

Thats one of the BEST songs ever!!!! ON my radio sttation they ha da count down of the top 500 best , it was # 7.
U can get the list on wmgk.com( have to sign up to be a insider, just give them an email)

i only listen to good song, and forget ba ones.

alex_ant
Jun 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
I made a playlist in iTunes specifically for my most hated songs. Obviously country and nu metal and so on could fit right in, but I don't have that much drive space. These are not necessarily bad songs, I just personally hate them.

R.E.M. - Man on the Moon (Please, R.E.M., put this song to sleep. Andy Kaufman is dead, just get over it.)
R.E.M. - Bad Day (what happened to R.E.M.???)
Anything by the Stereophonics and Starsailor (two singers that should have their singing licenses revoked)
Radiohead - all that avant-garde ***** they've been doing lately. The Bends totally rocked, but apparently that bald midget Yorke would rather go on complaining about whatever is convenient to complain about at the moment
Anything by the Eagles or James Taylor
Ride - I Don't Know Where It Comes From (if you listen carefully, you can hear the hiss of air seeping out of what was once a truly great band)
The Beatles - Wild Honey Pie
U2 - Suck (sic) in a Moment

Obviously Bohemian Rhapsody is a bad song, but it does at least have some novelty value, and also it was in the movie Wayne's World, in which it inspired a good comedy piece, so I say leave its head off the chopping block for now.

Sirus The Virus
Jun 27, 2005, 09:57 PM
'pop music' by a band called 'm'.

The song was better when U2 did it in Popmart. Zoo TV and Popmart - the two best tours of all time.

zap2
Jun 27, 2005, 10:34 PM
The Beatles - Wild Honey Pie

Obviously Bohemian Rhapsody is a bad song, but it does at least have some novelty value, and also it was in the movie Wayne's World, in which it inspired a good comedy piece, so I say leave its head off the chopping block for now.

HOney pie is a little far out there but almost new sogns are much worse, Bohemain is a GREAT songs, i can not see what u dis like about it. THen again i cna not see what people see in RAP, to each is own

xsedrinam
Jun 27, 2005, 10:54 PM
I'd go for that...

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. Imagine

;) :p :p

What I still can't understand is that Cheeky Girls was voted worst... now we all know it was a poor, poor song, but it was never intended to be a classic song... disposable pop... that's all.

Where as 'Bohemian Rhapsody' I fail to see why it's always lauded as being THE classic song... it's terrible, and totally failed to juxtapose the different genres it represents together, and they tried it again with 'Innuendo' 2 decades later... and failed just as spectacularly :rolleyes:

1. Imagine
1.5 My Way
1.5.1 The Twelve Days of Christmas

It's good you're an atheist, 'cause I'm sure those three play in a 24/7 loop in hell :eek:
X

AliensAreFuzzy
Jun 27, 2005, 10:55 PM
This (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=3851341&selectedItemId=3927571) is the worst/funniest song to ever exist: From "Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Body Workout". It's Raining Men

xsedrinam
Jun 27, 2005, 11:01 PM
Here's from my 18 year old son:
worst ever - Lucky by Britney Spears
one of the best ever - The Luckiest by Ben Folds
X

Mavimao
Jun 27, 2005, 11:18 PM
What's with all the Queen dissing? my god, it's like you guys are bent on their destruction!

Well, if I were to pick a song I hate...

Smooth Jazz is pretty bad. I don't know what that guy was talking about eariler with ALL jazz being bad. You just gotta know how to pick the bad apples from the good.

That madonna song "Hey Mr DJ..." whatever that was called. So annoying. What was more annoying was that it grew on you!

mxpiazza
Jun 27, 2005, 11:43 PM
OMC - How Bizzare
mamba #5, whoever sang that pile of worthlessness

iArtificialLife
Jun 28, 2005, 12:20 AM
i second the thing about the Emeniem thing. The only album i would buy from him would be the album about his life. Ethinicly challenged sounds like a good name for it. But for the worst song ever, probably a tie between Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, or the "i am the kid from mokingbird lane" sung by the kid who played Eddie from the muensters

Jaffa Cake
Jun 28, 2005, 03:01 AM
A Horse With No Name by America – completely and utterly inexcusable.

pulsewidth947
Jun 28, 2005, 05:20 AM
Why hasnt anyone from the UK mentioned - 'The Tweets - The Birdie Song' yet? Thats arguably the most offensive thing my fragile ears have had to deal with. Heh I've got a lasting image of TV news footage of the Tory party all stood round in a group doing the birdie song dance.. hehehe thats reason enough to never vote for them!

Or that stupid ****ing frog, which was only knocked off the top slot this week. Shocking. I've just heard the news about the new single they are releasing which is the Crazy Frog - Popcorn. I think I'm going to be sick.

Prelude2Tragedy
Jun 28, 2005, 06:14 AM
i am not a religous man, but Five Iron Frenzy is another good christian band...

also local punk rockers, Johnny Respect...

Yeah Five Iron is amazing..saw one of their farewell concert's and when they played warped tour, Incredible musicians.

Aeolius
Jun 28, 2005, 06:23 AM
Anything by Steve Perry, John Cougar, Stevie Nicks, or Madonna...all rap music...most country music...christian music (rock, country, et al)...most heavy metal, etc etc etc...

Jaffa Cake
Jun 28, 2005, 06:43 AM
Why hasnt anyone from the UK mentioned - 'The Tweets - The Birdie Song' yet? Thats arguably the most offensive thing my fragile ears have had to deal with.It's an annoying song, certainly... but I wouldn't say it's the worst song ever. It was a novelty hit, and by definition they (almost) never claim to be pieces of musical genius. I think most people just see them as a bit of fun – they'll happily ignore them and just let them get on with it. Really awful songs, in my opinion at least, are the ones that really grate but are still under the delusion that they're actually good musically.

But I'll agree with you on one thing – that bloody frog deserves to die.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jun 28, 2005, 06:51 AM
Since this thread is back from the very hard sleeping I'll contribute...

I've provided this link in another thread (Crazy Frog song recommendation-thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=130341)), but in many ways it's much more fitting here. This song (http://www.geek.no/__dill/1989-summerhit.m4a), a major hit in Norway in '89, is one of the worst, ever... To make it even worse: I was working for a local radio station at the time and had to play it several times a day (about hourly rotation)... I was relying heavily on different kinds of relaxing stimuli that summer... ;)

U2Rules!
Jun 28, 2005, 08:42 AM
Worst songs ever is between Mambo #5 by Lou Vega and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf.

rendezvouscp
Jul 8, 2005, 01:26 AM
Alright, for all you Britney music haters out there, I've got something for you.

I thought that some of her songs were repulsive too. I mean come on, what could be worse?

But then I discovered an album called Punk Goes Pop. It's about Punk artists singing Pop music in a Punk style. Some of the first tracks actually sound pretty good.

But then I got to the end of the CD, with Sometimes performed by Reach the Sky and Baby One More time performed by Nicotine. Absolutely the worst sounds that ever entered my ears. I'd rather listen to Britney than them.
-Chase

Doctor Q
Jul 8, 2005, 01:42 AM
...Mambo #5...Looks like a few of us here have that tune and can't explain why. :rolleyes: Perhaps we need to start a self-help group.

angelneo
Jul 8, 2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah!! and she should take Britney and Mariah along for the ride aswell :D
omg, you guys really crack me up... I can't stop laughing at how funny and true I wish it would be.

Jaffa Cake
Jul 8, 2005, 06:47 AM
...Mambo #5 by Lou Vega...Over here in the UK Channel 4 use this song (albeit shorn of vocals) as the theme music for their cricket coverage. Used in this context I think it sounds pretty good myself.

CanadaRAM
Jul 8, 2005, 06:59 AM
Haven't reviewed the whole thread -- any votes for "Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band? Chirpy, inane vocals, and a truly bad sound effect - whenever they sing "sky rockets in flight -aaaaarrrrrrrggghhh " it sounds like an old airplane flying past.

H@## and D@#&@^!0# now I've got it in my head. Why oh why do I remember the stupid lyrics 20 years later... :eek: :eek:

"Thinking of you, working up an appetite
gettin' ready for a little afternoon delight
My motto's always been when it's right it's right
why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?

Skyyyy rockets in flight
AAARRRRRGGGGHH
Afternoon delight!

AA-A-A-A---A-A-AAAAAAAA Afternoon delight!"

There. Now I have infected you with it.

I feel better now.

dcv
Jul 8, 2005, 07:46 AM
I don't know the names of the songs, but anything and everything by the Scissor Sisters makes my ears bleeed. Aaaarrrrrrggh it's not music, it's just diabolical noise, I can't stand it!!

Dagless
Jul 8, 2005, 07:57 AM
anything mosher/goth/rap. its just like their out to prove something? and anything on MTV. apart from MHS, who used to be good but are now pretty crap since adopting that 'Californian' way of singing, i mean cummon! they're from the Hebrides for gods sake!

all that new american stuff too, and EMO.

i dont like a lotta music but i love what i like.

Dagless
Jul 8, 2005, 08:00 AM
I don't know the names of the songs, but anything and everything by the Scissor Sisters makes my ears bleeed. Aaaarrrrrrggh it's not music, it's just diabolical noise, I can't stand it!!

you're filthy and gorgeous (??)... yea i know what you mean. its stupid. makes less sense than vintage David Bowie too.

OnceUGoMac
Jul 8, 2005, 08:43 AM
:) Christian Music, hate people trying to force there faith on people, except for POD there music sounds good.

Another discounted blanked statement. *throws into the rubbish bin* :p

However, I dislike Creed very much.

OnceUGoMac
Jul 8, 2005, 08:45 AM
"White Wedding" by Billy Idol. We told the DJ at our wedding that if he played that song or the chicken song or anything like that, ie "Monie Monie" by Billy Idol, "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield etc, he wouldn't get paid. No matter if people requested it and begged. You should have seen the look on his face.

Mony Mony is a Tommy James and the Shondells song. Or do you just not like the cover?

That's funny, because I just downloaded Bily Idol from iTunes last night. Ha! :D

LiLeah04
Jul 12, 2005, 08:23 PM
Who Let the Dogs Out (I forgot who sings it) and anything by Britney Spears

Doctor Q
Jul 12, 2005, 11:33 PM
Who Let the Dogs Out (I forgot who sings it) and anything by Britney SpearsIt's by Baha Men, apparently. Last night my mom gave our kids a stuffed dog she bought from a charity. You squeeze its paw and it plays a recording of Who Let the Dogs Out. It's an absolutely awful toy to have around the house. :eek:

Mac-Xpert
Jul 14, 2005, 09:08 AM
It's by Baha Men, apparently. Last night my mom gave our kids a stuffed dog she bought from a charity. You squeeze its paw and it plays a recording of Who Let the Dogs Out. It's an absolutely awful toy to have around the house. :eek::eek:
Lucky for you they don't sell toys with recordings of Britney, Celine or Mariah in them. :D

Mac-Xpert
Jul 14, 2005, 09:16 AM

amazon info

I didn't listen to these links last year when I first posted my replies in this thread. Listening to these now, I have to say this is hilarious :p . Indeed some of the worst music I ever heard. I have to say the producer also helped out by putting a insane amount of reverb on everything, and taking all the bass out of the mix, brilliant!!! :D

ADDED: Another excellent thing about this album is that every song sounds *exactly* the same!! I could just see people buying this to annoy their neighbors. Give this record a couple of spins and they will surely move out as quickly as they can. :p

thequicksilver
Jul 14, 2005, 10:33 AM
A friend and I created an electronic music collective called Q-biq Xpression last year. Our first album was called 'Really Bad Music'. It is Really Bad Music.

Listen to it (http://www.mikeserieys.co.uk/blog/archives/music/000012.html). You know you want to.

jdechko
Jul 15, 2005, 08:32 AM
There are so many songs/artists (and a few entire genres) that I can't stand, so it is hard to limit it to just one, but for starters, how about any crap put out by the 'American Idols.'

quigleybc
Jul 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
Gotta be that Frog song that is, for song unknown reason, blowing up in the UK right now,

What's the deal with that?!!

It beat out Coldplay and others for the top spot...

People from the Uk should be up in arms over this.

I mean it is a song based on a friggin ring tone....

unreal

iCe Cube
Jul 15, 2005, 07:06 PM
the worst:

Jay-Z's 'Jigga What Jigga Who' in the Hardknock life album. The Linkin Park collab was better.

I love Jay-Z but that song stank like hell. I also think 50 cent's Gunz Come Out from Thee Massacre was also terrible

The Truth
Jul 16, 2005, 10:51 AM
I can't remember what it's called... that song by those lame try-hard punks "this is the anthem, throw all your hands up". I got news for you, if you have to tell people that it's the anthem, then it isn't.

...oh, and anything by this guy (http://www.icompositions.com/artists/Diversion/).

I'm sure there's plenty more that I can't think of.

feyd_ehway
Jul 19, 2005, 03:14 AM
ewwww. yeah that mariah carrey is pretty scank. (pray she goes away....) and i feel bad about making fun of celine dion (because she has proven money cant buy beauty :eek: ) but yeah that damn titantic song. why couldnt the master copies gone down with the ship?
i also find cake extremely annoying.
But my two least 'performers' <---term used loosely are;
new kids on the block :mad:
and
debbie gibson :mad:

small infusion of happiness after seeing clips of the first season(?) vh1s surreal-life finding out he is just a fat looser; striking out & embarracing himself major to all the entertainment world. :p maybe he can plead to be on that lame celebrity heavy weights???

jdechko
Jul 19, 2005, 07:17 AM
I can't remember what it's called... that song by those lame try-hard punks "this is the anthem, throw all your hands up". I got news for you, if you have to tell people that it's the anthem, then it isn't.

Good Charlotte - The Anthem

Oh, and I have another... "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne... it's just too cliche to be a decent song.

phaeton
Jul 19, 2005, 08:35 AM
Almost everyone i know dislikes "The Tiger Lillies" ... how come? :D .. I like 'em

What i really don't like is that Britney-wannabe currently playing on our radio at the office, telling me to live my life the way i want to.. omg... has she any idea what life is outside her copycat world?

zelmo
Jul 19, 2005, 08:56 AM
Any song by Air Supply. I challenge anyone to listen to one of their songs and find it remotely enjoyable.

scem0
Jul 19, 2005, 02:13 PM
It seems to me that you would probably love Celine and Britney too. Good music (TM) is probably not really your thing. :rolleyes:
;)

Thanks for the stereotypes. I think Celine is talented, but not my cup of tea. Her voice gets boring, to me. I think Brittney is a pretty good dancer, and nothing else. I don't have a single Brittney song in my iTunes collection, I have one Celine song and it's not that god-awful Titanic song ("I surrender" is the one I have, if anyone cares).

For your information, I despise Mariah's ****** hip hop music. I adore her ballads. Her pop from the 90s was also very good, but nothing that stands out.

'Good' is a subjective word... There is no such thing as 'Good' music. What you think is 'good' is probably bad to me, but I'm not going to say anything innacurate about your music. Observe:

First of all, it seems to me like she’s trying to use 9 octaves in everything she sings. Like she’s doing some sort of vocal practice.

She has a range that is a little over 4 octaves, not 9. Count how many high notes are on all of her #1 hits:

Sweetheart - 0
I still believe - 1 at the end as it fades out, and it isn't even in her whistle register, barely even a high note at all.
Whenever You Call - 0
My All - 0 - she actually hits her lowest note in this song, a note in the male baritone range that I, a tenor, can't hit.
Honey - 0
Always Be My Baby - 0
One Sweet Day - 0
Fantasy - 1 very quiet one at the beginning of the song.
Hero - 0
Dreamlover - 1 but the chorus has her singing the melody in super-head voice along to the instrumental melody, which brings the number up quite a bit, but you can't really hear them because she is singing over them and they are quiet to begin with.
I'll be there (live) - 0
Emotions - too many to count, probably up into the 30's or 40's. Many people consider this her best pop song ever, though. Not really my favorite song, although her vocals are amazing.
I don't Wanna Cry - 0
Someday - 1 at the very end as it fades out.
Love Takes Time - 1 in the background at the climax of the song.
Vision of Love - 2, both in the background
I still believe - 1 in the background as it fades out, you have to turn up your speakers to hear it.

Those were the tracks of her #1's CD, but she has had another #1 since that album:

We Belong together - 0

So the total number of high notes in all her #1 songs sans Emotions because it is an outlier and would bias this statistic: 7. Most of them have 0. Mariah over-using highnotes? Innacurate.

And then there is this typical Mariah 0ooho youhooho aahhha ieeee sort of singing, that makes me want to throw up.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... are you saying you don't like her melismas? Or you don't like the cooing in the background of songs like 'We Belong Together'?

And then the music behind this awful singing is crap too. This sort of supposed hip-sounding mediocre playing from mediocre musicians.
Hip Hop wasn't even introduced into her music till the Rainbow album. I agree with you about the hip hop, I hate the melody to 'we belong together' because it is so hip hop influenced. I don't like that song much at all, to tell the truth, her singing is forced, she didn't sound open at all with her vocals, and the beat is annoying.

But I digress, most of her music isn't hip hop influenced. R&B, yes. Gospel, yes. Hip Hop, only since Rainbow and it didn't really start showing strongly till the Glitter soundtrack.

I think the instruments sound just like any other solo singer with a highlight on their voice. The main instrument in Mariah music is her voice. That's what seperates Mariah, a vocalist, from Brittney, a singer (and a horrible one, at that). Vocalists use their voices as instruments.

Sorry for the big rant, but people love to say innaccurate things about Mariah. You have no idea how many times I've heard "Her high notes are studio magic", "She can't sing live", and that she "over uses high notes". All of that just isn't true.

scem0

onemanarmy9
Jul 19, 2005, 02:56 PM
I'm a little shocked no one's picked on the Teen actresses turned musicians yet. They all suck!!!!! Quite possibly the worst song ever thought of, even for a complete comedy song, is some ****ed up version of Jingle Bells buy some ****ed up producer that called the band the "Jingle Cats". Even for a comedy song, this is bad. Its nothing but a bunch of cats going "Meow" to the tune of Jingle Bells!!!!! Terrible music, especially since the sound makes you go deaf by the end of the song. For actual songs, and bands that think their good, anything by The Darkness has to be the worst, though one could argue that TATU (English translation to "This Girl Loves That Girl") could be considered worse(anything with the inside cover as nothing but porn photos of the singers has to be bad). Either way, They both SUCK!!!!!!!

scem0
Jul 19, 2005, 03:23 PM
Teen actresses turned musicians! Good one... Reminds me that

Hillarry Duff is the spawn of Satan.

scem0

steve jr.
Jul 19, 2005, 11:57 PM
Sorry guys, I just have to. I have no idea if this is already in here, but when I saw the topic, this was the first thing that came to mind and I had to post it:

This is the song that doesn’t end
Yes it goes on and on my friend
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because......
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because.....

ham_man
Jul 20, 2005, 12:13 AM
Damn, this is a toughy...

Captain and Tenille - Muskrat Love. The noises in that song gave me nightmares...

Doctor Q
Jul 20, 2005, 12:21 AM
Sorry guys, I just have to. I have no idea if this is already in here, but when I saw the topic, this was the first thing that came to mind and I had to post it:

And they’ll continue singing it forever just because......
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because.....Ha! You may have forced me to hum that song, but I'll soon come to the end of it (I hope) and be able to start humming something else. :o

mduser63
Jul 20, 2005, 12:56 AM
The worst for me is anything by Modest Mouse. The less said about them the better, but hopefully they realize their lack of talent eventually and stop making music.

iMacZealot
Jul 20, 2005, 01:05 AM

What beauty?

Mac-Xpert
Jul 21, 2005, 12:07 PM
She has a range that is a little over 4 octaves, not 9. Count how many high notes are on all of her #1 hits........................................So the total number of high notes in all her #1 songs sans Emotions because it is an outlier and would bias this statistic: 7. Most of them have 0. Mariah over-using highnotes? Innacurate.First of all I think you should really lighten up a bit. I was only playing around with you (you should have noted the: :rolleyes: ;) ) I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Of course I was exaggerating with the 9 octaves. Being a musician myself I know that no one has such a big vocal range.

I'm by no means an expert on Mariah's music, and feel no desire at all to investigate it. So I haven't listened to a lot of her songs. "Emotions" was indeed the song I was thinking of when I made the 9 octaves comment.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... are you saying you don't like her melismas? I had to look that word up, but yes that's indeed what I mean. I hate that type of singing. You also hear this a lot from R&B artists. I dislike them with the same passion as I dislike Mariah's music.

Hip Hop wasn't even introduced into her music till the Rainbow album. I didn't mean just her Hip Hop music, but I would agree that that's amongst her worst stuff, although I really don't like her ballads either. I especially hate her covers, but I'm not much of a fan of covers in general (I once started a thread about that :p )
I think the instruments sound just like any other solo singer with a highlight on their voice. The main instrument in Mariah music is her voice. Well that's one way to look at it I guess. I however feel that having a strong vocals should not be a excuse to put mediocre instrumental playing behind it. To me *good music* should have the right balance between the vocals, the instrumental play and the lyrics.

But it's all a mater of taste of course. Noting to get to worked up about though.
;)

katie ta achoo
Jul 21, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hhhmm..
I immediately switch off Creed.
I can't stand that guy's voice!!

but I never have to switch it off because of my iPod... I never have to hear them. :p

Fiveos22
Jul 21, 2005, 10:09 PM
I long time back I found a song that lulls one into a stupor and then makes ears bleed. We would crank it up and get a kick out of it in the dorms, but that was then...

Its a cover of Wicked Game by Chris Isaak, but beyond that I have no idea who it is. I've chopped it down to just the ridiculous section and tossed it up on my server (http://66.222.38.71:8080/~server/strange%20music/WiG(cover).m4a) .

Props to anyone who can name the artist or where it came from.

taeclee99
Jul 27, 2005, 07:59 PM
Worst song in my collection? Has to be "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head. You could get beat up for listening to that in public.

EvilDoc
Jul 27, 2005, 10:11 PM
thats so easy... its my girl like to party all the time by eddie murphy... i think thats the title.. those are the only words so it has to be the title ;)

ghostee
Jul 27, 2005, 10:46 PM
FWIW, I absolutely DESPISE the song Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow did together. It annoys me to no end.

cubist
Jul 27, 2005, 11:41 PM
I think the worst "song" ever is that "Oz and Tinman" thing by America. But "If you don't know me by now" and "We are the world" are pretty awful, too, because they simply repeat ad naseum.

Rap doesn't qualify because, lacking melody and harmony, isn't music at all, but poetry.

The_Man
Aug 4, 2005, 11:12 PM
It is not even a contest.

SUMMER GIRLS by LFO is the worst song since the beginning of music. I am not even kidding.

I want everyone that reads this post to look at the lyrics (which I have linked to).

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lfo/summergirls.html

Ill give you a highlight of my favorite parts.

New Kids On The block,had a bunch of hits
Chinese food makes me sick.

^WHAT DOES CHINESE FOOD HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING! AND THATS THE CHORUS!!!!

Hip Hop Marmalade spic And span,
Met you one summer and it all began
Your the best girl that I ever did see,
The great Larry Bird Jersey 33
When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet
Billy Shakespere wrote a whole bunch of sonnets

^WHAT IS HIP HOP MARMALADE! WHAT DOES LARRY BIRD'S NUMBER HAVE TO DO WITH THIS GIRL! AND HOW DOES SHAKESPEARE'S SONNETS RELATE TO BUZZING LIKE A HORNET!?!

Stayed all summer then went back home,
Macauly Culkin wasn't Home Alone
Fell deep in love,but now we ain't speakin
Michael J Fox was Alex P Keaton

^MOST RANDOM LYRICS EVER.

there are two more verse's with lyrics equaly as bad as the ones previously mentioned.

After reading these lyrics I want to punch every single member of LFO directly in the kidney.

Just read these lyrics and I can promise you will either laugh or cry. And to think that this song was really popular a couple years ago....UGHHH.

Doctor Q
Aug 5, 2005, 12:36 AM
Stop snickering just because I have Flowers On the Wall in my library. Hey, I mean it. I can still hear you laughing under your breath.

EJBasile
Aug 5, 2005, 01:04 AM
Edit:

#1 Worst: Wind Beneath My Wings ~Bette Midler
#2 Worst: We built this city ~Jefferson Starship

Max_Runk
Aug 5, 2005, 01:28 AM
867-5309..makes me wanna scream anytime I hear it or it pops in my head.

I have to start whistling the Gilligan's Island theme song to get rid of it..then the Flintstones to get rid of that...etc...

I wanna slap the **** out of Jenny

iWillard
Aug 5, 2005, 02:12 AM
Worst songs ever is between Mambo #5 by Lou Vega and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf.

Auuuggggh Meeeeaaatloaf.... Sweet sweet lord... 12 minute songs that are 2 minute songs repeated 6 times... Are there ANY Meatloaf songs that *don't* repeat the title 234,273,089 times? So horrible...

tammy23
Aug 18, 2005, 04:11 PM
Okay, first off, I want to say that I despise all country music, but I am forced to listen sometimes because my husband loves it. That being said, the TWO WORST SONGS EVER are by that horrid awful new country band Sugarland. I believe the titles are "baby girl" and "something more". Seriously, when I hear those songs, I want to curl up in a ball and die. they make me physically sick.

leftbanke7
Aug 18, 2005, 04:34 PM
The three worst songs ever created by far have to be American Pie by Don Maclean, Louie Louie by The Kingsmen (I think) and Sara by Starship or Jefferson Starship or Jefferson Airplane or Airplane Starship or Starplane or whatever in the hell they were called when they wrote that travesty of music.

I'm not real thrilled with today's rap either but since I don't classify it as music, it doesn't really fit into this thread.

rendezvouscp
Aug 18, 2005, 04:45 PM
The three worst songs ever created by far have to be American Pie by Don Maclean, Louie Louie by The Kingsmen (I think) and Sara by Starship or Jefferson Starship or Jefferson Airplane or Airplane Starship or Starplane or whatever in the hell they were called when they wrote that travesty of music.

I'm not real thrilled with today's rap either but since I don't classify it as music, it doesn't really fit into this thread.

You don't like American Pie? :eek: And Louie Louie? :eek: And...I don't know the third one.

What's wrong with those two?
-Chase

SharksFan22
Aug 18, 2005, 05:22 PM
Hey, what's with the picking on Billy Idol!?! :) Actually, I still love "Eyes Without A Face" and "Rebel Yell". Ok, so I'm a little stuck in the 80s....

Worst ever -- Pat Boone's cover of Van Halen's epic monster rock anthem "Panama". One of the best rock tunes of all time ruined.

Edit - actually, that whole album "No More Mr. Nice Guy" is heinous. :(

One that I can't decide if I like or not is Linkin Park's version of Cameo's "Word Up". It's on iTunes and if you remember Larry Blackmon doing this 20 years ago, you'll get a chuckle out this one.

Also up there -- Culture Clubs "Karmachameleon". And you all thought 867-5309 would be stuck in your head all night. :)

zap2
Aug 18, 2005, 06:56 PM
You don't like American Pie? :eek: And Louie Louie? :eek: And...I don't know the third one.

-Chase

Hwo cna he not like American Pie that one of the best songs ever! top 150

leftbanke7
Aug 19, 2005, 01:09 PM

-Chase

American Pie - Just never liked it. It's just one of those songs.
Louie Louie - A local radio station about 10 years ago played the song 24 hours a day for a week while they were going through a reformatting. To this day, the song makes my stomach churn.
Sara - You're very lucky not knowing that song....uuuugh.

Shaun.P
Aug 19, 2005, 01:26 PM
I don't this the names of the songs exactly, although these may be correct:

Fatman Scoop - Clook the Clan
and the Cha Cha Slide (one hop this time, reverse, reverse, take it back y'all, how low can you go? can you go down low?)

ARGH!

FunkSpaceMonkey
Aug 20, 2005, 08:02 AM
I hate that Holaback girl thing by that Gwen whench... :mad:

PlaceofDis
Aug 20, 2005, 08:41 AM
I hate that Holaback girl thing by that Gwen whench... :mad:

i cant stand Gwen....

my worst song though? hmmmmmm probably nothing because i dont have any music in iTunes that i dont like at least a little bit.....

lavar78
Aug 21, 2005, 07:03 PM
I've never seen the appeal of "American Pie," but it's hard to name the original as one of the worst songs when there's a cover by Madonna that's unspeakably bad.

OTOH, I'd say "Sara" is Starship's very best song. It would be just a nice slice of 80s cheese, but the delivery of the "no time is a good time" line near the end takes it to a whole new level.

I also love "867-5309 (Jenny)." There's something to be said for a song about a girl's name and number on the bathroom wall. It's a fun song.

JW8725
Aug 21, 2005, 08:24 PM
You're A Pink Toothbrush by Max Bygraves gets my vote. Just read these lyrics:

You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush,
Have we met somewhere before?
You're a pink toothbrush, and I think toothbrush,
That we met by the bathroom door.

Glad to meet toothbrush such a sweet toothbrush,
How you thrill me through and through,
Don't be hard toothbrush on a soft toothbrush,
'Cos I can't help loving you.

Need I say more??

Doctor Q
Aug 22, 2005, 12:51 AM
You're A Pink Toothbrush by Max Bygraves gets my vote. Just read these lyrics:

You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush,
Have we met somewhere before?
You're a pink toothbrush, and I think toothbrush,
That we met by the bathroom door.

Glad to meet toothbrush such a sweet toothbrush,
How you thrill me through and through,
Don't be hard toothbrush on a soft toothbrush,
'Cos I can't help loving you.

Need I say more??I somehow acquired a record of the Smurfs singing that song. I didn't know anybody else had ever heard of it.

Nanda Devi
Aug 22, 2005, 09:48 PM
American Pie - Just never liked it. It's just one of those songs.
Louie Louie - A local radio station about 10 years ago played the song 24 hours a day for a week while they were going through a reformatting. To this day, the song makes my stomach churn.
Sara - You're very lucky not knowing that song....uuuugh.

Hate American Pie and Louie Louie is also annoying... and while I'll definitely admit that "Sara" and "We Built this City" by Starship both SUCK horribly, but The Jefferson Airplane is one of the finest bands to come out of the 60s - scratch that, they're one of the finest bands period. And Jefferson Starship also put out some great music, when it was still Grace Slick and Marty Balin... Starship on the other hand - the band that did "Sara" and WBTC - was with the lead singer Mickey Thomas, who sounds a lot like Grace Slick but.... ISN'T!!

Just had to clear that up and defend the Airplane. Great band. Highly underrated too... and not to be confused with Starship! :)

leftbanke7
Aug 23, 2005, 02:07 PM
Hate American Pie and Louie Louie is also annoying... and while I'll definitely admit that "Sara" and "We Built this City" by Starship both SUCK horribly, but The Jefferson Airplane is one of the finest bands to come out of the 60s - scratch that, they're one of the finest bands period. And Jefferson Starship also put out some great music, when it was still Grace Slick and Marty Balin... Starship on the other hand - the band that did "Sara" and WBTC - was with the lead singer Mickey Thomas, who sounds a lot like Grace Slick but.... ISN'T!!

Just had to clear that up and defend the Airplane. Great band. Highly underrated too... and not to be confused with Starship! :)

Oh yeah, I do dig Airplane. But it seems with each name change, the quality goes down.

CanadaRAM
Aug 23, 2005, 02:30 PM
Captain and Tenille - Muskrat Love. The noises in that song gave me nightmares...
Written by America, the same loveable hippies who gave us "Tin Man"

> Hey, what's with the picking on Billy Idol!?!
Oi, the guy who sneered his way through "White Wedding"? Repulsive.

> "One Night In Bangkok"
Lyric sample: "I get MY kicks ABOVE the waistline, sunshine!"
Damn damn damn
(plugs ears, starts humming "It's a Small World After All")
Aack! Worse!
(Puts on Green Day and cranks up Holiday)
Aah. Drano for the brain...

Wednesday
Aug 23, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hasn't anyone mentioned Agadoo, The Birdie Song, or Startrekkin' yet?

I'm shocked.

Personally, I think Elton John writes some of the worst schmaltz I've ever heard - yes, even Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

mahashel
Aug 23, 2005, 03:46 PM
I Love to Ride My Bicycle - by Queen

Every time I hear it, I actually feel *embarassed* for the band. They had to have sobered up at some point and realized the irreversibly fatal mistake they had made.

Fiveos22
Aug 24, 2005, 09:44 AM
I Love to Ride My Bicycle - by Queen

Every time I hear it, I actually feel *embarassed* for the band. They had to have sobered up at some point and realized the irreversibly fatal mistake they had made.

Bicycle?! That's a great song...and fits pretty well with Queen's offerings. They were always out there anyway.

Wednesday
Aug 25, 2005, 02:16 PM
Almost forgot about 'Angel' by Robbie Williams, and 'Everything I Do' by Bryan Adams. Hideous.

floyde
Aug 25, 2005, 02:44 PM
"Stay" by Lisa Loeb... The ultimate chick flick song. I used to think she was cute in a geeky kind of way though.

CompUser
Aug 25, 2005, 02:48 PM
"I touch myself" by blondie

What a disgusting song. Reminds me of the scene in austin powers.

I can't believe I have the song. I also have Hillary Duff Songs (i got them from my sis). Have you ever listened to her songs lyrics. she just repeat s the same words over and over again and her songs just are stupid. "why not take a crazy, why not do a crazy dance"- its sounds like a retard wrote that.

JW8725
Aug 27, 2005, 03:38 PM
Almost forgot about 'Angel' by Robbie Williams, and 'Everything I Do' by Bryan Adams. Hideous.

Yer so wrong mush on both counts!

Wednesday
Aug 29, 2005, 08:13 AM
Yer so wrong mush on both counts!

Are you being ironic, or should I call the doctor? ;)

clayj
Aug 29, 2005, 01:17 PM
"I touch myself" by blondie

What a disgusting song. Reminds me of the scene in austin powers.

I can't believe I have the song. I also have Hillary Duff Songs (i got them from my sis). Have you ever listened to her songs lyrics. she just repeat s the same words over and over again and her songs just are stupid. "why not take a crazy, why not do a crazy dance"- its sounds like a retard wrote that.Did Blondie record that song, as well? Because I always thought that the Divinyls wrote and performed it. (Christina Amphlett... scha-wing!)

"Stay" by Lisa Loeb... The ultimate chick flick song. I used to think she was cute in a geeky kind of way though.Lisa Loeb is megacute. :)

cloud 9
Aug 29, 2005, 08:11 PM
I think the the worst song ever for me is
Bryan Adams 'Summer of 69' *shiver*
I think Canada should apologize for him and for Celine Dion.

Besides that, all that crappy r'nb from mtv with all the thongs and breasts in the videoclips and Eminem do annoy me so hard. And also Borah Jones, Dido and Metallica, and some others...
And God bless I don't live in America because Americans are 20 times as much exposed to that kinda rubbish...I can easily ignore it here, for now...